Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

All right People, You got 5 days! Choose my setup

I've been putting this off for too long just researching so i forced myself to finalize a box and i did today so there's no turning back now!

This is what i have to work with and YOU will decide what goes in my car :)

Box specs- EXTERNAL-

Height - 17.75"

Width - 36.25"

Depth - 17.75"

Double Baffle Design

INTERNAL GROSS - 5.06 cubes

Amps - 2 AQ2200Ds or 2 Opti2000Ds

I won't buy the amps until i know what ohm load i'm working with.

Both capable of producing 4,000w at 1 ohm or 2 ohm so their's your start.

Port spec -

This is port displacement based upon power used. IF you pick a design that can't handle 4kw, then port will take up less volume allowing more NET volume.

4KW- 0.87 cubes displaced

3.5KW- 0.75 cubes displaced

3KW- 0.75 cubes displaced

I can ONLY use 8s, 10s or 12s. 15s won't fit due to what's in front of the baffle at the bottom.

Here is the choice i have right now-

IF YOU THINK you know something that can get louder, Post it up!

I have chosen 3 10" Alpine Type Xs wired down to 2.33ohmsDC\2.6 ohms Nominal on a strapped pair of amps capable of doing 4,400w @2ohm and 2,600w @4ohm for box rise purposes.

Result- They may only see about 3,350w max due to ohm load restriction. That may be pretty loud though, any takers?

Before posting, please take into consideration that your choice will FIT my box specs so you already know sub displacement of whatever speaker lineup you choose.

The Baffle can hold up to the following-

(this doesnt mean i have the internal volume, that's for you to consider, this is just what can fit on the baffle)

3 12s

3 10s

4 8s

So far, Alpine Type Xs are winning....

not sure if you know but ssa is coming out with a sub that they have in there hands right now that takes 1500 watts rms and is made to be a extremely loud daily set up..ss audio just finished doing a build for it and hes getting some vids up right now..but i wish i could tell you when it will be ready for public to buy..and it will be in 12-15-18'' sizes..

here is what ss audio said-Ok, I'll give a pic, before anyone asks, we don't have pricing or specs on them yet, all I can say is they will be a 1500wRMS range driver. We don't even have a date range on when they will be available. They will be in 12" 15" & 18" versions though. Black baskets, and some cosmetic changes will be made.

I would like to set the record straight right here and now, this is NOT an SPL sub. It's sole purpose in design is to be an insanely loud daily driver.

Edited by denalilvr

not sure if you know but ssa is coming out with a sub that they have in there hands right now that takes 1500 watts rms and is made to be a extremely loud daily set up..ss audio just finished doing a build for it and hes getting some vids up right now..but i wish i could tell you when it will be ready for public to buy..and it will be in 12-15-18'' sizes..

here is what ss audio said-Ok, I'll give a pic, before anyone asks, we don't have pricing or specs on them yet, all I can say is they will be a 1500wRMS range driver. We don't even have a date range on when they will be available. They will be in 12" 15" & 18" versions though. Black baskets, and some cosmetic changes will be made.

I would like to set the record straight right here and now, this is NOT an SPL sub. It's sole purpose in design is to be an insanely loud daily driver.

Hey man is there any more info on this or should i contact SSA for further information?

no date on availability, no go!

I dont care if they said it was 150db efficient and only require to be in 0.1 cubes ported.

I need my entire setup done by the end of the 2nd week of May.

That means more than what this topic covers, :)

Interesting info though.

type x have really good sq but arnt knowin for getting loud..so if that doesnt bother you then go for it..

2 Mach 5 SPL 12's everyone seems to be pretty happy with them, and they put some good numbers.

IA DP 12's Ive herd they sound pretty good, and they do look pretty badass :D

Well, as Denalilyr just put it-

Type X's aren't known for getting loud so now i have NOTHING TO INSTALL!

ddeitz- both of those subs want to be in 3 cubes per driver so 2 is out of the question.

remember, make sure they can fit the box at hand.

Well, as Denalilyr just put it-

Type X's aren't known for getting loud so now i have NOTHING TO INSTALL!

ddeitz- both of those subs want to be in 3 cubes per driver so 2 is out of the question.

remember, make sure they can fit the box at hand.

well wait up..lol i mean what are you looking to do? compete or just have a loud daily driver?

LouD daily driver.

How about the following since i am still researching--

3 Fi BL 10s...

3 SSA ICON 10s

Subs must be under 100lbs... I think the FIs are more than that but can't confirm that and nobody knows the weight of the ICONs supposedly...

Also, 3 RE SX 10s, i know the weight of these babies and they seem pretty capable of getting loud.

How about the following since i am still researching--

3 Fi BL 10s...

3 SSA ICON 10s

Subs must be under 100lbs... I think the FIs are more than that but can't confirm that and nobody knows the weight of the ICONs supposedly...

I just got my icon 15 last week and it weighs in around thirty lbs. so 3 10's shouldn't surpass your 100lb. limit. By the way the icon is a very incredible sub. Mine is in 3.5 cu. ft. tuned to 32. It gets crazy loud and is possibly the best sounding sub I have ever heard.

3 RE SX 10's sounds hawt... Sexy loud subs and i love the sound of mine for daily! If you could get away with the smaller size for the mach 5's ide use them instead as they are teh hawt sex. To be honest 2-12 inch SX's would work PERFECTLY with one 2000D. Dual 2 ohm coils, 2 subs 1000 RMS a peice at .5 ohm. 2.0Cubes a peice ported a little more efficient with a bit bigger box too along with being amazingly loud as it is. Just my opinion tho.

I'll just chime in about the amps.

The Lanzar Opti 2000D's look pretty spiffy on the inside. That's what I would choose.

Ok, it's getting REAL CLOSE right now-

Another forum is suggesting i go with 2 AQ HDC312s because they and i both know they can handle 2K per driver easy.

(I've ran and still own 2 HD315s so i know how they sound, which is fine to me.)

The ICONs are a no go now since i have too much power and wouldnt get as much potential as i could with a driver that feeds on power.

The only thing left that i know of is 3 RE SX 10s or 2 AQ HDC312s.

And to be honest, i almost purchased the AQs last night and forgot to make sure there was nothing else that perked my interest.

Unless something drastic changes my mind soon, the AQs are gonna be it.

2 of the AQ HDC312s have more surface area than any 3 10s i have looked at.

2 of these 12s actually have about as much surface area as the Alpine Type X's i believe.

Well anyway, my build log will be started in about a week or so on this forum so stay tuned.

Someone stole my video camera bout 4 months ago so the only thing i have vid cam wise is a picture camera. Never used vid cap feature on it so it probably sucks.

I need to buy another vid cam soon though.