scizzle

NEW LAW!!!! (important read) everyone please

as far as driving goes and not hearing sirens, i believe it was steve who had a quote in his sig about that. something to due with the fact that a deaf person can get a license, so why does it matter if you can hear them (the sirens) or not?

After sitting in something like Nick's truck at full volume, there is definitely a difference between pure silence and the kind of pressure differential you'd get in one of these walled-off "daily drivers" :D

lol, true that. and i believe it's because of deaf people, or loud music, some police forces are actually using sub sonic frequencies to let you know they are behind you. it's like a 20-25hz note at 120db (or something like that) directed straight at you. you feel them behind you, deaf or not.

i'll have to find a link, but there is video of it up somewhere, probably youtube.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

We already have stupid laws. like you can't catch crabs. We don't need more stupid laws.

ummm, when i was growing up, we didn't need a law to tell us to not catch crabs. and if the bitch did have crabs.....

sorry, i just couldn't let that slide. :drink40:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Real mature.

G@dd@m Skippy buddy !!!

people think what im doing is bothering them ???

let me pull my pants down in front of your lil girl & wife wile your eating dinner somewhere !!! theres NO LAW says i cant... and they cant even wright me a ticket...

yall pissme@ff with that TURN IT DOWN CR@PP /// bunch of misguided p@nzzies... i bother you /// but Sagging pants & cigreet somkers DO NOT ??? AMAZING

It's called indecent exposure and you can be ticketed or arrested for it, so yeah. . . And your "eye for an eye" mindset is so off base, but I understand where you are coming from with this. You are just going about it improperly.

Never seen anyone with saggy ass pants get ticketed before...

BITE ME !!!

get a life please... i saw em on sale @ walmart buy 1 get 1 free !!!

God, I don't even have to try anymore to re-affirm that my prior statements are indeed true..................................

What I'm really amazed at is how eager you were to point this out!

Hang out a while, I'll turn you from the dark side of the force!

Kent. the Harley instance was used to prove a point. While the majority of the V-twin guys are responsible, there are other who abuse their "noise," and they are the ones who put the stereotype on the Harley guys. I do find it funny though how every time I come across a Harley at a light, they have to sit there and rev the bike. I just don't get that. And some of them are just downright nasty when they come screaming by you with the windows down. I've had my ears popped a couple times.

Personally, I think it's bullchit. Yes, we should all listen to our music responsibly, but this is over the edge. It's just another way to control the people, and it's prejudice. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over for my exhaust being too loud, but you never see a cop pulling a Harley over for this. You can bet they'll impound your car for loud music, but they won't impound the loud-ass V-twin next to them making twice the noise. They won't impound a vehicle with no muffler for excessive noise either. It's just more bureaucratic bullchit.

I guess you guys are all glad you don't live near me. In Troy NY they impound your car and a 250$ fine for the first offense, second offense is impounding, 500$ and they take your "system"...

Idk about you, but I have had cars in the 140dB range that when set up for daily you couldn't hear from 25 feet away even if I turned the volume up. Not only is it annoying for other drivers but having music up that loud is reckless, can cause accidents and even deaths. One time I was coming home from a SPL comp and I was playing around, I had a cop car that was following me for over a mile with his lights and sirens on trying to get me to move out of the way so he could respond to a call.

You tell me is it worth it to go to jail for evading arrest just because you were listening to your system? Is it worth it to not be able to hear other peopls car horns or emergency services sirens. My point is once your system is clearly audible from 25 feet you ARE too loud. Have you ever sat in a mustang with a shaker 1000 system and cranked the volume? do you notice that you can still hear things around you. The entire reason why car companies are trying to make it harder for us to put in our own systems is to promote vehicle safety, not for us to spend over a thousand dollars or more on their entertainment package.

No reason you shouldn't have seen the cop behind you...

I guess I was taught how to drive totally different than you..

