scizzle

NEW LAW!!!! (important read) everyone please

It'd be nice to have a law like that here in Atlanta. I'd prefer for it to have hours of operation though. Like 10pm to 10am, you can get a ticket for it. I hate being in bed at night with some idiot either coming in or going out of my apartment complex BLASTING there stereo. Most of them sound like ass, but there are a couple that will shake the entire complex.

I think that would make for a much more reasonable law. I can't tell you how much I hated siting beside my fathers death bed, talking to him, trying to understand what he was trying to say, then suddenly some arseho comes riding down the street at 9pm blasting his stereo. It really bothered him, and if you're the ignorant person who says good they'll be dead soon, I hope karma bites your ass hard.

Tej,

Sorry to hear of your father's passing. And honestly I could not agree more.

J

thats bullchit the law should then be, if you can HEAR a car from over 25 feet away for ANY REASON other then to avoid an accident it should be impounded plain and simple law's are not made to single out certain types of people

Personally, I think it's bullshit. Yes, we should all listen to our music responsibly, but this is over the edge. It's just another way to control the people, and it's prejudice. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud, but you never see a cop pulling a Harley over for this. You can bet they'll impound your car for loud music, but they won't impound the loud-ass V-twin next to them making twice the noise. They won't impound a vehicle with no muffler for excessive noise either. It's just more bureaucratic bullshit.

I guess you guys are all glad you don't live near me. In Troy NY they impound your car and a 250$ fine for the first offense, second offense is impounding, 500$ and they take your "system"...

Idk about you, but I have had cars in the 140dB range that when set up for daily you couldn't hear from 25 feet away even if I turned the volume up. Not only is it annoying for other drivers but having music up that loud is reckless, can cause accidents and even deaths. One time I was coming home from a SPL comp and I was playing around, I had a cop car that was following me for over a mile with his lights and sirens on trying to get me to move out of the way so he could respond to a call.

You tell me is it worth it to go to jail for evading arrest just because you were listening to your system? Is it worth it to not be able to hear other peopls car horns or emergency services sirens. My point is once your system is clearly audible from 25 feet you ARE too loud. Have you ever sat in a mustang with a shaker 1000 system and cranked the volume? do you notice that you can still hear things around you. The entire reason why car companies are trying to make it harder for us to put in our own systems is to promote vehicle safety, not for us to spend over a thousand dollars or more on their entertainment package.

i think 25 feet is not far enough..factory radios can be heard further then that..but i understand why the law has come to be..here by me i get punks from 10pm to 3 am comming thru pounding like they are in a contest..then they park in front of my house sitting in the car talking for 20 minutes and pounding..

The entire reason why car companies are trying to make it harder for us to put in our own systems is to promote vehicle safety, not for us to spend over a thousand dollars or more on their entertainment package.
I would argue the increased use of telematics is actually more unsafe, but that could be a whole thread by itself :)
law's are not made to single out certain types of people

What type of person is being targeted by this law? :)

I don't feel the need to roll down the windows & let it blast... my music is for my enjoyment, not the annoyance of others.

I feel the same way every time someone blows smoke out there window and i have to smell it...

So how come there aren't any laws against that..

I guess my sense of smell isn't as important as someone sense of hearing?

The entire reason why car companies are trying to make it harder for us to put in our own systems is to promote vehicle safety, not for us to spend over a thousand dollars or more on their entertainment package.
I would argue the increased use of telematics is actually more unsafe, but that could be a whole thread by itself :)

I totally agree, but you do agree that blasting your stereo is unsafe, period. I understand its not the same as getting drunk or high but you are IMPAIRING your ability to drive. When you can't see what's behind you because your mirrors are vibrating and you can't hear what's around you. You just eliminated your driving aids.

Personally, I think it's bullchit. Yes, we should all listen to our music responsibly, but this is over the edge. It's just another way to control the people, and it's prejudice. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud, but you never see a cop pulling a Harley over for this. You can bet they'll impound your car for loud music, but they won't impound the loud-ass V-twin next to them making twice the noise. They won't impound a vehicle with no muffler for excessive noise either. It's just more bureaucratic bullchit.

I guess you guys are all glad you don't live near me. In Troy NY they impound your car and a 250$ fine for the first offense, second offense is impounding, 500$ and they take your "system"...

Idk about you, but I have had cars in the 140dB range that when set up for daily you couldn't hear from 25 feet away even if I turned the volume up. Not only is it annoying for other drivers but having music up that loud is reckless, can cause accidents and even deaths. One time I was coming home from a SPL comp and I was playing around, I had a cop car that was following me for over a mile with his lights and sirens on trying to get me to move out of the way so he could respond to a call.

You tell me is it worth it to go to jail for evading arrest just because you were listening to your system? Is it worth it to not be able to hear other peopls car horns or emergency services sirens. My point is once your system is clearly audible from 25 feet you ARE too loud. Have you ever sat in a mustang with a shaker 1000 system and cranked the volume? do you notice that you can still hear things around you. The entire reason why car companies are trying to make it harder for us to put in our own systems is to promote vehicle safety, not for us to spend over a thousand dollars or more on their entertainment package.

