fuzzyping

Hey Mike!

Yea, it's a bummer, I know. What can ya do? :Doh:

The older drivers were never sold as RL-i's in fact, they are built upon the same basic motor topology, but I bought them on liquidation as they were initially intended for another customer (not me). I figure I may as well let you all know about 'em while we wait for the RL-i's, just in case they may suffice for your application (and they're a little cheaper).

All RL-i8 waitlisters will be receiving an email later today, with an offer for a small batch of Audiopulse EPIC 8" drivers that were delivered to me in efforts to settle a small portion of the longstanding production debt owed to me. I am confident that these EPIC drivers are on par with the RL-i8, and while I don't particularly care to push another company's product, I figure it's the least I can do for the people who have so patiently been waiting for so long. They will be sold at a discount to their retail price. Please note, I have these in extremely limited quantity, so these will be available exclusively to waitlisters for two weeks. If there are any left after that period, I will list them here on the forum for anyone else who may be interested.

Yea, it's a bummer, I know. What can ya do? :Doh:

The older drivers were never sold as RL-i's in fact, they are built upon the same basic motor topology, but I bought them on liquidation as they were initially intended for another customer (not me). I figure I may as well let you all know about 'em while we wait for the RL-i's, just in case they may suffice for your application (and they're a little cheaper).

All RL-i8 waitlisters will be receiving an email later today, with an offer for a small batch of Audiopulse EPIC 8" drivers that were delivered to me in efforts to settle a small portion of the longstanding production debt owed to me. I am confident that these EPIC drivers are on par with the RL-i8, and while I don't particularly care to push another company's product, I figure it's the least I can do for the people who have so patiently been waiting for so long. They will be sold at a discount to their retail price. Please note, I have these in extremely limited quantity, so these will be available exclusively to waitlisters for two weeks. If there are any left after that period, I will list them here on the forum for anyone else who may be interested.

hurry up two weeks!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thank you Sir...

Hey guyz, what setup would you choose?

2xEpic 8" D4ohm in 0.9cuft powered with 650rms

OR

2xRL-i8 S4ohm in 0.6cuft powered with 1000rms

My car is a hatchback if that helps. Both enclosures are sealed.

If there are any left I will 100% take one of the Audiopulse drivers! I am happy to pay in advance just to be sure...

Best regards, K22

This forum is way too quiet. Mike, if you're still alive out there, what's the latest on your build house woes?

Still just mullin' along, nothing much new to report. Now that we are trying to do our production overseas, we have had to deal with numerous delays at the port (for parts that we sent in a container) as well as with the various producers we are working with. I still have a big lot of 8's and 18's on order, but there's really no telling when they will pull through. Rest assured, as soon as I know, I will make it known.

In the meanwhile, I hope you have all been having a great summer. sun.gif

It's been a li'l rough for me both personally and professionally, but I'm still kickin'!

As always, if you ever have any questions, I invite you to email me anytime.

Currenty inventory includes:

• Orphan 8's
  • RL-i10 S4 + D4
  • RL-p12 D2
  • RL-p15 D2 + D4
  • RL-p18 D2 + D4
  • RL-s12 S4

Take care e'ryone!

glad to see ya mike! hope all goes well, bro!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Stupid question:

When the RL-i8s are released, will they have the exact same specs (or at least really really close) than the previous ones?

I am interested in them only because of the sensitivity, xmax and rms. But sensitivity is really important to me.

Thank you Mike...

Glad to hear all is well for you mike..... maybe soon you can take another vacation in Hawaii again

Aloha

When the RL-i8s are released, will they have the exact same specs (or at least really really close) than the previous ones?

Should be close, but we'll just have to wait and see. These are coming from a new manufacturer, and so this will be an evaluative period with the first order. The new drivers will be tested and the appropriate spec's listed before they go on sale.