Cxrazy

Good box for an RLP-12?

Hey guys,

I don't like my current box so i'm thinking about making another one.

My current one is about 2.6ft^3 @ ~32, and the one I want to make is 2ft^3 @ 29

2cubes29hz325sqin7bo.png

^^ Thats the one I'd be building. From the free box plans at Caraudio.com . ;)

Would it be worth enough of my time to make a new box? The one I have is too big I think.

when you go smaller box and drop tuning, you need to make up for it with port area. smaller boxes aren't low tuning friendly, per say, compared to their large box counterparts. that said, personally, i liked the rl-p in 2ft@34hz, and it did just fine in 2.5@32hz.

ok, enough rambling, lol. it's never a waste of time to build another enclosure if the current one doesn't sound right to you. build the new box and let us know how it goes!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I can try a 2 @ 34 too.

;)

What have people run them at with success? Tell me, and I'll build that!

2@28... but most people would like higher tuning than I.

that box size/tuning has gotten great reviews for the rl-p. it really seems to shine in that box.

i am one of those who like the higher tuning though, lol. but i think 2ft^3 is where the sub is most comfortable. tuning is per listener's ear, taste in music and overall system goals.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

<< 2.0 @27hz. Could have probably done 30hz.

<< 2.0 @27hz. Could have probably done 30hz.

Does anyone have dimensions of a box that they've made for an rl-p 12"? A picture with dimensions on it?

Because the current box I have has a blow thru problem, and I don't want to have that again. I want this sub to sound awesome.

:)fing05.gif

i really liked mine in my 2.0 at 28, but i would probably try 1.8 at 32 just to see if i had time. do 2.0 at 30 if you want a little more output.

Curious about what you don't like about your current box.

Curious about what you don't like about your current box.

Now my old box.

It sounded innacurate and boomy and didn't get low enough.

My new one is ~2.1 (to my calculations) and tuned to 29. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH (light and day) more controlled, sound soooo much better. My old box would completely slam some notes so much that it was crazy, and then some others like the sub wasn't even on. Now it hits them all evenly and cleanly.

Now I just want a bigger amp. ;)

I'm currently sending it 600w, but since I got new components up front and amped them its not quite keeping up.

I'm thinking about a 1000-1200w amp. Is that too much power for a daily driver? Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks!

PS... : I LOVE your avatar. That girl is gorgeous.

Glad things are sounding better for ya. A 1000 - 1200 watt amplifier, wielded responsibly, should not be a problem for the RL-p. Just make sure you don't go crankin' all your knobs full tilt!