Sign in to follow this  
Travo-18

Replacing 2 BTL 12's with 2 lvl 5 15's

What do you guys think about that? A good switch or should i stick with the BTL's? But either way im wanting to change my 12's to some 15's.. so its between the new BTL 15's or new lvl 5 15's

Edited by Thumper

Guest zedman
What do you guys think about that? A good switch or should i stick with the BTL's? But either way im wanting to change my 12's to some 15's.. so its between the new BTL 15's or new lvl 5 15's

I have never owned Fi myself but I do own DC Audio and they are awesome sounding speakers to me. Are you looking for sq or spl in the new speakers?

im looking for neither.. it was going to be for my store pickup and is a daily driver, and my boxes are designed to be ungodly loud to the ear and move a ton of air. but after Rusty emailed me some prices i think im going to have to pass on DC :(

I imagine the Lvl 5 speaker is very expensive to manufacture and fairly priced for what it is!

If you want to go DC have you considered the Lvl 4 ?

I say get whatever and sell me ur BTLs.....are they loaded and what ohm are they? How long have u had them, what did u push them with and do u have pics?

Read my signature.. they are D1's and i maybe had them running for a month.. but im not sure i want to sell them.. i really want to distruct the crap out of them beings Fi treated me poorly

Read my signature.. they are D1's and i maybe had them running for a month.. but im not sure i want to sell them.. i really want to distruct the crap out of them beings Fi treated me poorly

damn why did they treat you poorly?

damn why did they treat you poorly?

yeah tell us

i have sent to probably close to 50 emails for almost a motnh now and i have only got one email saying they are still testing the new BTL's...Ihad many questions and none of them got answered...may sound kind of dumb but i feel i should at least get a decent email back saying something other than they are still testing them

i have sent to probably close to 50 emails for almost a motnh now and i have only got one email saying they are still testing the new BTL's...Ihad many questions and none of them got answered...may sound kind of dumb but i feel i should at least get a decent email back saying something other than they are still testing them

why?????/ why do you think that YOU should get inside info on the them???? out of all the poeple that email asking about them why do you think that your on the top 10??? you spent a 1000 with fi... ok... that means you bought a PAIR OF SUBS...... ME TOO>. dont mean im an insider... are you on team FI???

have you directly effected the income on fi like steve has?????? NOPE

i hear that you may push FI if thay treated you better... but damn... what other sub to you sell that plays like a fi?

HaHa... im 22 and the questions i was asking was simple maybe 2 or 3 word answers.. and im sure i have given Fi a little more business after i instaled my 2 12's pratically everyone at my shop bought some Fi's... i have about 3 other employees that feel the same way i do

Welcome to the car audio world. There are very few companies (almost all are small and trying to get off of the ground) that will divulge in info about products they are testing. Even if you are friends with owners of the company and know them on a first name basis. Car audio is a dog eat dog world. Think about it this way, if you were Fi which may have a half dozen employee's building hundreds of subwoofers a week. Even the owner has to sit down and build subs just to meet production goals. On top of that he has thousands of emails to answer weekly, a personal life at home, car shows etc... Running multiple companies. Not to mention that he needs to sleep. Unless I am sending an email to a company that has a dedicated customer service staff I don't expect to get a reply within 2 business days.

On top of that you compounded your issue by raiding their inbox's with nearly 50 emails, probably asking several different questions and on top of that you are asking about a product that is still "testing".

I could careless if they are afraid of some of their ideas lekaing out on the web.. the point was is they treated me poorly.. i switched to Audioque and DJ the owner has even given me inside tips of some new subs they are still "testing" i talk to DJ almost every day and he assures me i will not be disappointed in my decision.. thats customer service right there.. and AQ even holds the record for 2 10's hitting i think a 155.4 but dont quote because i cant remember the actual score

I could careless if they are afraid of some of their ideas lekaing out on the web.. the point was is they treated me poorly.. i switched to Audioque and DJ the owner has even given me inside tips of some new subs they are still "testing" i talk to DJ almost every day and he assures me i will not be disappointed in my decision.. thats customer service right there.. and AQ even holds the record for 2 10's hitting i think a 155.4 but dont quote because i cant remember the actual score

so your mad because you didnt get insider news? omg get a phuckin life :bsflag: and offcourse you can careless becuase its not your sub,not your company,not your money they have invested in the company..jesus how the hell does someone like you own a audio shop and act like a freshman in highschool who hangs out after school showing off with his jensen subs..

Hmmm... well i dont have to explain to you what my questions where.. they could have been simple questions as to an estimate of price...but why do you care? its not your company so dont defend them.. if they cared 2cents about my business i would have been treated differently I'm sure

That's funny, In Suitland Maryland last year I went up against a crx that was doing 156.xx with 2 tens. It was more vehicle/enclosure than just subs. (oh and if you were wondering it was measured with the new TL, legal dB drag Street A style).

And not getting an email reply isn't "treating you poorly" Who knows Fi might need to get a dedicated customer service staff just for people like you who are impatient and trying to find out what's going on with a new woofer. The funny thing is AQ is probably telling you things like voice coil sizes, cone types, motor masses etc... When in reality to the average consumer (hell even to an engineer) those #'s mean nothing without the rest of the details.

I could have a custom subwoofer built with a pressed paper cone, twin progressive spiders, xbl^2, whatever it really means nothing until you get into the nitty gritty. For example the fact that a 200g triple stacked motor with a 7" diameter could very well be weaker than a 150g 10.1" wide single slug.

wow your 22 and whining because he didn't email you back. i feel as a few others. if you bought 4 loaded btl 18's which inturn contributed to the sales of probably hundreds of other loaded btls...then i could see your point. grow up, my 02.

:tool:

little do you know one of my employees bought 4 18's and he came to a conclusion that Fi is nothing but just the new hype! and my next setup was going to be 8 BTL 15's

little do you know one of my employees bought 4 18's and he came to a conclusion that Fi is nothing but just the new hype! and my next setup was going to be 8 BTL 15's

Perhaps your employee needs a box building lesson.

Perhaps your employee needs a box building lesson.

Yes, I'm sure his employee knows more about subwoofers and enclosures than say... Steve Meade. When will you ever learn, Sean? ;)

Actually I did read ur sig and it told me nothing about the subs except the brand and size. D1s are what Im looking for and if they are "fully" loaded then let me know if u do decided to sell. Would be willing to buy if the price is right. PM me when your ready.

If FI is nothing, than what is something?

I wonder why his question didn't answered?

FI tech is usually all over a question about their subs.....