stratusrt01

Initial SPL 12 SPL testing

there is a guy here in Dallas that has 3 of their 18" in a wall, tuned pretty low doing upper mid 145's

but his is set up for music, iv never seen 1 out of the box

iv never seen 1 out of the box

www.mach5audio.com

not bad, id like to see this sub put into a real spl environment and see what it can really do

Edited by Citrate

not bad, id like to see this sub put into a real spl environment and see what it can really do

I think a SAZ 3000d @ 17.7v is about as real as it's going to get, 5k on a 12" sub is Gorilla Pimpin :slayer:

iv never seen 1 out of the box

www.mach5audio.com

I could use 2 amps on 17.7v, however, I think all of the subs will suffer from power compression badly on 10k watts, which will make the results all over the place.

Off-topic posts have been removed. If you wish to start a new thread on how to get loud using Mach 5 products, by all means, start one in this forum. Otherwise, I suggest you take your topic to the general section.

Thanks,

Mark

for the next test (that I've heard was coming) can you measure the power for each woofer?

This might help.

link

I think a SAZ 3000d @ 17.7v is about as real as it's going to get, 5k on a 12" sub is Gorilla Pimpin :slayer:

A real spl environment doesnt mean tons of power, it means in an spl built box, in an spl car. 146db-148db off 5000 watts isnt a real spl environment. Its loud yes but it should be WAYYYYYYYYYY louder. Its impressive that the sub took it, id just like to see what its FULL potential is in a burp mobile specifically built for this sub.

for the next test (that I've heard was coming) can you measure the power for each woofer?

This might help.

link

It was done for this one as well, I'm just still compiling data into a spreadsheet with all the information.

A real spl environment doesnt mean tons of power, it means in an spl built box, in an spl car. 146db-148db off 5000 watts isnt a real spl environment. Its loud yes but it should be WAYYYYYYYYYY louder. Its impressive that the sub took it, id just like to see what its FULL potential is in a burp mobile specifically built for this sub.

It shouldn't be WAYYYYYYYYY louder, given the circumstances. This was done in a trunk car, seats up, sealed on the dash. This happens to be the rules in the class I compete in NSPL. For the car and situation, the scores are most impressive. For example, the loudest that's been done in my class is a 153.0, which was a pair of 15's on 4 Stetsom 2K6's.....

Kind of puts it in a different light, huh?

If you would like, I will put it in my truck, where the frequency is 68hz, and let it rip a few times. The numbers will be up, yes, but my car is more of a stable platform, the freq stays the same, and it reliably puts up good numbers out of the trunk.

well i would offer suggestions based on my REAL world SPL competitions that i go to twice a month all year long,

but as it does not pertain to Mach subs directlly

the post will be removed and they will ask me to start a thread off topic

Sorry :shrug:

when did Mach start making these other subs

?

RE MT

DD 9512

IA DP

did anyone get pics of the test being conducted ?

Edited by Lord Baccus

I did a 144.1 on the prototype last year with less power then Rich on a weaksause electrical. The prototype did not have the power handling of the production model. I don't have the SPL level of experience of Rich. :)

It shouldn't be WAYYYYYYYYY louder, given the circumstances. This was done in a trunk car, seats up, sealed on the dash. This happens to be the rules in the class I compete in NSPL. For the car and situation, the scores are most impressive. For example, the loudest that's been done in my class is a 153.0, which was a pair of 15's on 4 Stetsom 2K6's.....

If you would like, I will put it in my truck, where the frequency is 68hz, and let it rip a few times. The numbers will be up, yes, but my car is more of a stable platform, the freq stays the same, and it reliably puts up good numbers out of the trunk.

no it doesnt put it in a different light, and im not saying he's not a real spl competitor. Im also a competitor, with a trunk car. But what do i know right? I didnt goto db drag finals and compete in street A in 07. No i know absolutly nothing lol. Come guys, theres no insults here i just wanna see what this subwoofer is capable of in an install thats completly built and proven. Next time im testing ill try it with the seats up and see what number i can do, mind you have half the power he's running. But we'll see, any chance you can do some tests with the seats down, you know db drag style?

