Sign in to follow this  
SQL_Volvo

Replacement/upgrade for Avalanche

What up Fi gurus. I am in the design phase of a new build for one of my toys. Its an '87 T-bird Turbocoupe. I currently have a Sundown 1500D/ 100.4 combo and I am looking to pick up a 100.2 as well. I have been running my AA Avalanche 15 for a couple of years now and love it, but I want to go with 2 15s this time around as I can use up my whole damn trunk if I need to lol. I already have a 200A Powermaster alternator and plan to do The Big Three as well. I would like to stay in the Fi AA family. What would you guys suggestion be for subs? I have 1700-2200 watts to play with depending on impedance. I love the bottom end my Ava has but would like something a little more well rounded this time. Lemme know what ya'll think. Tia.

Pair of Havocs?

Yeah that was my first instinct, but I wanted to hear some opinions from those that know what the Avas are all about......I know you are definitely one of them. Btw, I'm sure you don't remember it but you actually gave me my box design that the Ava is in right now....I just tuned a little lower when I built it the second time around out of birch.

Are the Havocs as low end biased as the Ava's are? It's funny cause one of the things thats so great about them is their ability to get so low but its also a curse if you do not have top notch mid-bass.

Sign in to follow this