meade916

New BTL's.....Exclusive pics tonite :D

mmmmmm well i kinda dont like it and yes it seems a little small, i like my old btl cause it looks good huge but then again it should be for the better...so how many watts can the new ona handle??

Same power rating...not changing that anytime soon. People put whatever power they want to put on them anyways.

The sweet thing about this new design is that it doesn't look like all the other big triple stack subwoofers that have been coming out lately.

Ding ding ding :)

Now we're seeing the light ;)

Eh im not liking it... it looks too small and weak, i was going to get some new BTL 15's but Scott or no one is replying to my emails so im taking my business elswehere and im gettin rid of my BTL12's anyone intrested PM me

Wow. Pretty logical idea to buy a sub based on how it looks. Maybe you should sell your Fi's and get some A-bombs. There is a protocol for communication that if you follow you will get a response as well. :( :(

great looking beauty..the magnet looks like a ufo or flying saucer..lol
they do look a little smaller than the other BTLs tho
Why is the magnet so small?
that mag is wider. Fi will eventually tell us why they went to this.

Posted YEARS ago by Dan Wiggins when the Brahma series came out. He said that it would perform just fine with a single magnet slug in the motor but no one would buy it based on his market research because the sub was "too small". From the uninformed comments I quoted, I guess he was correct. He went on to state that the extra slugs just added clearance for excursion while adding very little to the motor's power. The real increase in motor strength comes in larger diameter motors (just like Fi went to). They are getting their extra clearance for excursion via a very deep back plate. Very cool design but a short statement like mine above from someone official needs to go along with the sub to educate the uninformed.

-Robert

Is it me or do the new btl seem to have more room under the cone. Can someone tell me what the term "cowbell" means. I really don't understand all of the talk.

lol

I really don't see anything funny. You could have kept your mouth shut for that much. I do notice a slight difference in the basket.

Is it me or do the new btl seem to have more room under the cone. Can someone tell me what the term "cowbell" means. I really don't understand all of the talk.

lol

I really don't see anything funny. You could have kept your mouth shut for that much. I do notice a slight difference in the basket.

lol your a funny funny BOY... i laugh at FUNNY BOYS..........and you know what you can do with your mouth :o:wackit:

So whats the xMax on these bad lads?

I'm really diggn' the smaller look. They got a sleeper element to them.

You'd have to mount them inverted to get any sort of sleeper effect out of them though! I don't know why people buy subs that look big just because they look big... only the owner is going to know what monsters they really are unless, like I say, they invert them. The cone of a sub with a monstrous motor is going to look to the same to a layperson (when mounted normally) as the cone of a sub with a unique motor like this. Who cares about size! It's the performance that matters.

This sounds like a speech from the president of the small penis association, but you get my point.

Ironically, I forgot that I had a picture of my apx in my avatar - please ignore the contradiction of its motor size and the message I'm trying to get across.

Edited by element

Eh im not liking it... it looks too small and weak, i was going to get some new BTL 15's but Scott or no one is replying to my emails so im taking my business elswehere and im gettin rid of my BTL12's anyone intrested PM me

Wow. Pretty logical idea to buy a sub based on how it looks. Maybe you should sell your Fi's and get some A-bombs. There is a protocol for communication that if you follow you will get a response as well. :( :(

Hmm... well lets see.. if you FULLY read my post you will see it says "Scott or no one is replying to my emails" and therefore i feel that after I already spent about $1,000 on speakers I would at least get the decency of a returned email or something, beings i was going to be ordering some new ones when my questions got answered... but i get nothing in return, worst $1K ever waisted in my life (customer service is supposed to be 100% in my book).. but just like every other high-end company out there, all they care about is the dollar from the consumer

Hmm... well lets see.. if you FULLY read my post you will see it says "Scott or no one is replying to my emails" and therefore i feel that after I already spent about $1,000 on speakers I would at least get the decency of a returned email or something, beings i was going to be ordering some new ones when my questions got answered... but i get nothing in return, worst $1K ever waisted in my life (customer service is supposed to be 100% in my book).. but just like every other high-end company out there, all they care about is the dollar from the consumer

your stupid. fi is SOOOO FUGGGGIIINNN BUSY... its just a few men with a load of work and personal shit to do ..... i run fi... i allways stay calm and wait.... i allways get my emails back........ what kinda work do you do???? i know at my work most time the customer are JERK OFFS

I own a car audio shop in Penrose, Colorado TnT Sounds.. and beings im the only audio shop within 30miles from another one we get the business like no other... I'm sure they are busy but even at my busiest times i still make time to give courtesy calls to my customers.. I'm sure if my name was Steve Meade I would get some excellent customer service

thumper keep in mind fi is not one of those companies that has 75-100 people working for them its just a handful id guess under 5-6 people..plus fi subs arnt sitting on shelves waiting to go out..they are made at the time of the order..and look how many people run fi and with there new sub coming out try to take a minute and think how busy they are..also have you considered maybe they didnt get the email? maybe try sending a pm on here or maybe another email..were all human bro i doubt fi has your name on a board has people to ignore..lol

I own a car audio shop in Penrose, Colorado TnT Sounds.. and beings im the only audio shop within 30miles from another one we get the business like no other... I'm sure they are busy but even at my busiest times i still make time to give courtesy calls to my customers.. I'm sure if my name was Steve Meade I would get some excellent customer service

well i doubt you ever get busy like fi does..and im sure you have more then 5 people working for you..and what your name is has nothing to do with anything..there are alot of people who run fi and dont post..and if you think meade has the end all be all fi system your mistaken..lol some people just like to stay under the radar..

Edited by denalilvr

I have exactly 5 employees 2 floor-managers and 3 instalers, Im sure i dont get busy like Fi because i dont manufacture speakers, however im certain i get busier than Fi on the side of what my work is.. i practically have 3 full months of customers booked and getting complete systems

I have exactly 5 employees 2 floor-managers and 3 instalers, Im sure i dont get busy like Fi because i dont manufacture speakers, however im certain i get busier than Fi on the side of what my work is.. i practically have 3 full months of customers booked and getting complete systems

sounds like im gonna open a shop next door to yours

well personally i think its stupid to want to destroy there subs because you feel you wernt served on hand and foot..

sounds like im gonna open a shop next door to yours

hire me has your manager?

good luck with that my friend i own my shop and the 40acres it sits on and the rest is property of Land and Agriculture and the state wont sell it :D

good luck with that my friend i own my shop and the 40acres it sits on and the rest is property of Land and Agriculture and the state wont sell it :D

lol you really thought i ment next door.... nevermind.