stratusrt01

Initial SPL 12 SPL testing

I do not know what people are talking about with DD and AQ drivers making mechanical noises. I have 2 HD3 15's in 8 net cubes on 2500 RMS each and I have never heard any kind of mechanical noise from them, and my original HD3 15's hit every note i throw at them with no problem and I can definately tell a major tone difference in different frequencies. I have heard some MT's and IMO the HD3's get just as loud and sound a little better. I guess it is just the enclosure.

I do not know what people are talking about with DD and AQ drivers making mechanical noises. I have 2 HD3 15's in 8 net cubes on 2500 RMS each and I have never heard any kind of mechanical noise from them, and my original HD3 15's hit every note i throw at them with no problem and I can definately tell a major tone difference in different frequencies. I have heard some MT's and IMO the HD3's get just as loud and sound a little better. I guess it is just the enclosure.

Oddly enough, this is not the first time I've heard of this issue with AQ and DD. Perhaps you have your setup proper so it is not noticeable.

It is not the first time I have heard of it either, however I have not had any awkward mechanical noises and they hit every note with authority and I can definately tell a major tonal difference between frequencies. I guess I just have the right enclosure and everything tuned right.

i figure half the power because i don't have the atomic in my hands yet so im going off my results with my ab 500.1 in which i was getting about 2800 watts measured ran off a 12 volt setup in my 96 neon trunk car off a single nsb 75 battery legal street a setup sealed on the dash at 46 hz i did 150.8 db. this is why i feel this sub has alot more potential than the initial testing showed and why i asked for the additional testing. no doubt its performing i just want to see what its full potential is. props to stratus for some good testing.

It is not the first time I have heard of it either, however I have not had any awkward mechanical noises and they hit every note with authority and I can definately tell a major tonal difference between frequencies. I guess I just have the right enclosure and everything tuned right.

If it works for you, I say use it :)

i figure half the power because i don't have the atomic in my hands yet so im going off my results with my ab 500.1 in which i was getting about 2800 watts measured ran off a 12 volt setup in my 96 neon trunk car off a single nsb 75 battery legal street a setup sealed on the dash at 46 hz i did 150.8 db. this is why i feel this sub has alot more potential than the initial testing showed and why i asked for the additional testing. no doubt its performing i just want to see what its full potential is. props to stratus for some good testing.

Different cars, different results, right?

Neons are known to be a pretty loud trunked car.

do you guys not understand that im not putting down the tests? how many times do i have to say it. don't be so defensive lol. the stratus is also know to be a loud trunk. but hey if you wanna keep thinking im bashing in ahead. but why don't you read the last sentence of my previous post first. id love to drop this sub in my car and see what it does since its right on par with the mt in the tests. pull your heads out and see that i've said this sub gas more potential than there tests showed.

Stop being so defensive, I said nothing about you putting down the tests. I know who you are, I know what you've done. Settle down & never tell me to pull my head out of my ass again, we are seeing eye to eye here!

i wasnt directing it at you or anyone in particular, it was a general comment to ppl who seemed to be taking what ive been saying the wrong ways, but meh whatever, good luck with your product mach5. I look forward to going head to head with one of these subs.

i wasnt directing it at you or anyone in particular, it was a general comment to ppl who seemed to be taking what ive been saying the wrong ways, but meh whatever, good luck with your product mach5. I look forward to going head to head with one of these subs.

you still drive a neon.. so in my books, you're just like kevin miranda ;)

Ok, rather than going on another post deleting rampage, I will ask Richard if he can start a new thread when he is ready to post the second part of his testing.

you still drive a neon.. so in my books, you're just like kevin miranda ;)

lol i might drive a neon, but its not just any neon, its the loudest street A trunk car in history :P And you cant compare me to kevin... Im loud LOL

Congrats Mark, looks like a very formidable sub for comp or loud daily. How is the SQ for a daily driver? I've heard AQ's, DD's, and MT's in lower tuned boxes and they all sounded fine for daily, so I'm assuming the SPL would do the same. Price is also very competitive.

Another solid offering from MACH5. Now I just need to come up with a project so I can buy something from them.

i was reffering to pics of the mecanical functions of the test & sub's used !!!

the pics posted are vague @ best !

was clamping done ? tc etc etc

i was reffering to pics of the mecanical functions of the test & sub's used !!!

the pics posted are vague @ best !

was clamping done ? tc etc etc

There are only minor diffrences between the 5000.1 and the 500.1.

in my initial testing with the cactus 5kw which is basically the same as the atomic 5000, i found a 1.2 db gain in straight drop in test against the 500.1 so there are more than slight differences between them

in my initial testing with the cactus 5kw which is basically the same as the atomic 5000, i found a 1.2 db gain in straight drop in test against the 500.1 so there are more than slight differences between them

I've had 2 5000.1's and 2 500.1's in my hands and opened both models. Same amp. If you take a better look at the guts you can see it's the same thing.

But ehhh, what do I know :P

uhhh yeah, they are both zenon based amps but do not share the same board LOL ever look at roe dude?

inside1.jpg

Atomic d5000.1

inside1.jpg

similar in that they both have caps coils fets transistors and heatsinks, different in that they dont share a board. Sorry for the hijack man, it was never my intention.

I had the pleasure of looking at them in person :)

Yes, the board layout is diffrent, but they use the same components. Which means they're totally diffrent amps :P

/hijack&sarcasm

UMMM if i use the sub im keeping it @ the end of season for the effort :)

if it did as good as these test say it will, id probably pay a discounted price to keep it, but i dont expect anything for free, our friend snoop pretty much destroyed any chances of that happening lol

i'v only seen the 18" in a wall ported for music...

id be happy to put the SPL 12" or 15" through the passes for Mach :)

im sure with the specs posted in the Test it will do fine for SPL

if the 12" will take 5k and not maxx out im stoked

problem with this is.. yuou have 0 idea what youa re doing! look at all your past posts. you are teh uber-noob. WHY would m5 give you free equipment?

can you explain the 1.2 db gain and lower reactive load when using the cactus? True they may have common components, but then most amps this size do. Dont think im saying the 500.1 is not a good amp, it was great and it never let me down, i did head to head testing of the 500.1, z1 (not z1A), soundstream xxx6500, and the cactus 5kw. The order of lowest to highest spl were as follows

xxx6500 150.4 db

ab 500.1 150.8 db

DD z1 151.6 db

Cactus 5kw 151.98 db

as you can see, since you know your amps, the cactus and the atomic are practically the same amp but the atomic is about half the price since its based in north america. Neway if the 2 are the same as you say, why were my results so different between them? I have an idea why, but id like to hear what you think. but i think this would need a new thread lol.

Sorry for the delay on responses, I've been tied up lately with some business.

I would agree that this sub has more potential than my numbers show. It wasn't designed to be an end-all, be all for the SPL testing, I just wanted a fair comparison to other subwoofers. I may actually continue on with my quest for max SPL out of this thing after testing is over. In a true SPL setup, I'm quite sure on the power I have at my disposal, a 150 is completely achievable.

To answer the questions on how it sound musically, I was very surprised. It actually sounds decent, and that's hard to get out of an SPL based sub with a fairly high Fs and 2500rms rating. In the box tuned to 40hz, it really didn't have many problems hitting whatever I threw at it, although my subsonic filter was set around 32ish hz.

Round 2 begins this week, since I have some time off finally, and we'll give it another go.