Have you ever tried to use your mirrors with over 140db of noise in your car. They are utterly useless. (also didn't have a rear view mirror b/c it had broken off at the competition and shattered). I didn't get arrested, I was making a point with that sentence. I don't know about how you drive, but the general routine is checking your mirrors every 30 seconds.

We are not here to critique the fact that I was being an ignorant 20 year old kid who was so wrapped up in my system and the songs that were playing that I was just keeping my eyes on the road in front of me.

The kind of attitude you just posted was a blatant attempt to slander me and ignore my point. Forgive me for fitting into the "stereotype here." Forgive me for driving like the majority of the kids that shouldn't have a liscence in this country. Forgive me b/c when checking my mirrors (mind you it was daytime) I mis-took the red and blue blurbs a car because that is all they were.

EXCUSE ME for making a mistake once in my life. Now lets get back to the point, systems in a car when played excessively loud are unsafe and can be a major distraction.

You took it the wrong way buddy...

I was simply saying that I learned how to drive more efficient with my side view mirrors since my rear view tilts down and looks completely at the floor while im playing my music full tilt..

So needless to say I can see behind me and on both sides of me..

:drink40:

.the stereotype is the problem here not the kids....

I can't even begin to list the number of posts where I've seen the "turn it up to drown out the guy next to you at the stoplight" attitude, even from people who should be old enough to know better. With that kind of behavior, it's no surprise that the public at large has such a negative impression of the entire hobby.

I understand your point ..but..everyone in this hobby is a kid to some degree...........other wise you wouldnt spend 10 grand on an spl,street beater or sq set up.................and mybe if we would try to teach some of the public at large..(including some in the hobby)..that there is a positve side to car audio and not just that 10% that act like little kids at the stop light......because if we dont...................today its to loud and tomorrow they dont like the music you play(young jeeze,ect. ect.) when will it stop................................stereotyping is done by stupid ignorent people..............thats why they need to fight that law its pure stereotyping..........Im sure you could show a few post that say that but those post are but to few and far between

Umm, not a kid at all. Some of us just like music. Not sure where the hell that came from.

Also, stop typing in huge ellipses it is really annoying.

look M5 if that statement hit a nerve you might want to look into that ............that statement was not directed at you, and blowing thousands of dollars on anything that has no return is childish(Im guilty of it).....thats why its called a hobby.....and my typing well it is what it is.........sorry if you find it really annoying......................ok back to the main subject

Edited by yjblitz

I was simply saying that I learned how to drive more efficient with my side view mirrors since my rear view tilts down and looks completely at the floor while im playing my music full tilt..

So needless to say I can see behind me and on both sides of me..

:drink40:

Okay, I don't want to argue, just state the same facts again in the hopes they will stick :)

If you are playing loud music, for instance your average 140db+ ground pounder, you will not be able to see out of your mirrors. Period. I learned how to drive with my dads work vans, so I know how to use my mirrors, and I can tell you from experience even single 12 setups make it impossible to use any of them. They vibrate too much to differenciate between a truck, a traffic light, or a sock puppet. Hell, my eyes vibrate so much in my car I can't see what's in front of me with it up full blast, so how can you drive safely that way? You can't.

Here in Myrtle Beach SC we have 3 bike weeks a year, and I hate the 2 big ones sooo bad. Black Bike week is about terrible traffic and big systems, but Harley week is about retards reving their bikes all day at the light like they're keeping it from stalling out, and keeping people awake till 2 or 3 in the morning with their obnoxious exhaust. Black bike week is when you hear some big inconsiderate stereos, and honestly I wish they'd give both of them noise ordinance tickets the same.

There's no way to hear an emergency vehicle behind you with that sort of pressure/volume. It's about being responsible, and since some people don't have the sense to do so on their own, the government sadly is having to step in.

Smoking in public isn't legal in many places, and really is a totally different law. We could say 'why are they doing this instead of fighting the war on drugs or illegal immigration?' but it's simply unrelated in this topic.

