scizzle

NEW LAW!!!! (important read) everyone please

The penalties are a bit steep, but the way you are reacting to this is crazy. You know how many times I have been pulled over for a traffic violation, (which is worse) and have the officer let me off the hook. Do you think the police are really going to in force this law 100% and have to fill out all that paperwork to impound someones vehicle? Respect the officers, when you see them turn it down,and don't sit in one spot listening to music, that's all they want, RESPECT!

Personally I don't think you will have a problem.

Edited by sick6ness

Is the real reason to have a system that is extremely loud really for listening purposes or for attention?

This is not the point it's just the fact of how harsh is that impounding your car C'mon now. You know that a cop having a bad day is totally going to pull someone over who is just listening to their stereo relatively quietly and impound their car and fine them 650$ you can't tell me that's not wrong. Don't go off on on other things cops can do too I am just saying you know this will happen when you give people too much power especially police. (Let me Clarify I have no Issues with policemen.)

you need to vote against it and fight it now before it is a law ............ i live in the dade county and i cant have a pitbull (pitbulls are band by law in dade county) becaus of the same narrow minded style of thinking.............and it will take millions of dollers to change that law now in dade

good point, there are laws in every city, some aren't even known by the police i'm sure just like a load of others aren't even enforced.

Thereis one for this city that says it is ILLEGAL to walk down the street past 7pm with an ice cream cone in your pocket....

Now.... before you start yellin out loud WTF? FT? W?W?W?WTF??

For whatever dumb reason why.... that law had to me made.... honestly... u think a cop is gonna go...

OH chit! An ice cream cone dude! Dispatch... we have an ice cream walker... then slam on his brakes and use force to get you on the ground and EAT YOUR CONE!

There are other laws in cities i pass through when i go on vacation that i havent got cited for yet like making it illegal to have any type of aftermarket tint on your car.

Don't even make me go there. You can search my car if u think i'm some drug smuggler but if you have the least idea of destroying what's in my car to find something that doesn't exist, your ass is grass.

You don't just get let off here in this city which is made up of all old people getting ready to die. There the ones that complain and their the ones paying the city to make stupid laws like this. I totally agree with respect with sound but I think it is just going too far. We already have stupid laws. like you can't catch crabs. We don't need more stupid laws.

u know, u could always move and live somewhere not in the city, just a hair out of the city where your neighbor is 1\4 mile away.

Those types of areas in my experience are filled with mostly people who don't care what goes on because everybody knows each other in a sense.

Is the real reason to have a system that is extremely loud really for listening purposes or for attention?

This is not the point it's just the fact of how harsh is that impounding your car C'mon now. You know that a cop having a bad day is totally going to pull someone over who is just listening to their stereo relatively quietly and impound their car and fine them 650$ you can't tell me that's not wrong. Don't go off on on other things cops can do too I am just saying you know this will happen when you give people too much power especially police. (Let me Clarify I have no Issues with policemen.)

you need to vote against it and fight it now before it is a law ............ i live in the dade county and i cant have a pitbull (pitbulls are band by law in dade county) becaus of the same narrow minded style of thinking.............and it will take millions of dollers to change that law now in dade

That line of thinking comes about for the same reasons. In that case, idiots that owned pit bulls and used them for fighting ruined the breed's name for the responsible owners out there.

In audio, idiots that didn't know or understand that the rest of the world doesn't want to listen to Young Jeezy created this backlash for the rest of the audio community, to the point where mobile audio has a very bad reputation in high-end circles because of the stereotype of the rap-playing teenager with a rattling trunk and tweeters audible for a mile away.

good point, there are laws in every city, some aren't even known by the police i'm sure just like a load of others aren't even enforced.

Thereis one for this city that says it is ILLEGAL to walk down the street past 7pm with an ice cream cone in your pocket....

Now.... before you start yellin out loud WTF? FT? W?W?W?WTF??

For whatever dumb reason why.... that law had to me made.... honestly... u think a cop is gonna go...

