sundownz

E8 Pre-Order / Intro Sale

The nominal is what you are looking at.

PM me about pricing on 16 of them.

Meh, my roommate is a dumb ass.

He doesn't believe that Sean did 143 on a TL, legal.

He keeps comparing my design to someone who has a bunch of 8's in a "IB" setup in a truck that did only 132 DB or something along those lines.

He doesn't know the number of drivers, amps, wattage, anything.

Ya think you could do any vids jacob or is that possible at the moment?

I know Sundown stuff is normally geared more toward SPL and Daily Driving, but what's the SQ like on these? Anything they compare with?

Meh, my roommate is a dumb ass.

He doesn't believe that Sean did 143 on a TL, legal.

He keeps comparing my design to someone who has a bunch of 8's in a "IB" setup in a truck that did only 132 DB or something along those lines.

He doesn't know the number of drivers, amps, wattage, anything.

Ya think you could do any vids jacob or is that possible at the moment?

You would have to talk to Sean about videos, but I'm sure that could be arranged if he is not busy. He used a tiny 4th order band-pass in his CRX with around 800-watts on the burp.

Your setup should do much more than 132 dB :)

I know Sundown stuff is normally geared more toward SPL and Daily Driving, but what's the SQ like on these? Anything they compare with?

IMO... the SQ is quite good. I'll be running four 8s daily in my VW with a 3-way front stage setup for SQ. I auditioned the original E8 proto ported in my Civic (previous car) and really enjoyed it.

Closest comparison is the 8" Tang-Band driver - the E8s handle more power thermally, though.

gotta love how people think Sundown is geared for SPL Jacob is an SQ guy at heart he even wears muffs in the truck

If Jake is willing to put a product out, and willing to run it in his daily driver, It has to be up to far. (He has those SQueer ears) :drink40:

gotta love how people think Sundown is geared for SPL Jacob is an SQ guy at heart he even wears muffs in the truck

*laughs*

Busted. I keep ear plugs in the glove box of the Bronco with the three Nightshade 15s for when I ride with him too :)

looks good, but i have a question..

are they going to be called E8s? you aren't worried about possible confusion with e-duh? and who knows, ben might try to claim he designed these too with the E8 model name. lol.

and that's a good price. wish i didn't have to buy hook swords, hakima pants and another set of sparring gear. i would surely grab one just to have. black on black has got to be sexy!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Nah... I already have the "SAE" amp series - this is my "entry level" driver line. There won't be any big "E" on the cone or anything :)

I'd like to pick up about 4 of these later, but I don't have the money now....What are prices going to look like after the intro sale? Roughly?

Nah... I already have the "SAE" amp series - this is my "entry level" driver line. There won't be any big "E" on the cone or anything :)

cool. i was just curious.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I want to put 2 into my new scion xd :)... will 2 handle okay one the 1000d ?

Edited by Yang

I want to put 2 into my new scion xd :)... will 2 handle okay one the 1000d ?

That'll be @ 2 ohms - just fine.

I'd like to pick up about 4 of these later, but I don't have the money now....What are prices going to look like after the intro sale? Roughly?

MSRP will be around 100 bucks - dealers can offer their best price from there.

For 2xE8 in a sealed 0.8cuft, what would be the thermally, what would be the power handling?

For 2xE8 in a sealed 0.8cuft, what would be the thermally, what would be the power handling?

200 watts RMS still applies thermally. They have excellent thermal handling capability.

Hmm, is there any way for you to tell me.......where the screw holes are and how big they are......and how many there are all together....is it 4, 6 or 8 per woofer?

these suckers are going in right when I get them...lol.