Sign in to follow this  
jj53913

BL and RL-P18

I was looking at the FI BL 18 for the price but I am really wanting to try the Sound Splinter RL-P18, Plans are 2 18s in a wall, what does everyone think of the two (pros,cons,what you like about which sub) thanks for any input provided.

well the bl will be louder but the rlp will sound better..so just figure out what your more interested in..

Being louder has everything to do with box design and power.. both of which he hasn't given specifics yet. So I wouldn't hand the SPL hat over to the BL just quite yet.

Sorry I guess I should have added that because it has to do with everything, Its going to be a wall and I figured I can get right at 11 cu. ft. after port and speaker displacement ported at 32 hz.

That box size would be optimal for either woofer. However, the tuning would be better suited to the BL.

What kind of power will you be feeding them with?

Thats where my biggest problem comes in, my amp is rated at 1500 @2 ohms and 3000@1ohm, it would work great for 2 bls but it would be a little under or over for the RL-P's so a new amp would be in order

You don't have to send out the full 3kW to the RL-p's. You can turn the gain down.

That is true what would the RL-P's like for tunning? This setup isn't going to be for copetitionssince we don't have any around really. Sometimes a local shop will put something on and have a meter there for everyone to compete for fun. I want to be able to be loud (which about any 18 can be) and I would love to move some air. My current set-up gets loud just no air movement.

BL for sure.

And you're basing that statement off of what exactly?

Your need to get 25 posts before you can post in our F/S section?

:turkey:

I am just not a fan of the Rl-P. They sound sloppy to me and I can imagine the 18 would sound even worse. Not to mention I think the BL will get louder, which is what I like :). I have frequented this forum for news and such for the past year and just never brought myself to join. I finally decided I would join up. Is that a problem?

I am just not a fan of the Rl-P. They sound sloppy to me and I can imagine the 18 would sound even worse. Not to mention I think the BL will get louder, which is what I like :). I have frequented this forum for news and such for the past year and just never brought myself to join. I finally decided I would join up. Is that a problem?

Just a heads up. time to visit the advanced section to see why larger woofers aren't "sloppier"

I didn't say it would be sloppier. RL-Ps just sound sloppy in general to me and I am just not a fan of the sound of 18s. Whether or not the sub is "sloppier" has a lot to do with the install and I know that has contributed greatly to why I am not a fan of 18s. Most installs I have heard with them don't sound that great.