Maybe people are hanging their ass in your face because your stereo bothered them, and they thought they'd give your family a taste instead of them having bothered you first? Just a thought :P

Edited by tejcurrent

i wouldnt say its childish..i dont think anyone is in any position to judge what we do or anyone else does..1 mans crap is another mans bread and butter..there are alot of things you can spend money and not get a return on them..like investing..if you invest in stocks and mutual funds and lose your money does that become childish? soon has you buy a car and drive it off the car lot it losses thousands of dollars and you'll never get what you paid for it..so is buying a car childish?

Edited by denalilvr

i wouldnt say its childish..i dont think anyone is in any position to judge what we do or anyone else does..1 mans crap is another mans bread and butter..there are alot of things you can spend money and not get a return on them..like investing..if you invest in stocks and mutual funds and lose your money does that become childish? soon has you buy a car and drive it off the car lot it losses thousands of dollars and you'll never get what you paid for it..so is buying a car childish?

true but you need a car, truck or van, and investments your trying to better your self you dont invest in crazy of the wall stuff you invest in things that will better your life style .....................a multi thousand dollar system is not going to better your lifestyle(I have a few grand in my system) .........and Im not anybody to judge anyone .......its just my opnion and you know what they say about opnion's..... so Im sorry if you took it that way

Edited by yjblitz

true but you need a car, truck or van, and investments your trying to better your self you dont invest in crazy of the wall stuff you invest in things that will better your life style .....................a multi thousand dollar system is not going to better your lifestyle(I have a few grand in my system) .........and Im not anybody to judge anyone .......its just my opnion and you know what they say about opnion's..... so Im sorry if you took it that way

you dont need a car,truck, or van you want its a luxury not a nessacity...also investing doesnt better your lifestyle..its a risk to better your life style..very big difference..a system CAN better your life style because its a hobby in which many others associate themselves with..so you get out with friends or others and talk about car audio, or compete..thats a hobby..something to get you away from your work life and troubles and give you some joy..hence bettering your life style..

Edited by denalilvr

you dont need a car,truck, or van you want its a luxury not a nessacity...also investing doesnt better your lifestyle..its a risk to better your life style..very big difference..a system CAN better your life style because its a hobby in which many others associate themselves with..so you get out with friends or others and talk about car audio, or compete..thats a hobby..something to get you away from your work life and troubles and give you some joy..hence bettering your life style..

WOW now i see why theye told you to take a week off of SSA............what ever dude.......Im not going to split hairs whith you....... have a good night

WOW now i see why theye told you to take a week off of SSA............what ever dude.......Im not going to split hairs whith you....... have a good night

instead of being a parrot point out what im wrong about and then tell me why im wrong..go ahead and teach me we are all here to learn and teach others..

Ok, here are my thoughts on this. .....if you are on the highway, please deafen yourself(I knew there was a reason I have stock in hearing aids). If you think it makes you cool, it doesn't, but to each is own I guess. It is cool as hell at a show yes, but in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic it is annoying. I see how the law will help those poor senior citizens that can barely drive as is not get blown off the road by someone with a wall of 18's and 40K watts of power(poor senior citizens just sitting in traffic sipping their prune juice and BOOOOM, little jimmy comes and scares 5 years off their life).......

so in closing....It is fine if you want to deafen yourself, but PLEASE, for the love of God, get some damn sound deadener, when toyr car/trucks rattles are louder than your truck/car.....that is pathetic.....

i believe its a great law, i live in daytona beach so we have alot of people with so called systems (that sound like garbage) rattle-rattle but with the sound deadner done right in my truck i cant hear my music 10 feet away with windows rolled up... so if you dont want that big fine or car to get impounded invest in some sound deadner chit all the people i hang out with say they love it when i come down the country roads blairing country over the chitty rattling cars playing rap

(poor senior citizens just sitting in traffic sipping their prune juice and BOOOOM, little jimmy comes and scares 5 years off their life).......

