oldschool4life

Forum is broke...

there's nothing we can do as members.

an IPS error involves the forum itself which is powered by Invision but i do not think Invision's scripting is to blame for this problem.

The error keeps referring to the MyLSQ client...

So, whoever runs this website, :) , they need to see if they can troubleshoot this on their end via the MyLSQ client.

If they cannot, they will have to contact the server administrator(s) and have them fix it or walk him through it.

It can be as easy as the client just crashed and needs to be restarted... it's nothing major.

Just a tip, its myLSQ, not myLSQ, LSQ is a database coding language.

ok, it's my LSQ, (i'm no programmer). however,denim has changed something in the forum to make LSQ appear as LSQ. as it's more fitting to audio, and more accurate. but if myLSQ is coding language, then maybe that's what is causing the issues? the automatic changing for regular members of LSQ to LSQ.

and shizzon probably got it right bose, lol. the forum changed it on him.

btw, LSQ = loud sound quality

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i typed it right, the board changes it.

I don't make typos that bad, lol.. and consistently at that.

i know nothing of the coding language but the error says client.

If there's a client, there's also a server.

But i don't run this site so i do not know exactly how it's setup.

The server for the coding language could be hosted at the same place as the company who hosts this site. It could be an add-on feature.

This site's owner would just have the client to custom his own choices.

Something goes wrong, either coding, or maybe the server.

I know i said the client above may be the culprit but i meant the client could be when it comes to coding. The server would have to crash but if that happened, surely there would be a different error message other than blaming the client, hehe.

Lol, I didn't even notice that it changed it in my post too. Sorry shizzon, didn't think you were dumb, it's just that LSQ isn't a common language so not everyone has heard of it. It appears that the database has been corrupted or that possibly the index entries for the parent forums have been lost, either way it is server/software related and is not on our ends. Hopefully this gets fixed, I like SSA and kinda miss browsing.

I was worried last night, glad my home is back.

I guess that kinda explains why the site wouldn't load at all for me last night.. it made me appreciate this site much more. I went crazy without it.. lol

Edit: got excited too soon, before i actually tried to get to a forum. I cant get into any of them :(

Edited by QuestionMan

DC Sound Lab is broke also, this is what I get:

IPB WARNING [2] myLSQ_query() [function.myLSQ-query]: Unable to save result set (Line: 555 of /ips_kernel/class_db_myLSQ_client.php)

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Well, I'm at school and I get the same error no matter what forum section I try to acces.

At home I only got it with the FS forum.

Cleared the cookies on IE and still no worky. Might have to try it on Opera when I get home...

It's back up, woot!! The whole thing (besides the store) has been down on me all day.

Me too. Aaron was PISSED

lol

working now. Probably need a software upgrade soon.

I believe it was shizzon that was correct. It is an invision issue that some how the data base gets disconnected. So it took a few tickets and emails to the host to finally fix the issue. But like Mark said a few posts up, we need to do an upgrade very soon. Just a hefty and risky task.