OH chit! An ice cream cone dude! Dispatch... we have an ice cream walker... then slam on his brakes and use force to get you on the ground and EAT YOUR CONE!

There are other laws in cities i pass through when i go on vacation that i havent got cited for yet like making it illegal to have any type of aftermarket tint on your car.

Don't even make me go there. You can search my car if u think i'm some drug smuggler but if you have the least idea of destroying what's in my car to find something that doesn't exist, your ass is grass.

[/quot/] ........................................lmao........................................

You don't just get let off here in this city which is made up of all old people getting ready to die. There the ones that complain and their the ones paying the city to make stupid laws like this. I totally agree with respect with sound but I think it is just going too far. We already have stupid laws. like you can't catch crabs. We don't need more stupid laws.

We'll at least they'll be dead soon! :suicide-santa:

I'm glad these laws exist.

The only time I ever blasted and turned the gain up for the subs on a system was outside the nightclubs, when I would just crank sinatra or mavin or some such, then as I left the parking lot, I turned it down because no one needs to hear what I'm hearing. Only did it then because the nigh club was louder outside than I was for damn sure.

I was 17 and did it so that the chicks would look and be like WTF. I grew up

from my experiance all that means is you need to invest in second skin. I Still have more i need to do but i love people not being able to hear me much more then they do

That line of thinking comes about for the same reasons. In that case, idiots that owned pit bulls and used them for fighting ruined the breed's name for the responsible owners out there.

In audio, idiots that didn't know or understand that the rest of the world doesn't want to listen to Young Jeezy created this backlash for the rest of the audio community, to the point where mobile audio has a very bad reputation in high-end circles because of the stereotype of the rap-playing teenager with a rattling trunk and tweeters audible for a mile away.

true in all aspects of your statement ......................but.................the stereotype is the problem here not the kids.....................and he should get all his friends together and fight that law.......................... as far as the pits go the media are the ones to cause that ..... atleast here.........a poodle snapped at a mail man and the media reports 1 pit killed 10 mail men and a baby

.the stereotype is the problem here not the kids....

I can't even begin to list the number of posts where I've seen the "turn it up to drown out the guy next to you at the stoplight" attitude, even from people who should be old enough to know better. With that kind of behavior, it's no surprise that the public at large has such a negative impression of the entire hobby.

the simple salutation is MOVE, away from the RETARDS, in Dallas TX they dont even enforce the law unless they suspect your doing dope.

We'll at least they'll be dead soon! :suicide-santa:

Lol best quote of this whole thread.

But it's a law like this that will guarantee to get results. One person gets a vehicle impounded, it is bound to make an impression on everyone else who drives around wanging.

But I see peoples opposition. It's a very strict penalty for a very minor "crime", and police and the city officials are using their power to an extreme. I personally think that people should be respectful with their stereos and that police officers should worry more about real criminals rather than a few kids who don't know any better.

And that's about all i have to say :)

I can't even begin to list the number of posts where I've seen the "turn it up to drown out the guy next to you at the stoplight" attitude, even from people who should be old enough to know better. With that kind of behavior, it's no surprise that the public at large has such a negative impression of the entire hobby.

but feel free to walk around holding your crotch with yer pants sagging to yer knees, in front of my daughter

and thump the cigarette's out the window into the street !!! no laws against that crapp

as long as people do that stuff ill continue to BLAST my music as LOUD as the subs can take without melting the coil...

Lol best quote of this whole thread.

But it's a law like this that will guarantee to get results. One person gets a vehicle impounded, it is bound to make an impression on everyone else who drives around wanging.

But I see peoples opposition. It's a very strict penalty for a very minor "crime", and police and the city officials are using their power to an extreme. I personally think that people should be respectful with their stereos and that police officers should worry more about real criminals rather than a few kids who don't know any better.

And that's about all i have to say :)

From my experience (and I'm sure most will agree), only the people that want the attention will get it... in this case, it will cost you. Police won't take the time of day to enforce these types of laws unless you draw the attention to yourself, and at that point, you deserve it.

