Sign in to follow this  
denalilvr

you know the guy who spends $1200 on his car

lol funny topic but true..heres the deal..latly i been really thinking if i need 4 18's since i will never compete and with all these noise violation laws..i think 2 18's will be enough for me..if they are not then no biggie just order 2 more..but heres the deal..do you guys think its justifiable to spend $1200 on sound deadening on just 2 18's? am i going over board? the plan is to go single layers on doors and double up every where else..which consists of 240 sq ft of damp pro and 160 sq ft of damp regular..so what you guys think? i just dont want to feel like the fools who buy rims that cost 3-5 times more then there car is worth..lol

I think it's worth it, my first audio car had over 20x what I spent on the car in audio improvements (including 1500$ in deadening.

Guest zedman

The only way I would spend the time and money on it would be:

1. I am keeping the car a very long time 5 yrs min.

2. The car has low miles to me.

then if these are both true then yes it would be worth it.

Just my opinion though. Z

Only you know what you want your system to sound like. Deadening is always worth doing. You'll get the full potential out of your system.

$1200 for a single layer on the doors would be a waste no matter what the rest of the install is.

and this is not a new law... sound laws have allways been around.

If you are going to keep the car. Do it. Don't worry about spending alot going overboard. I sent $1000 on my 10'' and door speakers and amps for my truck this spring and everyone at my highschool though I was nuts because its not that loud they say. It may not be loud as fawk, but it sure as hell is the best sounding thing around. So it was worth it to me. And thats what matters.

$1200 for a single layer on the doors would be a waste no matter what the rest of the install is.

only the 4 doors will be single layers, are you saying its not enough to do single on doors? every where else is double layers of the pro version

and this is not a new law... sound laws have allways been around.

ya ive knowin about these laws for a long time..even when i had my 4 12's i never got to use them to there full potential and i promised myself i wouldnt go over board on subs because of this law..

only the 4 doors will be single layers, are you saying its not enough to do single on doors? every where else is double layers of the pro version

The MOST important place to deaden by far is the doors.

240 SQ and you can only do 1 layer on the doors....?....wtf do you drive?

gmc denali...i can do more for doors..i may double layer them..

Hell the doors on the GM trucks are crap. My outer has 4-6 layers, and the inner has at least 3 on each side. They need a lot of help!

Guest zedman

if you were to put 2 or 3 layers on your doors and the 2-3 on the wheel wells and 1 layer everywhere else then on top of all of that overkill or luxury liner that would make a huge difference in the level of sound you would hear.

Deadening isn't for eliminating sound, it is to stop panel resonances. If you want to eliminate sound you need an acoustic absorber.

Hell the doors on the GM trucks are crap. My outer has 4-6 layers, and the inner has at least 3 on each side. They need a lot of help!

for your doors did you use the reg or the pro? its really cheap to do the doors if the feeling is i need to have around 3-6 layers i can do it..i mean when your spending thousands of dollars what the hell is a couple extra hundered..i just want to make sure its justified and not just for bragging..lol