KickinAudio

Any beer snobs here?

I highly suggest Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.

If you can get a hold of their 120 minute IPA, you will never forget it!

From where?

I have been a fan of the big bottles recently. La Fin du monde is great. It's a tripple. I have a few others I'm going to try soon, and I got a 6 of bells lager. I can't wait.

I have been a fan of the big bottles recently. La Fin du monde is great. It's a tripple. I have a few others I'm going to try soon, and I got a 6 of bells lager. I can't wait.

Ahh La Fin Du Monde is excellent!!

Try the Trois Pistoles if you haven't already (belgian strong dark ale).

I have some Stone Brewing Russian Imperial Stout on the way, can't wait to try it.

damn i wish i hadn't seen this thread again, now i think it's time to go buy some good beer even though i have a 12-pack of land shark chillin for tonight.

dump it out.

<--snob

phsaw, i prefer it over corona for when i want to go a few beers deep cause i'm bored.

I have some Stone Brewing Russian Imperial Stout on the way, can't wait to try it.

trois pistoles is WAY too much for me, too

I highly suggest Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.

If you can get a hold of their 120 minute IPA, you will never forget it!

Drinking micros with copious amounts of American hops has really turned me off to the style unfortunately. I have come to the conclusion that American IPA's are forcefully over-the-top and seem to be made simply to 'one up' the other brand.

If you want an IPA that is based closer to the original English style of years gone, get your hands on Sergaent's IPA from Old Yale Brewing in B.C. It has a multi-dimensional flavour that is quite deep, and considering it is an IPA, is quite balanced (if thats even possible when speaking of an IPA :D )

Be careful though. I recall having one or two that were from what I would call a 'spoiled batch' - one dimensional, unbalanced; somewhat reminiscent of my first home-brewed IPA I made. I can only assume that they were dealing with consistency issues at the time.

MMmmmm... breaks my heart thinking how I can't get it anymore...

I wasn't as big of a fan, I did like the one with the devil on it though.. I forget the name right now.. The damned or something.

La Fin Du Monde is the best from them. Alchohol content is just right and it's so tastey.

I also like delerium nocturnum, tremens is good, but mighty mighty sweet.

I had a bells called the Lakes. It's a pretty good lager actualy.

I also like surley quite a bit bit the price is nonsense.

I tried the Bell's Expedition Stout last night..

It smelled great, and the tasted matched it nicely. I scored it low drinkability and mouthfeel though. It's very chocolaty, dark roasty and heavy... also 10%. It just doesn't finish well in my opinion, not a good session brew, but one that'll warm you up.

Got some beermail today..

Troegs - Rugged Trail Nut Brown Ale

Troegs - Troegenator Doublebock

Victory - HopDevil Ale

I had a bells called the Lakes. It's a pretty good lager actualy.

I also like surley quite a bit bit the price is nonsense.

I want to try all of the Bell's!

I'd like to try some Surley! There seems to be lots of positive feedback on that.

Today I received

Bell's Doublebock

Stone Russian Imperial Stout

Great Lakes Blackout Stout

Surley is great! I might get some tonight... I'm having a rough day and it's only 9:00 am.

It's amazingly expencive though. It's just way too much $$ to drink with any regularity.

Endurance Pale Ale, Arrogant Bastard ale, Snake Bite, Twin Ports Flat Tire ale are a few of my faves, although i have to say that in the summer i enjoy a nice dos equis ambar or imperial

Arrogant Bastard ale

I'd like to try this as well. Any idea how it compares to the DFH Immort Ale? I love that brew.

Oh and today I got..

Three Floyds Black Sun Stout

Thirsty Dog Imperial Stout

I work for a Budweiser dist. company and get to taste all the new beers. I love dark beer and try as many dark beers as i can find such as Kalamazoo lager,celebrator,xxx stout,mackeson,hobgoblin,kalamazoo double cream stout. these are a few I have had latly. Really loved the double cream stout and the hobgoblin!!!!

I work for a Budweiser dist. company and get to taste all the new beers. I love dark beer and try as many dark beers as i can find such as Kalamazoo lager,celebrator,xxx stout,mackeson,hobgoblin,kalamazoo double cream stout. these are a few I have had latly. Really loved the double cream stout and the hobgoblin!!!!

Bell's does make some great brew.

I don't like Mackeson. It's made with milk, and just isn't tasty to me.

I found a liquor store tonight with the biggest beer selection I've ever seen before. They even had the Ska beers I found in Durango.

Here's what I picked up:

beersp3.jpg

Nice catch AcidBurn!

Since Friday I've had..

Black Sun Stout - Three Floyds Brewing Co. (one of the best brews I've had)

Belhaven Scottish Ale - Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd. (This was awesome!)

Traquair House Ale - Traquair House Brewery (this was like no other!)

Great Lakes Blackout Stout - Great Lakes Brewing Company (This was ok)

HopDevil Ale - Victory Brewing (Was ok...)

Tr

just finished OXford hefeweizen

by far the most banana'ish hefeweizen to date. Had it with some potatoes/onions and homemade seasoned salt. very tasty, though it had a lot more head than most of the hefeweizens i've had. It actually filled my big boy by the time half the bottle was poured. Not overly yeasty, but IMO not quite yeasty enough either.

I tried bell's red (or was it amber?) ale the other day. Didn't like it at all, too hoppy for me, and i hate hoppy.

We have some flying dog hefeweizen in the fridge and i think we got a bad batch because we've shared 3 out of the 6-pack. the first was ok, the 2nd was awful, we poured it out, and the 3rd was great. good beer or not that kind of variance makes it too risky to buy.

and btw, how the fuck do you all drink pale ales? For the life of me i can't stand them. When we were at beer fest they had hopps and barley just out in the open and i can't even stand the smell of hopps. I love the roasted barley though, i could pack that stuff up as a lunch snack.

the rest of the lineup that we got from the vintage cellar is...

Belgian Floris Apple

Stoudt's Weizen

Southern tier Raspberry wheat beer

Hofbrau Munchen Hefeweizen.

The flavored ones are the gf's picks.

I cannot stand Hefeweizen's! I can drink about everything else though.

Today I had a Anchor Liberty Ale.. good stuff. I love malty/yeasty beers! This pale ale was not that hoppy. Last night I had a Southern Star pale ale which is from Texas and came in a can. It had an excellent hop/malt balance. I'm liking pale ales more and more.

I just got some Fuller's 1875 in the mail, can't wait to try it. I like that they are pint size bottles.

I've had so much beer this past week... my poor palate!

vladd.. let us know how those beers turn out for ya.

Cheers!

I love beer. Just had a Bell's Oberon and a Blue Moon on tap for my friends 21st. My favorite beer however comes from here: http://www.keweenawbrewing.com/ I love anything of theirs except for their Pale Ales, not a fan of those from any brewery.

OK I'm a month or tow late to the party here but this brewing company rocks ... was underage when I was there the first few times (only drank their birch beer ... root beer) ... but gotten a few pigs since then and it's the chit!