sick6ness

Future Amplifiers

Due to your high-end products, I'm wondering if there are any production ideas involving multi-channel amplifiers a year or two down the road. Possibly a 150.4, 200.4 or maybe even a 5 channel?

If so I would be greatly interested!

Out of what you listed... I am working on a 5-channel amp. I don't see a very large market for massive 4-channels so that won't happen for a while, until I'm ready to start making niche products. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make them but I do need to concentrate on what is going to be popular first to pay the bills :)

Out of what you listed... I am working on a 5-channel amp. I don't see a very large market for massive 4-channels so that won't happen for a while, until I'm ready to start making niche products. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make them but I do need to concentrate on what is going to be popular first to pay the bills :)

Great a 5 channel, that would fit my needs. I will be getting another car within 2 years, so hopefully by then Sundown Audio will have a new line of amplifiers out.

lol not sure wat u talking about

lol not sure wat u talking about

lol you know the /thread thing orginated from the car audio forum from hell..lol

They could wish that originated there...most of what's there are just regurgitations of 'net fads found elsewhere ;)

Another quick question, Will sundown's amplifiers be CEA-2006 rated in the near future?

Nope. They are rated much more conservatively than CEA 2006 calls for, which is how I prefer to do ratings... not a fan of the 14.4 volt standard.

Another quick question, Will sundown's amplifiers be CEA-2006 rated in the near future?

Nope. They are rated much more conservatively than CEA 2006 calls for, which is how I prefer to do ratings... not a fan of the 14.4 volt standard.

what are you ratings at? i cant remember if its 12.6v or not

Edited by denalilvr

Since its rated below a 14.4 volt does that mean that, lets say 100 rms/ch is actually pushing more than whats stated?

Since its rated below a 14.4 volt does that mean that, lets say 100 rms/ch is actually pushing more than whats stated?

yes, a 100.2 will put out about 25% more than rated and a 100.4 will do about 10% more than rated

SAX and SAZ are 12.8 volts

SAE-1000D rated for 13.8 volts (as will the other SAE amps when they come), but still technically does 1000 @ 12.8 volts.

SAE-1000D rated for 13.8 volts (as will the other SAE amps when they come), but still technically does 1000 @ 12.8 volts.

Why the difference in where you rate the SAZ/SAX line and the SAE line? I'm just curious as it's no big deal, it is still better than the CEA 2006 ratings and they deliver more than stated power.

Why the difference in where you rate the SAZ/SAX line and the SAE line? I'm just curious as it's no big deal, it is still better than the CEA 2006 ratings and they deliver more than stated power.

It's an entry level line, hence the plan was for less conservative ratings - I've moved directions a bit with the SAE line since the original plan. The other SAE amps I'm working on now all easily do their power at 12.8 volts so I doubt there will be any need for the distinction at all and they'll all just be rated at 12.8 volts.

It's an entry level line, hence the plan was for less conservative ratings - I've moved directions a bit with the SAE line since the original plan. The other SAE amps I'm working on now all easily do their power at 12.8 volts so I doubt there will be any need for the distinction at all and they'll all just be rated at 12.8 volts.

Does my 1000D do rated power @ 12.8V? Just wondering, I have more than enough power for my use as it is, just a curiousity thing.

Does my 1000D do rated power @ 12.8V? Just wondering, I have more than enough power for my use as it is, just a curiousity thing.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=9398

Yup.

SAE-1200D Teaser Renderings:

SAE_1200D_Controls_SML.jpg

SAE_1200D_Power_SML.jpg

Added 5mm cooling fins under the face of the amp, similar to the SAX / SAZ heatsink (10mm for these).

This amp will actually replace the SAZ-1500D at the consumer level. It will produce around 1500 watts actual output in a regular vehicle at 1 ohm and the price will be between the current SAE-1000D and SAZ-1500D - VERY competitive. It has great protection - over-current around 1600 watts at 1 ohm (clipping) - so will last a long time. Abuse testing for over a month has shown NO issues with this model even with severe voltage drop.

Other amps will be following to finally fill out the SAE line - including an updated SAE-1000D model (name changed to 800D, but will produce 1000 watts just like the 1000D does now). It will cost LESS than the current SAE-1000D does.

The new SAE amps are not strappable, but do have line-outs to daisy chain - you could also still strap them with an external device such as a Maxx-Link.

Also looking at 50x4 and a 75x2 models... perhaps even an SAE-1600D or SAE-1800D to really give the "consumer level" products some punch.

So, why the SAE line ? They will perform just as well as an SAZ at 1 ohm and 14.4 volts or less - they will not have 1/2 ohm stability or high voltage stability. Most people don't need that and they add cost even for those who will never use their amps in that manner. Those customers that DO want those things will still look to the SAZ line which will be getting a 2000D model and possibly a 5000D model - most SPL guys want larger than the 1500D anyway :)

I think the SAE-800D is going to a freaking steal. Not sure if people will notice, but the ends of the amp in the rendering are different then the current SAE amps.

I think the SAE-800D is going to a freaking steal. Not sure if people will notice, but the ends of the amp in the rendering are different then the current SAE amps.

Yes, they are different from the current 1000D - all of the future SAE amps will match each other, though!

PS: If you can't tell this amp has 5x 30 amp fuses - it does *solid* power.