KickinAudio

Any beer snobs here?

Not a real "beer snob", but anyone into beer? I'm talking people who actually stay away from Bud and Corona etc.

Anywho.. I'm into Trappist Ales/Belgin's.. porters, stouts, ambers...

I actually started doing beer trading, I'm all into it now.

What about you?

Respect Beer!

I never enjoyed beer growing up. My college years usually found me with a bottle of Southern Comfort in one hand and a 2-liter of Dr. Pepper in the other. A few years ago I had my first Guinness on tap and I've never looked back. :)

-fp

I love, Grolsh, Sapparro, Stella Atoris and other beers of that nature.

<--huge porter fan :)

Not a beer snob, but I do enjoy quality when I can but being in college its to expensive to drink quality in quantity...

Oatmeal stout, triple stout, black and tans, some home brew varieties and what not.

<--huge porter fan :)

Fuller's London Porter zzz000mggg

Oatmeal stout, triple stout, black and tans,

I really like Rogue's Oatmeal Stout. Their XS Imperial is a little to much for me though.

I also picked up some Oscar Blues - Ten Fity Imperial Stout.. blackest beer I've seen! 10% to warm ya up too.

Really into Grolsch, their Blonde is the smoothest beer I've ever tasted.

Big into local microbreweries. There are a lot of them in the area.

Edited by jimbo

I love beer. Just had a Bell's Oberon and a Blue Moon on tap for my friends 21st. My favorite beer however comes from here: http://www.keweenawbrewing.com/ I love anything of theirs except for their Pale Ales, not a fan of those from any brewery.

Canadian beer, and blue moon.............Not really a shit ton of micro brews here.

I guess I prolly don't look enough tho LOL

I'd like to be more into beer but its a pita to go out and find beer. I try out new stuff when ever I can but I really don't know much about all the micro brews and craft beers.

Honestly, I am so spoiled now. I have been living in Germany for the last 9 months, I'll be here for 4 years. It is a whole new ballgame over here.... I can't even describe it. Beer is a way of life here...

Anyway, I really like the Weitzen beers, My current favorite is Shoferhoffer Hefe Weitzen.... Good stuff. All beer is in 1/2 liter bottles...

You can have beer anywhere here, the hardware store, the bakery, the train station, even McDonalds.... It's great...

www.harvestmoonbrew.com and www.bigskybrew.com are my two favorite micro breweries. I found a liquor store in LV that can get me the Big Sky beers, but I doubt that Harvest Moon will ever get much out of the very local area around Great Falls, MT.

The only "mass produced" beers that I'll readily pay for are Fat Tire and Newcastle.

In Canada I drink Kokanee almost exclusively.

If you find yourself in Albuquerque, eat at Kelly's on Central across from the University and get a beer or 5. They brew 17 different varieties from pales to stouts on site and the food is really good, too.

In Pensacola or Destin, FL, you can't go wrong with McGuire's Irish Pub. That place has more character than any other pub, tavern or bar I've ever been to and their beers are wonderful.

If I'm in a different part of the country (or world for that matter) I'll always try a local beer or two. Baltica #7 from Russia is pretty good, but impossible to get in North America. That will be the next beer I drink though because it's the best thing available in the next place I'll be where it's allowed to drink.

There are supposed to be some good micro breweries in Vegas. I guess that will give me something to do when I finally get home.

Dang, I was just in Albuquerque. :(

<-- also loves Pale Ale's and basically hops in general

Shoferhoffer Hefe Weitzen...mmmmmmmm. I like a lot of Dutch beers. Lets see if I can spell it, lol; Linen Kugel (they make the Sunset Wheat, Honey Weiss,and a few others I really enjoy. I also like some dark beers like Old Amsterdaeus. I like a few oatmeal stouts as well, like Hobgoblin. Once in a blue moon I will drink this stuff called 1)Satans brew 2)Bezelbub.....both are like 10 and 12% by volume. I live in Pensacola so I spend a lot of time at McGuirres drinking their stuff....love their Rasberry stout, mmmm.

It's been a few years since I've been to McGuire's... I haven't been there since I've turned 21.

Very cool place

Shoferhoffer Hefe Weitzen...mmmmmmmm. I like a lot of Dutch beers. Lets see if I can spell it, lol; Linen Kugel (they make the Sunset Wheat, Honey Weiss,and a few others I really enjoy. I also like some dark beers like Old Amsterdaeus. I like a few oatmeal stouts as well, like Hobgoblin. Once in a blue moon I will drink this stuff called 1)Satans brew 2)Bezelbub.....both are like 10 and 12% by volume. I live in Pensacola so I spend a lot of time at McGuirres drinking their stuff....love their Rasberry stout, mmmm.

ROFL

Leine's. Ahh taste the imported WI flava

Honestly, I am so spoiled now. I have been living in Germany for the last 9 months, I'll be here for 4 years. It is a whole new ballgame over here.... I can't even describe it. Beer is a way of life here...

Anyway, I really like the Weitzen beers, My current favorite is Shoferhoffer Hefe Weitzen.... Good stuff. All beer is in 1/2 liter bottles...

You can have beer anywhere here, the hardware store, the bakery, the train station, even McDonalds.... It's great...

Before my return flight back from Frankfurt, I bought a beer at McDonalds, just for the heck of it. :neil:

Porter & stout fan here. There's a couple decent microbreweries in Chapel Hill that I go to every now and then...because the pub selection sucks. Can't even get Guinness on tap.

Now, when I go to DC there's a couple places that have a better selection, even know how to do the shamrock-in-the-head thing ;)

Usually if I'm buying commercial beer it's Guinness, Stella Artois or maybe a chocolate stout...

Damnit, I really dig stouts too.

hate anything hoppy here. can't stand pale ales

been moving away from porters lately and more towards wheat ales, mainly cause i think i've tried most of the porters available here.

actually at beer fest had the opportunity to try an awesome pear cider, can't remember the name but i vaguely remember what the bottle looked like, going to try to find it at the local beer place as i usually hate all the hard ciders.

Beer snob? Why yes, yes I am...

Beer snob? Why yes, yes I am...

:bsflag:

Ok, I lied. I'm not a beer snob :(

I like <almost> all beers! :)