shizzzon

ShiZZZoN's Build Log

hmm, it's only 2hrs away, that's nothin.

When should i go Sat and Sun or just Saturday?

Sweet!

It'll be one big happy boomfest!

My build will be done by Slamology,

I hope to see ya guys there!

i got you on the two day arm band bro.....

the first day you will see so much....

almost 50% of the car show takes runs, lol...... it's free with thier admission.....

so lot's of audio approaches, some rather funny, some, we jump in and help tweak a little.....

and then there are the greats...... hitting high 300 dbs in the last show they were at, lmao....

the second day, some of the more sound rides, solid installs, are finalled out and then like all shows, just the big guys in the end!

Sweet!

It'll be one big happy boomfest!

My build will be done by Slamology,

I hope to see ya guys there!

bro, i wish i remember seeing you there.....

last year.....

definetly willl be like us SSA followers are having a family reunion...

i am bringing coolers, grills, tents, corn hole......

let's have a sweet ass weekend for sure!

"BOOMFEST" ........ i love it!

Don't forget the other side of the show chop. There will be some sick rides in general out!......old schools and trucks (lifted, bagged, and just dropped) along with custom bikes :drink40: Oh yeah, they have this little bikini contest thing :popcorn:

sorry about the jacked up thread here shizzon.....i moved it to a seperate thread under events.....

you already know we are all whores though.....

lol

chop

just got back from buyin some basic stuff..

First thing i gotta do is fill my side panels with 2x4s and expanding foam so i can get both side of the car rock hard.

Picked up 10 2x4s, gallon of glue and i still got 5 bags of concrete left over from long time ago, hehe.

I'll be postin up pics of the sides once i get em solid.

i still got 5 bags of concrete left over from long time ago, hehe.

What the?????

I can't wait to see this unfold! :popcorn:

yea.. uh.. i may not be using THOSE bags...

We been doin some calculations... i might shrink the concrete usage some but it looks like EACH of the 6 walls is gonna weigh around 400lbs a piece!

That's a little overkill so i may modify the calculation because i dont wanna add another 3000lbs to this car... even with airride..

Car wouldnt even move, lol.

Hows it coming shizz?

it's not expected to be done til august so no rush

if i go, yes.

Everything has already been torn out of the car. However.. i'm researching some smaller-style setups so i can test how my car loads from scratch all over again...

I'm gonna try to get REAL REAL loud without a wall first, that's why i'm givin myself plenty of time.

I like the way you're thinking on the rebuild bro :fing34: I'll continue to stay tuned in for this one :drink40:

I got a test box i'll be finishin up in a couple of days for a single 15. I'll have a buddy of mine post pics of it for me since my phone is broke.

It's an interchangeable test box from 2.5cuft to 5.5cuft NET for a single 15 using a single 12" round port.

It's made out of 1.5" thick Birch Plywood. It's to be used to find how and what Scion tCs load at in the car for cabin gain purposes.

I think i have a buyer for the box once it's done being used but it'll be interesting to see what i find and how loud it gets.

Tuning for this box can be dropped al the way down to 30hz provided you have 3ft of port room outside the box, :)

yea i know... isnt my choice.. my cell phone is all screwed up. My buddy took pics of it today but since i dont have his phone... dont know how long it's gonna take to show it.

It's not braced anywhere.. I'm gonna run it that way and see what happens. If it needs bracing, i'll probably anchor the walls to the floor of the car.

ok he gave me the pic to the box i made-

IMAG0075.jpg

Box specs are as follows-

Single 15" with 12" round port!

5.5cuft NET changeable all the way down to 2.5cuft NET keeping port completely external. Displacement scale to shrink volume is in 0.21cuft increments.

Box is 1.5" Baltic birch 13ply, single layered top and floor.

Box is not braced whatsoever as it's a test box. If the box does decide to start flexing, i'll add either 2x4s or steel to it but i doubt i will since it wont be used for daily.

The box can be tuned below 30hz with the port provided you have about 4ft of room for port and it must slide inside the box as well so my tuning ranges are VERY broad which is good for testing.

This box is NOT the box i'll be using to try and get to a 160, hehe. this box is completely used to test loading areas in my car so i can measure cabin gain at different parts of the car...

and play around with matching the phase of the sub and port together when it reaches the meter....

What you do not see is there will be another tube that goes on this box but not immediately... that comes later and that tube will be used to fire both the front and rear wave (hopefully in phase) directly at the mic...

Tons of testing with this box.. more than likely a couple months but is not that heavy and extremely strong as it is!

All joints were reinforced with construction adhesive internally and externally. I'll be using threaded rod to hold the sub in place instead of screws... screws always give me problems for some reason when holding subs.

the top piece is removeable so u can displace volume at any time I want to.

It is anchored with brass inserts so i do not lose the integrity of the holes that hold the top down.

Basically, i'll love run tape around the whole top when testing since it's not glued down... but with brass inserts, it is bolted down.

I'm gonna have to redo the back of my hatch within the next upcoming days so i can prepare to fit this thing in my car.

I'll initially be testing this with 1 AQ3500d to see if i can break a 150 at the headrest.

If it does considerably louder... i'll strap 2 of these amps @1ohm to the 15 i'll be using and see what happens... but that's some time away.. even if it really is efficient..

I'll be using threaded rod to hold the sub in place instead of screws... screws always give me problems for some reason when holding subs.

would it be due to the obsene amount of preesure they are under in your installs?

just a thought!

:shrug:

well, here is an update to some testing so far in my test box.

I tore my wall out so i can start from scratch and re-test EVERYTHING so i can get real loud :)

So far i've been testing box volume sizes for a DC Lvl4 15.

the testing was done as follows-

Box volume changed in 0.5cuft increments while maintaining the same port area and length.

the pressure levels do NOT reflect tuning of the port in anyway but shows a gain or drop via volume change.

Each change in volume, pressure was measured at the port's peak note since it changes with box volume.

This test was ran off of an AQ3500d.

@4.0cuft 143.8 - 41hz

@4.5cuft 144.3 - 39hz

@5.0cuft 144.8 - 37hz

@5.5cuft 146.3 - 35hz

Notice how every additional 0.5cuft gain i did, i also gained 0.5db.... until i got to 5.5cuft...

I gained 1.5db goin from 5-5.5cuft.

Now, at 3500w and 5.5cuft, the sub was repeatedly bottoming out so it can't handle this much or more power in that size.

but goin from 4cuft to 5.5cuft, i gained 2.5db!

Car's peak is 43hz right now so that didn't influence the high score on a low peak.

I will now be testing port tuning with box volume changes so this will take a while.

I have been doin some calculations and some talkin to a few people about doing a new test box after i'm done with this to test something VERY interesting....

I won't go into details about what it is and how efficient it is but if it is successful which i'm pretty sure it will be, here is a sneak peek of a design that could be VERY effective in using these methods of obtaining high pressure in my car-

I will not be going into detail about the pic either... just eye candy

160test.jpg

The end is priceless

apparently i gotta watch what i say when jokin around with the cameraman

Ahaha you got to admit its funny tho