No reason you shouldn't have seen the cop behind you...

I guess I was taught how to drive totally different than you..

one danger i do know of when your blasting your system hard is you cant hear police cars or ambulances or fire trucks..but others in front of you can so they stop but your not expecting it and you have to slam on your brakes to keep from hitting them because all your seeing is green light..and i wont lie i have been a victim of this when i was in my teens...

What type of person is being targeted by this law? :)

Sadly the young black males in my city. How horrible is our city that we are not only stereotypical but Racist. (Don't go off on me the news actually stated this, and they didn't agree with this law either so maybe we'll get lucky and it won't pass.) Maybe "somebody" or should I say people group should get rid of this whole idea and create this huge ordeal than at least it would take a few years. LOL

Personally, I think it's bullchit. Yes, we should all listen to our music responsibly, but this is over the edge. It's just another way to control the people, and it's prejudice. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud, but you never see a cop pulling a Harley over for this. You can bet they'll impound your car for loud music, but they won't impound the loud-ass V-twin next to them making twice the noise. They won't impound a vehicle with no muffler for excessive noise either. It's just more bureaucratic bullchit.

No reason you shouldn't have seen the cop behind you...

I guess I was taught how to drive totally different than you..

Have you ever tried to use your mirrors with over 140db of noise in your car. They are utterly useless. (also didn't have a rear view mirror b/c it had broken off at the competition and shattered). I didn't get arrested, I was making a point with that sentence. I don't know about how you drive, but the general routine is checking your mirrors every 30 seconds.

We are not here to critique the fact that I was being an ignorant 20 year old kid who was so wrapped up in my system and the songs that were playing that I was just keeping my eyes on the road in front of me.

The kind of attitude you just posted was a blatant attempt to slander me and ignore my point. Forgive me for fitting into the "stereotype here." Forgive me for driving like the majority of the kids that shouldn't have a liscence in this country. Forgive me b/c when checking my mirrors (mind you it was daytime) I mis-took the red and blue blurbs a car because that is all they were.

EXCUSE ME for making a mistake once in my life. Now lets get back to the point, systems in a car when played excessively loud are unsafe and can be a major distraction.

FYI for whoever posted it there was a city that was trying to get a law against sagging pants below a certain point. Never herd much more of it thou. Im unsubcribing from this thread (hopefully i can) because this is nonsense. IMO the 2 extremes are both retarted and something in the middle would be the most acceptable

Pertaining to the topic at hand, and the obvious........

I'm consistantly amazed at the rate in which stupidity and in-consideration perpetuates from one generation to the next........

How hard is it really to turn the damn system down????

-z

I would move to Ocala if I were you hehe......In FLA you can't get a ticket for illegal tint unless the cop has a tint meter showing the pecentage of light that can pass through. I vote that cops who can give tickets should be armed w/ a Term Lab and the law should be something like 110 Db from there measuring point. This would give you a chance to turn it down at least. Someone will get busted when it was the car next to them. Someone will get busted for a stock stereo @ 25'.... (It's Florida come on vacation leave on probation!!!)

Now I understand respect at lights, residential, businesses, etc. etc. but what happened to the good ole days of cruising to a FLA beach on the highway with the top or windows down and jammin your favorite dance tune at 2-o-clock in the afternoon? I am from Tampa and have never had a stereo violation. (knocking on paper......since it came from wood) I also was immature and wanting attention and jammed 34 10s in my Daily Driver all day every day. Again NO VIOLATIONS EVER!!! (knocking again........seriously!)

A FLA cop WILL bust some kids one day for whatever reason with a stock stereo. Nothing against cops at all, but what happens when a cop, who might have a chip on his shoulder one day for having an argument or potentially a break-up w/ his GFriend or even wifey, sees some kids who may or may not be the same color as him, driving a car he could never afford or his parents could or would have never loaned him like a Jag, Porsche, or Hummer, having fun, driving down the highway, with the windows down, right after the cop left Krispy Kreme only to be even more pissed off cuz his coffee tastes like chit and they were out of his favorite......Bavarian Cream, Chocolate covered Glazed, or just cuz the dammn HOT SIGN wasn't on!!! (If you have ever had a fresh hot Krispy Kreme doughnut you'd understand).

Just like a cop can't give you a speeding ticket w/o a calibrated radar gun with papers showing calibration.......I am serious about the cops having Term Labs. Then at least you can get a reading. I agree there has to be some law but this one is ridiculous!!!

