Sign in to follow this  
02xblazer

ssa icon 10

can they be used in a sealed box? if so do they have good sound quality? would one 10 beable to handle the power from a kicker zx1000.1 with a birthsheet of 1156w?

can they be used in a sealed box? if so do they have good sound quality? would one 10 beable to handle the power from a kicker zx1000.1 with a birthsheet of 1156w?

yes they can be used in sealed and have read they are one of the best sounding subs people have owned..and a ssa icon can handle up to 1200 watts daily i have been told by the makers of the sub itself..so your good to go my friend..

Ill be hearing a 10" icon sealed this weekend. The 12 that i heard had kick ass SQ, got low an still remianed nice an tight. It also took All of my sundown 1500 pretty well. The 10 should be able to handle that amp. If ya notice it cant, jus turn down the gain some an youll be good.

thanks for the replies. i already have the zx1000.1 and was just gunna run it a 4ohms to a single rl-i10 but now i think ill run it at 2ohms to a single icon 10. what size box would u recommend? i listen to rock/metal

Ill be hearing a 10" icon sealed this weekend. The 12 that i heard had kick ass SQ, got low an still remianed nice an tight. It also took All of my sundown 1500 pretty well. The 10 should be able to handle that amp. If ya notice it cant, jus turn down the gain some an youll be good.

ANy thoughts on how the sub sounds in a sealed enclosure? I just purchased the icon 10 from accordman and I have absolutely no knowlege of ported boxes.

Mark sealed up a 12", and it had plenty of output for his tastes in a smaller car.

Put it in just under 1^3ft sealed and it'll be happy as a clam.

Mark sealed up a 12", and it had plenty of output for his tastes in a smaller car.

Put it in just under 1^3ft sealed and it'll be happy as a clam.

Would ported be louder than sealed?, and what frequency would you tune if you like rap, rock and country?

Ported is, in most cases always louder than sealed. But you sacrifice an even frequency playing field.

If you port the ICON, I'd tune it to 32-33hz for the types of music you enjoy.

Thanks for the info. Im goin to be buying another icon 10 and I was wondering how much space should i have for both subs net after sub and port displacement?

If you are doing dual 10's try to aim for approx 2.0 - 2.5 cubes for the box.

If you are doing dual 10's try to aim for approx 2.0 - 2.5 cubes for the box.

ok thanks, i currently own an 02 gmc sierra ext cab and i plan on putting an enclosure under the rear seat

That should be a sweet set up.