sick6ness

Future Amplifiers

That should be a good power for a 5-channel. If the SD1v.3 is dual 4 ohm it would be a perfect match. So when are you going to make some sundown components so that i can run all sundown. lol

That should be a good power for a 5-channel. If the SD1v.3 is dual 4 ohm it would be a perfect match. So when are you going to make some sundown components so that i can run all sundown. lol

It's something on the drawing board - I couldn't tell you when.

The PDX-5 is making about 100x4 + 400x1 on the birth sheets i've seen so i'd try to get at least 600-750w on the sub channel to make it worthwhile.

The PDX-5 is making about 100x4 + 400x1 on the birth sheets i've seen so i'd try to get at least 600-750w on the sub channel to make it worthwhile.

I'm shooting for the 500-watt range at the moment - that may change based on prototype results, we'll have to see.

SAE_1200D_Controls_SML.jpg

SAE_1200D_Power_SML.jpg

Bit more information on this guy:

Power Supply Section:

12x TO-220 Case Transistors - rated maximum power dissipation of 2400 watts total

Output Section:

8x TO-3P Case Transistors - rated maximum power dissipation of 2400 watts total

---

So lets just say it is a bit over-built for a 1200-watt amplifier.

But just to re-iterate - it was not made for 1/2 ohm operation, so don't do it. Protection will kick in or fuses will blow. Higher powered parts were chosen for long term reliability purposes.

All you did was tell us package size, what are the actual transistors?

Okay, these are the transistors used:

Outputs:

IXTQ42N25P x 8 pcs (IXYS Brand) - Total dissipation rated 2400 watts for 8 pcs

Power Supply:

IRF3205 x 12 pcs (IRF Brand) - Total dissipation rated 2400 watts for 12 pcs

Outputs:

Power Supply:

Thanks man, the main thing is I am trying to learn amp design and figure I may be able to learn some from the datasheets. I m going to be an EE and possible a CPE afterall, lol.

Outputs:

Power Supply:

Thanks man, the main thing is I am trying to learn amp design and figure I may be able to learn some from the datasheets. I m going to be an EE and possible a CPE afterall, lol.

Sure, no problem :)

The IRF3205 is pretty common in Class-D amps, I know Memphis uses them.

The IXYS parts I have not seen used in other amps before, but seem to perform very well.

Outputs:

Power Supply:

Sure, no problem :)

The IRF3205 is pretty common in Class-D amps, I know Memphis uses them.

The IXYS parts I have not seen used in other amps before, but seem to perform very well.

Looked at the sheets, doesn't help much, lol. I need to get into industry for that I think, lol.

EE here too

or soon to be anyways lol

still not far enough into it either to really understand anything yet lol

EE here too

I did EE in college - they didn't really teach me much about power amplifiers so I didn't finish the program. Too much digital stuff for me... lost interest.

ya i hope i dont loose interest lol

i may go civil if that happens lol

EE here too

I did EE in college - they didn't really teach me much about power amplifiers so I didn't finish the program. Too much digital stuff for me... lost interest.

I just took electronics, it was all FETs, diodes, BJTs and OP Amps, cool stuff I think. I am taking Physical Electronics in the fall, not sure what it entails but I have herd it is hard as hell.

I'm not sure if I will pre-sell them but I'm sure I'll do an intro sale once I get them in and make sure everything is cool - dealing with a new build house so I'm making double sure :)

I have a sample in... compared to earlier we upgraded from the IXYS transistors to 8 pcs of a comparable Fairchild unit with a 25% higher maximum dissipation rating :)

PS: The rest of them are on the water... just got two production samples in to play with until then. Final pricing is pending import duties, etc.

SAE-1200D_Controls.jpg

* Control panel side w/ hi-level inputs and woofer remote input (this remote is not compatible with other remotes)

SAE-1200D_Power.jpg

* Silver colored metal connectors to match other amps. Notice all internal fins are textured with "micro fins", as well as insides of side walls and bottoms of the feet. Very high surface area for heat dissipation!

SAE-1200D_Internals.jpg

* Dual Torroids, large output filter inductor, etc. You can see the substantial transistor banks discussed earlier as well as the healthy sized capacitor banks.

I am estimating that these will be priced just a little over the SAE-1000D model. Of course, exact final cost is TBA :)

Actual output was in the 1500 watt area on the prototype model consistently.

so am I reading this right, these will be available very soon and they are on their way to the country now

so am I reading this right, these will be available very soon and they are on their way to the country now

Yep. I have two production models here right now that I had express shipped to me.

The rest are on the water. Once I get my final cost of import duty, freight, etc I'll set pricing for them.

That's cool, but now you just made the decision making a little harder with more choices. It'll be a little while still I'm ready to buy another amp, so hopefully by then the 1000d will be part of the SAZ line and I can get a Matching 1000D and the 100.4.

sorry, didn't read the whole thread

is that 2 or 1 channel?

if it's a 2 channel, i want one

would be perfect for a front system amp :wub:

edit: read a bit more, and looks like a mono channel

jacob, would it be possible to order a realy special amp from you?

2 sae1000 + 100.4 in one case *dream*

Edited by Biggy