There is a time & a place for everything, want to "wang"? There is a reason there is competitions.

I understand your point ..but..everyone in this hobby is a kid to some degree...........other wise you wouldnt spend 10 grand on an spl,street beater or sq set up.................and mybe if we would try to teach some of the public at large..(including some in the hobby)..that there is a positve side to car audio and not just that 10% that act like little kids at the stop light......because if we dont...................today its to loud and tomorrow they dont like the music you play(young jeeze,ect. ect.) when will it stop................................stereotyping is done by stupid ignorent people..............thats why they need to fight that law its pure stereotyping..........Im sure you could show a few post that say that but those post are but to few and far between

Lights, residentials, and commercial from 9-7 m-f its down. Slow or stopped traffic as well. Other than that its where ?i want it.

Bass down unless out on the open road

Let me say- I hate hate hate hearing people early in the morning or late at night riding down the road. It's simply not polite. I'd also hate to damage my daughters hearing to prove a point.

I may have a huge system in my car, and while it's far from sq, I understand when is a good time to play it loud:

competitions

car audio shops (when giving demos etc, not pulling in or out >:|)

in the middle of no where during sunlight hours after noon

on a big highway while moving 55mph+ during sunlight hours after noon

When I'm in traffic if it's nice enough to have the window down I would bet the guy beside me doesn't hear more than a whisper of what I'm listening to with their window down. If my window is up 99.99% of the time I doubt they'd hear a thing.

I'm considerate enough to turn it down in residential neighborhoods, and at lights. During the middle of the day on major highways and in the boonies you aren't bothering others so it's okay imo, but you wont get a ticket if you're playing it responsibly.

If you are responsible and considerate, you wont get a ticket- simple as that. It does come to a point where dirty cops might just look in your vehicle and say "he COULD play it loud, better fine them".

I hate having big government step in.

Edited by tejcurrent

It'd be nice to have a law like that here in Atlanta. I'd prefer for it to have hours of operation though. Like 10pm to 10am, you can get a ticket for it. I hate being in bed at night with some idiot either coming in or going out of my apartment complex BLASTING there stereo. Most of them sound like ass, but there are a couple that will shake the entire complex.

Sounds like a good law to me.

I'm all for personal freedoms, but they're privileges, not rights. Abuse them, and away they go.

Hours of Operation would be nice. Half of the problem is people who blast their systems while sitting in traffic and annoying everyone - including the police officer. Where's the respect?

25feet is crazy, especially when it says that the cop only has to hear it ...

Adrian

It'd be nice to have a law like that here in Atlanta. I'd prefer for it to have hours of operation though. Like 10pm to 10am, you can get a ticket for it. I hate being in bed at night with some idiot either coming in or going out of my apartment complex BLASTING there stereo. Most of them sound like ass, but there are a couple that will shake the entire complex.

I think that would make for a much more reasonable law. I can't tell you how much I hated siting beside my fathers death bed, talking to him, trying to understand what he was trying to say, then suddenly some arseho comes riding down the street at 9pm blasting his stereo. It really bothered him, and if you're the ignorant person who says good they'll be dead soon, I hope karma bites your ass hard.

I understand your point ..but..everyone in this hobby is a kid to some degree...........other wise you wouldnt spend 10 grand on an spl,street beater or sq set up.................and mybe if we would try to teach some of the public at large..(including some in the hobby)..that there is a positve side to car audio and not just that 10% that act like little kids at the stop light......because if we dont...................today its to loud and tomorrow they dont like the music you play(young jeeze,ect. ect.) when will it stop................................stereotyping is done by stupid ignorent people..............thats why they need to fight that law its pure stereotyping..........Im sure you could show a few post that say that but those post are but to few and far between

Umm, not a kid at all. Some of us just like music. Not sure where the hell that came from.

Also, stop typing in huge ellipses it is really annoying.