kjwiehoff

New Products?

:blink: hey mike.... i know i kind of asked this question through e-mail but i figured i'd throw this out there. are there any new products or other soundsplinter items coming out soon.....

Well as you may have read from other threads laying 'round the 'net, there has been some planning to produce a driver capable of very high power handling (up to 3 kW rms) which will probably be geared towards high SPL's for the home theater market. Formerly referred to as the UC (or, Ultimate Competition) driver, I feel that I should directly market it to the home theater crowd since it will be powerful enough to shake some huge home theater - but largely because of its robust suspension and hefty voicecoil which will allow it to take high input for extended periods which is not really necessary when competing in SPL contests, but becomes invaluable when designing a solid home theater setup.

However, a woofer is a woofer and of course may be used in any application depending on how you go about it. So I'm sure this next driver will work exceptionally well in the competition scene. But for me personally, the whole idea of splurting out just a burp or three to get some high dB's isn't as enjoyable as letting the SPL's massage me for hours on end throughout a screening of a great media event like the Lord of the Rings flicks! grin2.gif

I still have not yet worked out a final prototype for this new driver, and as has been stated (which I'm stickin' to!), it probably won't hit the market until Summer 2005.

Now, I may release an 8" driver much earlier than the above date, as I've received a fair amount of response for them and I know TC Sounds has made some mean eight's in the past. In fact, I have a custom pair of 8's from them right now with double stacked magnets weighing in at a hefty 30-some pounds that are going in my car soon. whoa.gif

Please feel free to let me know what you'd like to see so that I can better gauge what you all may want. Feedback rocks! cool2.gif

I have a regular cab truck so Id be VERY interested in some powerful 8s......hint hint

Thanks

Tom

I feel for people who appricate good strong but clean bass that dont want to have the space conficts of a 10 or 12 etc, 8's are the way to go, the L7, Crystal Comp8, Tang Bad, and Re 8, dominate the market from what I have seen but they are all a little different in direction, some are dedicated subs some are more directed at mid-bass in its design,

heck some people are doing walls or extensive 8" installs due to being able to fit more subs in a smaller space, Lyod is running the 18 RE8s and James on CA is running 8 RE8s etc. so I think it is a seciton of the market that is just starting to get attention, and if you can build a "super 8" in the 45-70 price range it will really boost the market share for sound splinter, I believe stereo integrity is thinking about one also,

I personally in the market for a single 8 that is resonably priced for a present for friends, I bought a bunch of RE8s last year for a few people, but they are DVC4 or SVC2 and I need to track down an 8" of SVC4 or DVC2 so that a few friends could run it in a single sub set up with a small amp for a nice SQ set up, the more I read about the Crystal the more it turns out to be like a mid-bass, and the L7 is more than I want to spend, so as you can see there is a demand for a sub that you could build ;)

I for one, would love to see a powerful 8 from soundsplinter. I'd even go so far as to let you make me a demo vehicle with them that i could drive around and show off. :D I know it probably wont happen soon but i'm still askin for a component line.... Order of what i would like to see: components, 8's, amps.

i think an 8 in the $45-$70 dollar range would be cool...

BUT..an eight liek the proto's mike's running would surely be more. i mean my rl-p12 tips the scales at 30pds, and those eights are heavier?!?! awesome!!

i think componets would be the next logical step..both soft and metallic dome tweets and from 5.25 up to an 8 for midrange/bass...

and if the new and planned subs are anything like i got...ya know i will be wanting more!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i was thinkin more along the lines of a.....hrmmm......maybe......an uber 8 :D

Well thank you all for the feedback, keep it rollin' in. In the meantime, let me just state that while a budget 8" driver would be nice, seeing as I'm just starting out I don't want to spread myself too thin over too large of an inventory. As such, I'll probably make tlm happy in that I would shoot for more of an 'uber' 8 than a budget 8 since I would prefer SoundSplinter be known as an outfit with a very discerning taste for high quality product tongue2.gif..

18's are definitely a thought too, and should SoundSplinter continue to prove itself as successful as it has been now, in the long run, I will probably include larger drivers in the lineup. Don't hold your breath though, as I need to ensure everything is streamlined before I go tweakin' my inventory to obscene scopes! grin2.gif

Some new 8's will likely be the first to hit my lineup, followed by a very durable high power monster. Thereafter.. the sky's the limit! sun.gif

sweeeeet, o and by the way Mike, Im Tom, we emailed back and fourth for a while about a month ago

As such, I'll probably make tlm happy in that I would shoot for more of an 'uber' 8 than a budget 8 since I would prefer SoundSplinter be known as an outfit with a very discerning taste for high quality product tongue2.gif..

Some new 8's will likely be the first to hit my lineup, followed by a very durable high power monster.  Thereafter.. the sky's the limit! sun.gif

cool..an uber 8...lol..

maybe the first of the UC line??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: