sick6ness

Damplifier Pro

Hey guys, I ordered some Damplifier Pro from SS. Will be doing my 2004 Civic's trunk. Delivery of the stuff is scheduled for this upcoming Monday 4/12. Hopefully Ill find some time this week to bang it out quick. Ill post up some before and after pictures along with a small review.

sounds great bro please do some vids..the vids ant posted up of before and after are crazy..

Ok well today the SS Trunk Kit arrived. Im starting tomorrow, any suggestions on where I should double up on the layers to increase efficiency ? (Wheel wells) any others?

Edited by sick6ness

on my truck im doubling up on the roof,the back door to where i open to get to the system,and the sides from where the back door begins and work my back to the tail light will all be doubled..for my doors im doing single layer

When you open the trunk and look up, under the rear deck where my 6x9's are.. should I sound proof around the speaker magnets on the bare metal?

ya man if you got the cash to throw a layer on there it would be great..although i would only do the regular damplifier there i dont think i would go pro unless i really had some cash to devote to it..im only going pro on the back where i will really need it everywhere else im going regular..

Ok, thanks again for the speedy reply. Well I'm only doing my trunk in this car because I'm getting a 2008 Altima Sedan in 2 years. So I should have enough with the 20 sq.ft hopefully to throw some damplifier pro up there.

good work man..08 altimas are phuckin sweet..fast too..i bet your already drawing out your system for that car..lol

good work man..08 altimas are phuckin sweet..fast too..i bet your already drawing out your system for that car..lol

Lol you got that right, I'm looking into a lot of things. Its hard to plan out since it has all those speakers in it, I dont know if i should install front and back components and then maybe squeeze an 8" woofer in the rear deck. And leave the speakers in the dash as dummies. Im getting it from my grandfather who got that damn Bose stereo in it. By the time I get it hopefully there will be some other installs with that HU.

Bro-heating.gif

My brother w/ heatgun

me-scrape.gif

Me getting that garbage OFF!

half-done.gif

Almost there. . . .

complete.gif

Nice a clean, ready for the SS tomorrow

Basically if you don't have a heat gun, you're screwed. It was a nightmare getting that stuff off.

btw, I was looking in the SS box, its the trunk kit, I hope theres enough there for the entire trunk. Theres 12 sheets in it..

In the last pic where the spare tire goes, whats that silver cap?

Edited by sick6ness

i believe that cap screws down on your spare tire and locks it down to keep it from flying all over the trunk while driving

i believe that cap screws down on your spare tire and locks it down to keep it from flying all over the trunk while driving

No not that cap, the little round chrome thing to the right of where the tire would go.

redcircle.gif

hmmm..cant tell from here, does it screw off? if you can get a pic from right above maybe we can see it better

No it doesn't screw off, but it might pop off, I didn't want to mess with it. But I'll have more pics up tomorrow :)

sounds good man..must be like a kid on xmas eve wating for this stuff...lol

It's ok to be excited! :D

might be a drain plug

That is what I was going to guess.

im done installing pro all you do is clean peel and stick, it was so easy i finished within an hour and a half great stuff easy to use, definatley notice a difference in sound and coolness to

silver-cap.gif

A close up of that cap.

50percent.gif

Half way done

another.gif

Another

I used the heatgun in some areas that had a lot of bumps to get the ss to contour better to the metal.

rear-deck.gif

Under rear deck.

Overall Damplfier Pro is a great product. It is very pliable which adds to the ease of applying and contouring it over bumps. Unfortunately the trunk kit I ordered which is 20 sq.ft was not enough for my Honda's small trunk.

After I was finished, I drove around at different speeds noticing that the sound from the rear had quieted down.

I then turned on my HU, the bass was tighter and cleaner, and I didn't have to have it up so much anymore to get the effect I like.

I played Rock, jazz, hiphop and classical which all sounded better.

This is damn good considering I didn't have enough for a 100% job. Soon I will be ordering more, to add to the Dynamat in my doors and also to complete the trunk.

If anyone has any questions for me Ill be happy to answer them.

yea i used a heat gun to the metal also which helped placement on alot of areas i ordered the bulk pack 36 sq. ft and i finished with some left over, i dropped my headliner put 2 layers on the roof which made it rock solid...

I did the whole back wall in my f250 also which is also double layered in most spots....

I Do notice a difference in sound in the back, also notice a difference in how it sounds with the woofers.. this stuff worked wonders for me, it stopped alot of vibration on the roof and back panel but however my window flex's more but o well.... i do recommend this product to people. ill try to get some pictures up

Edited by muddybass