And again what happens when the cop pulls over the wrong car? Sometimes its hard to tell where Extreme Bass is coming from. What if there are 2 systems in the area? I feel for the guy who had the unfortunate event with the his passing of his father (Myheartfelt condolences to you and your family) and maintain there should be a law but maybe something more reasonable with some type of measured reading isn't really asking to much IMHO. People can learn what is and what isn't acceptable w/o a $800 lesson after fines and impound fees. Anything audible at 25' is just ridiculous and I am stunned at how many people are cool with the way the law is being layed in Sarasota. Someone should pass a law on the rip off at the gas pumps instead and fight a real crime. not the bros with Alpha, Eminence obnoxious midranges playing at the club w/ no residential areas in sight.

Just my opinion. Now that I'm grown up I myself am very responsible. Nobody in my town even knows I have a "BIG" stereo. I only take my stereo vehicl to shows where it is okay. My daily today has only the left channel working hehe (not a joke) and honestly I just listen to ESPN radio on it.

Whoever said it impairs driving should have just posted nothing at all...

A STOCK stereo gets so loud that you cannot hear sirens so something louder is a given.

It should be known to yourself that you will not be able to hear so what do you do.... you are suppose to constantly view your surroundings.

Even when my stereo isn't even on, i'm constantly checkin side and rear view mirrors.

Whoever said it impairs driving should have just posted nothing at all...

A STOCK stereo gets so loud that you cannot hear sirens so something louder is a given.

It should be known to yourself that you will not be able to hear so what do you do.... you are suppose to constantly view your surroundings.

Even when my stereo isn't even on, i'm constantly checkin side and rear view mirrors.

I didn't know factory systems were louder than 120 dB which iirc is about how loud a police/ambulance/fire truck sirens and horns are from 10-20 feet away.

If you have an issue with anything I posted you can PM me. I made a point of proving why things like car mirrors are useless when you are going full tilt with your system. WE ARE NOT HERE TO QUESTION my driving ability, I have 0 accidents, 0 collisions. I was just pointing out that the law is more than just stereotyping, or discriminating. I don't ever list statistics but I bet if you called an insurance agency and asked what the most common causes of accidents are among 16-24 year olds it will be something along the lines of distractions.

Oh and if you bothered to read my opening statement I also showed that laws like the one mentioned are in effect and even more strictly depending on where you live.

I didn't know factory systems were louder than 120 dB which iirc is about how loud a police/ambulance/fire truck sirens and horns are from 10-20 feet away.

I don't ever list statistics

Those 2 sentences look funny next to each other huh!

Audioneon my girlfiends neon handles well so I'm sure yours does too and you are an excellent driver but consider this. Stock system blaring metallica, windows up, AC on, and singing the words to ONE out loud. You could miss an ambulance siren and if you are waiting till its 10-20 feet away haven't you already become a statistic. (Another doofus that didn't get outta the way during a code 3? ) hehe all in good fun.......Please drive safe today! Later bro

I have never not heard a siren in either my sq car which was fully sound deadened or my stock system neon. I have only missed hearing one siren, and it was in my 140+ dB spl car.

im curious as to how loud the music has to be at 25 feet, because i know the "25ft law" here in FL, but I can have my volume on 1 and still be able to hear my speakers (NO bass) from 25 feet. It is very faint, but I can still "hear" music.

Edited by 01 S 10

Real mature.

G@dd@m Skippy buddy !!!

people think what im doing is bothering them ???

let me pull my pants down in front of your lil girl & wife wile your eating dinner somewhere !!! theres NO LAW says i cant... and they cant even wright me a ticket...

yall pissme@ff with that TURN IT DOWN CR@PP /// bunch of misguided p@nzzies... i bother you /// but Sagging pants & cigreet somkers DO NOT ??? AMAZING

I'm consistantly amazed at the rate in which stupidity and in-consideration perpetuates from one generation to the next........

-z

BITE ME !!!

get a life please... i saw em on sale @ walmart buy 1 get 1 free !!!

Real mature.

G@dd@m Skippy buddy !!!

let me pull my pants down in front of your lil girl & wife wile your eating dinner somewhere !!! theres NO LAW says i cant... and they cant even wright me a ticket...

yall pissme@ff with that TURN IT DOWN CR@PP /// bunch of misguided p@nzzies... i bother you /// but Sagging pants & cigreet somkers DO NOT ??? AMAZING

Glad to know the education systems down there work. If someone pulls down their pants, it is called indecent exposure. Been a law for that for a very long time.

Glad to know the education systems down there work.

After the rest of the country realized they can't make little holes in pieces of paper to decide the leader of the free world, I think we're ready to give Florida back to Spain.

:)

Texas can just go back to being a republic again...

-z

BITE ME !!!

get a life please... i saw em on sale @ walmart buy 1 get 1 free !!!

And here is the answer to the "who is this law targeting" question I had posed earlier :)

Real mature.

G@dd@m Skippy buddy !!!

Glad to know the education systems down there work. If someone pulls down their pants, it is called indecent exposure. Been a law for that for a very long time.

NOT IN Texas cops can do NOTHING...

but if they hear my stereo any louder than im talking and they lose their freeking minds...

act like someone robbed a bank...

GREAT set of Priority's there !!! @sscl@wns