Edited by Citrate

Don't post dump Baccus...

Post dump ?

sorry i tried to contribute to this thread seeing as i was using

a Single 12" sub

same amps / w- matching power give by the tester.

was unaware this was a Mach only discussion...

yall used subs other that Mach so i just assumed it was an open conversation.

if you would like to send me a Mach 12" sub i would be happy to build a box for it and put it aginst everything in the Dallas - Ft Worth area...

and kick @ss with it im sure.

post the T/s for the SPL 12" and ill design you a boxx that will Hammer the competition into summission :slayer:

Don't post dump Baccus...

Post dump ?

sorry i tried to contribute to this thread seeing as i was using

a Single 12" sub

same amps / w- matching power give by the tester.

was unaware this was a Mach only discussion...

yall used subs other that Mach so i just assumed it was an open conversation.

if you would like to send me a Mach 12" sub i would be happy to build a box for it and put it aginst everything in the Dallas - Ft Worth area...

and kick @ss with it im sure.

post the T/s for the SPL 12" and ill design you a boxx that will Hammer the competition into summission :slayer:

LOL same for the Ontario Canada scene, ill compete in the db drag, and cspl shows with your sub, get it out there cause there is ppl here interested in it but no one has seen it, at the end of the season ill send it back to ya. This sub sounds like itll perform well in a box built for an MT so i should easily be able to get mid 51's out of it in my trunk in street A given that it has the proper coil config. This would be a great oppertunity to show what it can do in db drag. Now do i expect you to take me up on the offer? No i dont, but its out there for your consideration. There are a lot of new subs coming up in ontario alone, dont miss the oppertunity.

UMMM if i use the sub im keeping it @ the end of season for the effort :)

if it did as good as these test say it will, id probably pay a discounted price to keep it, but i dont expect anything for free, our friend snoop pretty much destroyed any chances of that happening lol

if it did as good as these test say it will, id probably pay a discounted price to keep it, but i dont expect anything for free, our friend snoop pretty much destroyed any chances of that happening lol

i'v only seen the 18" in a wall ported for music...

id be happy to put the SPL 12" or 15" through the passes for Mach :)

im sure with the specs posted in the Test it will do fine for SPL

if the 12" will take 5k and not maxx out im stoked

The SPL 12 took 5k burps with no problem at all. I can do burps with the seats down, but it would probably change my tuning frequency, I'd have to check that out. I just never really meter with the seats down, since it's not allowed in my class, you know you do what you get used to. I have done it in the past a couple times, and was 1.4db louder with no testing to see if my frequency changed, so I would expect similar results. That's sealed up, on the dash also. I know some people around here want to compare Outlaw style numbers to mine, but it's not possible, these were all sealed up on the dash, DB Drag and NSPL legal.

This test wasn't setup to get the SPL 12 the loudest it could, it was supposed to be a fair comparison to some known SPL subwoofers. I'm sure I could get it louder with testing, but I've got a new project working, and don't really have the interest in making the Stratus loud as possible again, I'm loving listening to anything I want without changing the EQ or subwoofer level settings.

no it doesnt put it in a different light, and im not saying he's not a real spl competitor. Im also a competitor, with a trunk car. But what do i know right? I didnt goto db drag finals and compete in street A in 07. No i know absolutly nothing lol. Come guys, theres no insults here i just wanna see what this subwoofer is capable of in an install thats completly built and proven. Next time im testing ill try it with the seats up and see what number i can do, mind you have half the power he's running. But we'll see, any chance you can do some tests with the seats down, you know db drag style?

How do you have half the power with an Atomic 5k?

I gotta say I might have to buy one of these.

Or the 15's.

I had an MJ-18 and that sub was amazing, I'm sure the SPL is quality like Mach 5 has always been.

someone please post T/S for this sub 12" & 15"

and some pics for gods sake :)

:ttiwwop: