See the smoked plexi in the middle? What does everyone think?

Leave it?

Replace it with a clear red?

Replace it with clear and have JBL and Crown etched on either side and backlit red?

gallery_156_22_25175.jpg

I don't think it looks bad as it is...there can be too much of a color :)

That's my concern, although, this will be the only color in this area of the vehicle. The rest is just your normal trunk carpet and nothing else.

I really like the smoked plexi the way it is. I think red would be a bit to much in the center.

smoked plexi looks better there, imo.

I really like the smoked plexi the way it is. I think red would be a bit to much in the center.

I agree - I like it :)

I like the smoked look now. However, I am kinda interested in the idea of the etching but instead of back lighting it see if there is enough room for leds on the side on the of the plexi so only the etching will light up and you can still see the internals. Hope I explained it clearly, just a thought.

I like the smoked look now. However, I am kinda interested in the idea of the etching but instead of back lighting it see if there is enough room for leds on the side on the of the plexi so only the etching will light up and you can still see the internals. Hope I explained it clearly, just a thought.

I think you are talking about those circular multiple-leds that shine in a 360* radius, but not up or down.

I know we have used a ton of them in installs at the shop behind my house.

I think you are talking about those circular multiple-leds that shine in a 360* radius, but not up or down.

ya go with the smoked and get it etched and light it up with a red led that would be pretty sweet

Somewhat, I was thinking more like if the plexiglass is thick enough you could mount them on the ends pointing toward the center and have a fiber optic effect so the plexi carries the light and lights up the etching when it hits it. So your lighting up only the etching in the glass and not obstructing the view of the internals. I dont know just thinking out loud. Seems like Ive seen it done like that somewhere.

Somewhat, I was thinking more like if the plexiglass is thick enough you could mount them on the ends pointing toward the center and have a fiber optic effect so the plexi carries the light and lights up the etching when it hits it. So your lighting up only the etching in the glass and not obstructing the view of the internals. I dont know just thinking out loud. Seems like Ive seen it done like that somewhere.

You could do it that way, but don't forget that led's are directional.... I tried doing an edge lit plexi cover once and you could tell that there were brighter lines and duller lines. Basically with the led i'm talking about its the size of a dime and you just drill about 1/2 way through the plexi and put it in there (behind something like the jbl logo in this case) It works like countersinking a screwhead, has lighting on all 360* and looks sick.

That is the plan if I use the LEDs. I think it will stay like it is though as I have had pretty much everyone tell me to leave it. Thanks everyone!

Leave it. I love that amplifier.

I'd leave it, or if you do change it just be rid of the crown logo. You know what it is who cares if others do.