That's the best post so far. I'm sorry though if I have lost a lot of respect for the senior citizens who shouldn't be driving anyway because 90% of them can't see at all. proof of this is when I went to the license bureau and watched and old man stare into the eyesight meter and couldn't read one line and there like ok nevermind here is your license and your license plate. cmon I personally know a man who is 106 and still driving even with no license but thats a different topic.

Please, it's not like the car's being siezed. You can get it back it's just going to be a pain in the ass, maybe enough of one that a person will think next time before acting like a douche with their system. Which is cheaper, the impound fee and ticket or sound deadener?

Feel free to exercise your rights just remember that when your so exercising impinges on the rights of others, you'll have a hard time defending your actions.

Everyone else is posting, I might as well also, lol. I agree with a lot of the what is being said. It is one thing driving on the hwy at 55+ blaring a system, but it is a totally different perspective when sitting at a red light and I cant hear my talk radio cause some ass next to me is blaring his system. Yes, I do agree, those penalties are harsh, a little to harsh, but that is just my opinion. I understand the reason they are doing it, even though I think they should also look at other aspects/crimes and increase the fines for those, such as littering. As for those people who pointed out about how someone, forgot who, was using a statistic when he said he wasn't, get a dictionary, that was not a statistic. I am a statistician along with another member on this forum, MathMan...and sadly, not to long ago we both worked on some statistics for car insurance company, and the numbers of young, unexperienced drivers who were in accidents for distractions was overwhelming; and it was ridiculous how many were actually due to playing with their "brand new sound system." We came across at least 10 files out of 100 of teens crashing due to not paying attention to the road because they were playing with bass knobs and what-not. There were also police files we came across where people who had their system going full-tilt actually got tickets for, I forget the correct terminology, but I beleive it is something like hindering a emergency vehicle. Their reason in court, no lie, "I could not see them behind me because my mirrors were vibrating to badly."

Just be happy you don't live in my area of FL, the law says 15FT in my area, NOT 25. I can fart and it will be heard 15 ft away, lol. Some people on here are acting way out of line, I understand you wanna listen to your system full tilt and blare it and whatnot, I do to....but people like M5 and not saying this is horrible and whatnot, they are saying be respectful about it. If you can't act like an adult, think, and see this; then I do apologize....don't refer back to being a third grader and start slandering, demeaning, and foul mouthing other people for their opinion...how childish; even though I did get a chuckle out of some of them.

Oh, and people in my area do get tickets for throwing cig butts out of their window. I have seen two people get tickets for their pants being around their knees; the cop that gave them the ticket lives next door to me. He wrote it up as indicent exposure, it went to court, and the "kids" still got ticketed and got stuck with court costs.

Kent. the Harley instance was used to prove a point. While the majority of the V-twin guys are responsible, there are other who abuse their "noise," and they are the ones who put the stereotype on the Harley guys. I do find it funny though how every time I come across a Harley at a light, they have to sit there and rev the bike. I just don't get that. And some of them are just downright nasty when they come screaming by you with the windows down. I've had my ears popped a couple times.

i know brother. i laugh at all the guys on their 30k plus customs, or their brand new harley's (which after 06, ALL are fuel injected) who rev at stop lights. yeah, they are really loading up and need rev'd. stupid asses. yeah, there are those with huge motors, massive cams and such which might indeed load up, and there are those old scoots out there still that simply won't idle no matter what, but for the most part, they do it because they think it's cool. idiots. all of them. and not just the harley guys, but the rockets as well.

today the wife and i went to the Blessing of the Bikes, with a couple of friends. all of us have some form of aftermarket exhaust, yet we could hold a conversation running down the road. yes, they get mean if we are cranking on them, but at cruising speeds, just a nice mellow rumble. something actually enjoyable to listen too.

in any case,

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: