oxsign

2 18" RL-p's in a sealed box

First off, I currently have one in a ported box in my truck. I've never owned a sealed box, so I don't know what to expect. I can get 9.5cubes total (before displacement) for the subs. They will be pushed by 2 Infinity 1211a's (one to each). So my question is............

Will I be happy???

I know this is a silly question, and one that really can't be answered till I build it, lol. But it never hurts to try. :neil:

First off, I currently have one in a ported box in my truck. I've never owned a sealed box, so I don't know what to expect. I can get 9.5cubes total (before displacement) for the subs. They will be pushed by 2 Infinity 1211a's (one to each). So my question is............

Will I be happy???

I know this is a silly question, and one that really can't be answered till I build it, lol. But it never hurts to try. :neil:

you wont be happy until you wall it off with 4 of them.... ;)

I think the fact of doubling the cone surface should really do something for you. My vote is go for it, because you don't want to end up selling one off and having the "WHAT IF" feeling.

I think the fact of doubling the cone surface should really do something for you. My vote is go for it, because you don't want to end up selling one off and having the "WHAT IF" feeling.
Very true about the "what if's", lol. You think 9-9.5 cubes will be enough for the 2 of them with that power? :neil:

Very true about the "what if's", lol. You think 9-9.5 cubes will be enough for the 2 of them with that power? :neil:

As I know the 12" very well, I will let Mikey G. answer this one. Usually for me, the value of answering my questions to trying something out is greater then the value kept by the item being still BNIB for resale.

I say go for it. I have a Q18 in 5.75 after displacement and love it. Eats the 25-40hz range extremely well

I say go for it. I have a Q18 in 5.75 after displacement and love it. Eats the 25-40hz range extremely well
Thx man, I think I will try it. What do I have to loose, lol. If I don't like it, I just build a ported wall, lol. I figure it's gotta sound good. I'm doubling the power & the cone surface. :neil:

wow i've read through that multiple times and didn't put two and two together. turned out nice by the way.

wow i've read through that multiple times and didn't put two and two together. turned out nice by the way.
lol, thx, but it's far from done. I'll get more pix up later this weekend. :neil: