KickinAudio

Any beer snobs here?

wait, what's wrong with Corona? It's not that bad.

Not that bad compared to what? Keystone Light? The Beast?

Had some Russian beer on the way home. Bought a New Belgium sampler the other night. Surprised by the Old Cherry. Only thing out of the sampler that I've tried so far.

Everyone knows Lone Star is the best beer to have ever been conceived

sorry, had to

I'll show myself out now

It's better than Steel City...

Not a real "beer snob", but anyone into beer? I'm talking people who actually stay away from Bud and Corona etc.

Anywho.. I'm into Trappist Ales/Belgin's.. porters, stouts, ambers...

I actually started doing beer trading, I'm all into it now.

What about you?

Respect Beer!

I like Sam Adams Summer Ale & Cherry Wheat

Not a real "beer snob", but anyone into beer? I'm talking people who actually stay away from Bud and Corona etc.

I think anyone who consciously avoids macrobrews like Bud, Miller, Coors, Milwaukee, etc. would probably consider themselves a "beer snob" (In a good way) :)

Tonight's selection:

Well how was it??

the Iron City and the Christian Moerlein were pretty standard lagers I guess, I enjoyed them

the Shiner Blonde was good, not the best blonde I've ever had though

I'm drinking the JW Dundee's Amber Lager right now and I'm not so sure I like it, really woody flavor, kind of like the beer version of jack daniels or somethingg

I have fallen in love with a dark beer called bender, it's made by surly and from here in MN. Brooklyn park I beleive. Amazing. It comes in cans which I was skeptical at first, but if you pour into a glass... Wonderfull.

Yep, those Surly cans are deceiving at first. But crack 'em and pour 'em and they are fine.

Anyone happen to notice what some bars are doing with Guinness? For joints that don't have it on tap, they've replaced the widget cans with a plain old can called the Surger. The crack the can, pour it and then put it on an electrical plate (the Surger) that creates the classic cascading head effect. Weeeee fun! http://www.guinness.com/us_en/surger/

If I go into a bar that doesn't have Guinness on tap, it doesn't become a place that I go back to ;):)

Oh, and I plan on it.

Man, you're lucky. Make sure to skip over the border in Belgium and have a Flanders' special....