scizzle

NEW LAW!!!! (important read) everyone please

There is a time & a place for everything, want to "wang"? There is a reason there is competitions.

Correct !

Real mature.

G@dd@m Skippy buddy !!!

people think what im doing is bothering them ???

let me pull my pants down in front of your lil girl & wife wile your eating dinner somewhere !!! theres NO LAW says i cant... and they cant even wright me a ticket...

yall pissme@ff with that TURN IT DOWN CR@PP /// bunch of misguided p@nzzies... i bother you /// but Sagging pants & cigreet somkers DO NOT ??? AMAZING

I wonder what would you do if I showed up in front of your family with a pair of old, dirty, oily overalls ?

Pertaining to the topic at hand, and the obvious........

I'm consistantly amazed at the rate in which stupidity and in-consideration perpetuates from one generation to the next........

How hard is it really to turn the damn system down????

-z

BITE ME !!!

get a life please... i saw em on sale @ walmart buy 1 get 1 free !!!

That's a bit of overreaction...

but feel free to walk around holding your crotch with yer pants sagging to yer knees, in front of my daughter

and thump the cigarette's out the window into the street !!! no laws against that crapp

as long as people do that stuff ill continue to BLAST my music as LOUD as the subs can take without melting the coil...

1. There are bills right now up for vote in several localities wanting to ban saggy pants . Schools in my area have just passed dress code restrictions on saggy , baggy , or what ever you want to call walking around with your ass hanging out of your pants.

2. There is a law in the communist wealth against flicking a cigarette butt out of the window. It is punishable with a $250 fine

Your logic is kind of screwy man. And I will leave it at that :)

Pertaining to the topic at hand, and the obvious........

I'm consistantly amazed at the rate in which stupidity and in-consideration perpetuates from one generation to the next........

How hard is it really to turn the damn system down????

-z

BITE ME !!!

get a life please... i saw em on sale @ walmart buy 1 get 1 free !!!

You know I'm getting about as tired of hearing your corny ass joke ( it's the same damn one over and over ) as I am of seeing your hooters slut pics. Have some respect for some people. You piss and moan all the time about people dissing you. You ever think you bring it on yourself ? Respect is like a paycheck my man............................ You got to earn it :)

a wise man once said, "you ant breaking the law if you dont get caught."

heres some more words to live by from another thread.

'With great power comes great responsibility"

~theabunai

Ok, wow. Hot topics on SSA this week. I don't want to lock this topic, so lets find a common ground.

Let me put it this way, if Zane comes out of hibernation to post, then something is going on.

To LB, try not to be so defensive or lash out. All people are trying to say is just be respectful of others around you, regardless of the authority of police giving a ticket or not. Trust me, I am guilty of blaring my system and getting in trouble. I was 19 and 4 Vega 12's on an old ZED built US Acoustics got RFL in the ole' mocha monster. And in Ocean City MD right after a large car show, police where out and I got a ticket because they could hear my system 50 feet away.

I had to go to court and pay a fine. That was enough for me not to do it again. In addition I feel bad that I was not respectful of the people there on vacation. Just because I lived there did not mean I could abuse my freedoms of upgrading my stereo.

To get to the point, these laws would not be in place with out people abusing the privilege (to use Tom's word). So if everyone would just enjoy their music at levels that is not infringing on others then all will be well. But yes, this is a great sales tool for Anthony to move some more Damplifer and Overkill. ;)

whoops duplicate post. :Doh:

heres some more words to live by from another thread.

Hey I found some too.

Behave and be nice or I'll ban your ass for good.

Respect is like a paycheck my man............................ You got to earn it :)

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!!!

And Aaron, way to sum it man.

J

Respect is like a paycheck my man............................ You got to earn it :)

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!!!

And Aaron, way to sum it man.

J

:drink40: I am the topic KILLER. :tehe:

To whomever said 25 feet is a fairly long distance away, I promise you it is not.

I even know people who have been ticketed for this with complete bone-stock audio system of their cars! It's amazingly easy, actually. Take 25 steps away from you car and see if you can hear your music at normal listening levels. Especially with the florida heat and a broken air conditioner...

I hate hearing other peoples nasty music so on this side I agree with the law. I just think it's quite a bit too harsh, it's unreasonable and gives cops way too much power. They're no longer looking out for the publics best interest, they're just inventing new ways to make it legal for a cop to pull you over for another BS reason.

I don't feel the need to roll down the windows & let it blast...

Your not understanding, your windows don't have to be down. If they hear bass emitting from your car your car it is impounded. windows rolled up you still get your car taken.

To add to this, I also heard that someone can claim they heard your car.. call the police, and they can impound your car based on what the caller told them.... Not sure of all the specs... im sure there are loopholes, but that's what I heard

Have you ever sat in a mustang with a shaker 1000 system and cranked the volume? do you notice that you can still hear things around you. The entire reason why car companies are trying to make it harder for us to put in our own systems is to promote vehicle safety, not for us to spend over a thousand dollars or more on their entertainment package.

I have sat and listened to the Shaker 1000 and can hear nothing around me unless the windows were down. In fact, both of mine with the stock Mach460 cranked will drown out sirens unless they're a couple vehicles away, so I will have to disagree with you here.

