sick6ness

Future Amplifiers

i dont know how much they are in demand , but i know id love to see a nice big three channel from sundown. similar to the dls a5. 2 x 85w @ 4 ohm , 300 x 1 @ 4 or 780 x 1 @ 1 ohm.

that would be great for the people who just want a solid amp to power thier fronts and substage, like myself. lol.

i dont know how much they are in demand , but i know id love to see a nice big three channel from sundown. similar to the dls a5. 2 x 85w @ 4 ohm , 300 x 1 @ 4 or 780 x 1 @ 1 ohm.

that would be great for the people who just want a solid amp to power thier fronts and substage, like myself. lol.

hmmm? :)

Any guestimate of when the sae-800d might be coming out? I have been really tempted to buy an Icon/sae-1000d combo from the shop but if the 800D is going to be cheaper I might just wait. I'm still enjoying the pair of SD-1's that I bought from you but the Icon just looks so tempting.

Don't hold up your install on it - this will be a new model that needs to be developed. The existing 1000D has a good bit of time left on the market.

fixin to ditch my sd v1s

and putting in 2 icons and a 1500 :woot:

hmmm? :)

Or could be combined with a small two-channel from another line, would be a nice little combo for 2-way active :)

Buy the 100.4, run your comps off the front ch's and bridge the rear for the sub. I've seen this done and it works well. The rear ch's of the 100.4 have a subsonic filter for this reason.

How will the dimensions of the 800D compare to the 1000D and the 1200D compare to the 1500D?

How will the dimensions of the 800D compare to the 1000D and the 1200D compare to the 1500D?

The 800D is still in development, so no information is available at this time.

The 1200D is about the same size as the 1500D.

I may have missed it and if I did then sorry. But does the 1200d have a rough date of when it will be sold to the public? Same question on the 250.2?

Sorry if I missed it.

the 250.2 is a long ways away if I understand it right it is pretty much ready to go but its on the back burner cause its a very niche product

I may have missed it and if I did then sorry. But does the 1200d have a rough date of when it will be sold to the public? Same question on the 250.2?

Sorry if I missed it.

loudcav is right, the 250.2 has been delayed substantially.

The SAE-1200D is in production - I estimate around 2 months for availability.

i know i could do the 100.4 with bridged rear channels , but it would be great if sundown put out something similar to the a5 as far as substage power. i know it probably wont happen , but i can always dream, cant i? :shrug:

i know i could do the 100.4 with bridged rear channels , but it would be great if sundown put out something similar to the a5 as far as substage power. i know it probably wont happen , but i can always dream, cant i? :shrug:

What power range is that ?

I want to do a 5-channel in 2009 - it's just not something I can do near term (eg: this year).

A small footprint 5 Channel with 100.4 and 1000d together would be the pimpest thing EVER!

*laughs*

How would a 100.4 and 1000D in the same case be small foot-print ?

Would be huge.

A small footprint 5 Channel with 100.4 and 1000d together would be the pimpest thing EVER!

*laughs*

How would a 100.4 and 1000D in the same case be small foot-print ?

Would be huge.

I meant the same power outputs.

I guess you can be the pimpest ever than.

it would be smaller then the 100.4 and a 1500 lol

that would be sick! 100.4 w/ 1000D :woot:

If that amp existed i would sell both my amps and get that one. Can drive front stage active plus a 15 inch icon sealed. Perfect

How about a 100.4 and a 3000D in the same heatsink? I'd run it in my car for sure. :)

I might sell five a year :)

SAE_1200D_Controls_SML.jpg

SAE_1200D_Power_SML.jpg

Bit more information on this guy:

Power Supply Section:

12x TO-220 Case Transistors - rated maximum power dissipation of 2400 watts total

Output Section:

8x TO-3P Case Transistors - rated maximum power dissipation of 2400 watts total

---

So lets just say it is a bit over-built for a 1200-watt amplifier.

But just to re-iterate - it was not made for 1/2 ohm operation, so don't do it. Protection will kick in or fuses will blow. Higher powered parts were chosen for long term reliability purposes.

the top heatsink looks cool. if thats what it is. i see the fins.

Sure is - just like the new SAZ / SAX heat-sink just with 5mm fins rather than 10mm fins.

I want to do a 5-channel in 2009 - it's just not something I can do near term (eg: this year).

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/DLS_A5/ 780w x 1 @ 1 ohm.

id love to see that 5 channel. you got any specs on that? or is it still on the drawing board.

id love to see that 5 channel. you got any specs on that? or is it still on the drawing board.

I don't think that it's progressed past the concept stage yet. The drawing board follows that...

The 5-channel I have been toying with is 90x4 @ 4 and 500x1 @ 2

Still entirely drawing board.