Sign in to follow this  
ABXX49

paradigm

Just wanted to know what all you Home Audio guru's think about Paradigm. My roommate has a pair of mini-monitors that are hooked up to an Onkyo receiver. Personally, I think they sound amazing. Yet again, they are the only real home audio speakers I've heard. Aside from Walmart specials.

Paradigm has some pretty good speakers out there.

If you liked the sound of those monitors then you should check out PMC speakers.

www.pmc-speakers.com

A lot of recording studios across the world use that brand - UK brand.

I've heard a demo and it was so impressive. The focus is unbelievable even though it was in an open space (not a properly setup room with minimized reflection) - just an open space like best buys displaying their products.

Amazing I tell you...

digms are nice.

I think they are servo style too. in theory you would get better response that way. I'm not really truely sure how it works enough to say more or even if they are true servo style.

For music I bet they are awesome... for theatre... run some nice subs in an array, maybe IB... yeah... boom heheheh

I am not a fan of Paradigm really at all. Somewhat cheaply fabricated and just don't sound the best. Bowers & Wilkins speakers destroy Paradigm speakers and aren't much more expensive. I would also check out Revel, Klipsch, PSB and others, but I am just not impressed by Paradigm, especially their newest Monitor line.

Paradigm has some pretty good speakers out there.

Yes, their Reference and Signature series, but their Monitor series is pretty abysmal.

I would agree :)

Although I'm with you on Revel and B&W...would probably take those over a lot of Paradigms, I'm not a fan of newer Klipsch unless they're the reissued Heritage lines :)

I think paradigm still makes really good speakers considering the price. My dad has a pair of atoms that are probably 20 years old and they just sound great. Much better than the new stuff. I don't know what happened. Probably got bought by some umbrella company. Seems to be what is happening to a lot of copmanies these days.

To answer your question though, I still think that the entry level paradigm is good stuff for the price, but like bose301s mentioned, B&W makes some great stuff for a bit more. I would agree with JimJ. Not a fan of klipsch. Tons of good options out there though, don't get fixated on one or the other. Listen to them and make the choice for yourself. In the end, you are going to be the one listening to them. In my opinion, you are on the right track.

I think paradigm still makes really good speakers considering the price. My dad has a pair of atoms that are probably 20 years old and they just sound great. Much better than the new stuff. I don't know what happened. Probably got bought by some umbrella company. Seems to be what is happening to a lot of copmanies these days.

To answer your question though, I still think that the entry level paradigm is good stuff for the price, but like bose301s mentioned, B&W makes some great stuff for a bit more. I would agree with JimJ. Not a fan of klipsch. Tons of good options out there though, don't get fixated on one or the other. Listen to them and make the choice for yourself. In the end, you are going to be the one listening to them. In my opinion, you are on the right track.

As far as I can tell Paradigm is still its own entity. B&W has some stuff at price parity with Paradigm and

I would choose the B&W stuff everytime. I did listen to the new Monitor 7 v. 5 and compared to my DM 603s they sounded plain old bad, and keep in mind I got my 603s for the same price post tax as the Monitor 7s are pre tax, but I did get lucky there. I just have not been impressed by Paradigms entry level products, their higher end Reference and Signature lines are very good speakers and when I heard them I was impressed, but the entry level stuff is just not that good. Still, my favorite setup that I have heard was a set of B&W 802Ds ($12,000/pair) with a JL Fathom f113 sub ($3,500), that was pure aural sex.

b&w 800's..... mmmMMMmmm

I refuse to pay what JL is asking... or at least I keep telling myself.

I'm not a fan of Para speakers at all. I heard them at an audio shop in Dayton, AB'd them next to some 683's among other things.

The set I was listening tagged at more than twice the B&W's and didn't sound half as good.

My ears told me everything I needed to know about them.

I'm not a fan of Para speakers at all. I heard them at an audio shop in Dayton, AB'd them next to some 683's among other things.

The set I was listening tagged at more than twice the B&W's and didn't sound half as good.

which digms did you audition?

which digms did you audition?

Couldn't tell you specifically, They were ~$3000. I expected them to be good, I was definitely disappointed.

Just glanced at the website, They had the monitors there, but those aren't the ones I was talking about. Next time I go there I'll have to remember the model name.

My setup is all Paradigm, monitor 7's, cc350, and monitor 3's for the rear. I have had them for years; the only thing that gets updated is my receivers. I am yet to go into an audio shop and sit down in a room and hear something in the same price range that will make me switch or make me get rid of the old monitors. It is a matter of opinion and what your ears find to be pleasant, same as taste in women. I don't care so much for looks, as long as they CAN get down. Some just want the name B&W with pretty wood, blond hair, and that

lol fire in her pants.....

I would challenge that the 800's series from B&W are nicer than the digms, but it's subjective. Maggies do better than both for quite a bit of music, they make the soundstage so broad.. it's insane.

Edited by dem beats

My setup is all Paradigm, monitor 7's, cc350, and monitor 3's for the rear. I have had them for years; the only thing that gets updated is my receivers. I am yet to go into an audio shop and sit down in a room and hear something in the same price range that will make me switch or make me get rid of the old monitors. It is a matter of opinion and what your ears find to be pleasant, same as taste in women. I don't care so much for looks, as long as they CAN get down. Some just want the name B&W with pretty wood, blond hair, and that

I would challenge that the 800's series from B&W are nicer than the digms, but it's subjective. Maggies do better than both for quite a bit of music, they make the soundstage so broad.. it's insane.

I would never compare Monitor Paradigms with 800 series B&W's, yes if I had $10000 and nothing better to do with it I would buy the 802's also.

I would never compare Monitor Paradigms with 800 series B&W's, yes if I had $10000 and nothing better to do with it I would buy the 802's also.