Tirefryr

Baby friendly suggestions.

Well, I think it's time the Cobra went bye bye.

I need some suggestions on what to get. I have to be able to fit my work tools and a stroller in there, and have plenty of room in a back seat for the baby seat without cramping frontseat passengers.

I'm thinking along the lines of an extended cab or crew cab pickup, or a large car with a huge trunk.

Budget is $10-12K, and no GM or Chrysler junk please.

What's everyone else with the kiddies rollin?

No, we just bought a new Odyssey, so we have that angle covered. This is just for myself.

How big are the toolz?

Well, they take up the entire trunk of my Mustang now; even if they weren't in there, I still can't fit a stroller, and in order to get the car seat in the thing, I have to have the front passenger seat all the way forward, and all the way up. It's just not safe, and the Cobra has only two seats and I wouldn't want him in there anyways, and I never drive it, so. . .

I've been looking at everything from Explorers, to F150s, to E class MBs, and some older 3 series (which have too small trunks), so I'm open to pretty much anything within the aforementioned budget.

I do love this Odyssey though and it's given me a new found respect for Honda.

Well you knocked out all of my suggestions. (Chevy lover and my dad works for chrysler).

honda ridgeline. similiar to an avalanche (which is another option, even if you don't like gm). but the ridgeline has gotten some great reviews, is acrewcab, gets respectable mileage, has a lockable trunk in the bed and its a honda. dunno if one will fit in your budget, but it's worth a look, especially if your liking honda right now.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I looked at the Ridgeline Kent. They are too pricey, and if I want a truck, I'm gonna get a Truck. I like the Hondas, but I don't see a uni-body as a truck.

I looked at the Ridgeline Kent. They are too pricey, and if I want a truck, I'm gonna get a Truck. I like the Hondas, but I don't see a uni-body as a truck.

then avalanche, gm or not. i know you can find one in your price range, has lockable storage and the midgate is a useful sumbitch when need be. and with the built in cover, gas mileage is above average, 20mpg or so. and it's a truck, with a real backseat.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Grand marquis or a town car. Keep it ford :D

I sort of like the Marauder, but building your own out of a Crown Vic sport makes more sense anyways since they are holding their value too well.

Something like my wives Audi A6, 2002 3.0l, around 50 clicks would fit the budget and bill as well...

but even the marauder looks old. it's a cool car, but it's not that cool.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'll throw my hat in for Toyota, since I recently converted to a 2005 Tacoma. Obviously that might be out of your price range, but the previous gen was nice as well. Try looking into a 00-04 Double cab. It'll be a short bed (5ft?) but it's a truck and that gen got good gas mileage even with the 3.4L V6.

The 2004's are priced a little high, but you may be able to scoop one up cheap as the 2009's get released.

towncar. ask me why!

Thanks everyone, I may have found something today.

:ttiwwop:

Thanks everyone, I may have found something today.

what did you find?

I can't say yet, don't wanna jinx it.

This is way out for there me, but I had a guy offer me a very nice SRT Neon today for a very good price.

I can't say yet, don't wanna jinx it.

This is way out for there me, but I had a guy offer me a very nice SRT Neon today for a very good price.

Ryan.. you CAN NOT go from a Cobra to a Neon... I mean c'mon!

from cobra to a neon whats this world comming too......Henry Ford just rolled over in his grave......J/K, if you can handle the fuel in the cobra buy a used excursion (diesel) there around the range your looking for

Ryan, Allow me to say this........You talk about room for tools, a stroller, and car seat in the trunk.

And SRT Neon WILL NOT allow for room for all this.

Not to mention from the accidents I have seen before they are not exactly something I would by choice put my child in one.

What about a used full sized F-150?

You can find some late 90's ealrly 2000's for around your price range, and still be able to buy a locking bed cover with the $$ left.

J