In respects to auto makers and audio system safety, Scott, really, they just want the money. If safety was their intent, we would still be in the single 6x9 AM/FM tuner only days with 5 watts of power, and it would automatically mute when emeregency vehicles were nearby. Automakers won't do anything they don't have to, and there is no government crash test that involves stereo volume that they have to comply with, so they won't even think about it.

Real mature.

G@dd@m Skippy buddy !!!

people think what im doing is bothering them ???

let me pull my pants down in front of your lil girl & wife wile your eating dinner somewhere !!! theres NO LAW says i cant... and they cant even wright me a ticket...

yall pissme@ff with that TURN IT DOWN CR@PP /// bunch of misguided p@nzzies... i bother you /// but Sagging pants & cigreet somkers DO NOT ??? AMAZING

It's called indecent exposure and you can be ticketed or arrested for it, so yeah. . . And your "eye for an eye" mindset is so off base, but I understand where you are coming from with this. You are just going about it improperly.

This is a great discussion so far.

I've been guilty of this in my teenage years, and it annoys me now. I don't mind people cruising by and bumping, but when they're sitting at a damn stoplight, your brain just has to function sometime here.

Hey Audio neon, i think i typed that out wrong and u got the wrong impression.

I'm not pointing what you said as stupid as in you are stupid.

What i am saying about whoever posted loud stereos impair drivers is this-

(i know i didnt say this but i was half awake anyway, hehe)

I was young once... maybe even twice, i cant remember.

Anyways, when i first started driving, there were times that i had close calls because i wasn't as experienced as i am now with driving and knowing my surroundings.

These kids that just started driving for the first 3 yrs go out and get stereo systems but that is not what actually distracts them.

What i am saying is, even if the stereo was doin 150s in the vehicle, it's no different of a distraction than listening to a stock stereo.

If you can hear anything coming out of the speakers, it's a distraction in a sense so if they like it, they'll sing to it in their head which then... there goes their alertness.

A phone, someone in the car, something funny on the side of the road, any of those things are just as bad if not worse than a loud stereo to someone who just started driving.

Point being is it's not what they have, it's them period.

They have no experience to add something else to their vehicle that needs control too.

People, like me, who know how to drive properly is not zoned out when music is goin in the car.

you mentioned phone, here in illinois if your caught driving while talking on your cell phone your pulled over..ticketed no questions asked..

Edited by denalilvr

you mentioned phone, here in illinois if your caught driving while talking on your cell phone your pulled over..ticketed no questions asked..

i wish every state had that law, would cut down on traffic congestion big time as well as traffic accidents.

anyway, i welcome the law however the impounding is a little extreme but ticket the f***ers to the hill till thier wallet teaches them to respect others

here in louisville, it's cheaper to get pulled over for speeding at any speed even as high as 25 over compared to your 1st offense of noise violation.

Traffic tickets here are only $2 per 1mph over the limit(25mph =$50) plus court costs which i think is between $124-$140.

i wish every state had that law, would cut down on traffic congestion big time as well as traffic accidents.

anyway, i welcome the law however the impounding is a little extreme but ticket the f***ers to the hill till thier wallet teaches them to respect others

NY has the cell phone laws too, as well as text messaging fines as well. (working on that part atleast)

NY has the cell phone laws too, as well as text messaging fines as well. (working on that part atleast)

That should be a nationwide law.

That should be a nationwide law.

ummm, i live in illinois and do that quite a bit. never been pulled over. it's not smart, and i know it, but i do it. and yeah, i agree it should be nationwide. and if i get pulled over for it, i won't bitch. it'll be my own fault.

to the OP, i do agree that it shouldn't be "heard 25ft" away, that it should indeed be metered and a definitive db level would have to be reached. otherwise, who's to say it not just some cop picking on you. and like previously mentioned, if you are given a speeding ticket and the gun isn't calibrated, out goes the ticket. again,. they should have to prove you were a very specific level of loud. i'd wager one could beat the ticket in court. no real proof= reasonable doubt. reasonable doubt= no trouble.

and ryan1, lay off the harley's, lol. no msutang sounds anywhere as good as my pig does! but to be honest, you are correct. it's a definite bias, and while i'm on the harley side of it, i don't agree with it. i just recently put the baffles back into my python slip ons due to how loud the scoot was without them. annoyed me as i was riding, that's how loud it was for me. i can only imagine what other people felt.

as far as driving goes and not hearing sirens, i believe it was steve who had a quote in his sig about that. something to due with the fact that a deaf person can get a license, so why does it matter if you can hear them (the sirens) or not?

and LB, don't tug on superman's cape bro. you are ticking off people who have long fuses, you had better tone it down.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

as far as driving goes and not hearing sirens, i believe it was steve who had a quote in his sig about that. something to due with the fact that a deaf person can get a license, so why does it matter if you can hear them (the sirens) or not?

After sitting in something like Nick's truck at full volume, there is definitely a difference between pure silence and the kind of pressure differential you'd get in one of these walled-off "daily drivers" :D