Sign in to follow this  
ibsmooth

flying back to the us

I will be flying back to the states from Kuwait in two days and if some one could help me out and show me what I need to do that would be great. I will be in Charlotte, NC area for about 21 days. I would like to start putting my truck together when I get back to Kuwait. I am willing to travel to see as many set ups as I can. Please help thanks for your time charles

Right now I have 2 TC Sound 18' Ultra LMS with a 200 amp alternator one red top batt one 1400 kinetik and one IA40.1. I

moved to IA forum since it seems to me you are asking what is an acceptable electrical system for an IA40.1

It is enough juice :)

From my experience you do not need an isolator. I tried one of those amps on 3 batts similar to the HC2400 in specs and during power tests the voltage didn't drop below 12.4V (car was off, batts were fully charged)

From my experience you do not need an isolator. I tried one of those amps on 3 batts similar to the HC2400 in specs and during power tests the voltage didn't drop below 12.4V (car was off, batts were fully charged)

cool but how do i keep the volts up passed 13.0

well are you talking about staying at 13.6 at idle or while driving?

with the a/c on or off

with the headlights on?

heated seats... there are so many veribials.

i have one saz 3000d.... sitting at a stoplight for more then 1 mins. with the headlights on and a/c on.. no music playing at all im at 12. ur my screens heated seats and lights and s/c im near 11.

but i can RUN ALL THAT... while wangin running down the road at 13.6.

your saying you never wanna dip below 13.6... well you need a power plant... your gonna need 3 alts, 24 powermaster cells. and a big wallet

cool but how do i keep the volts up passed 13.0

We never tried it with the engine on and I never said we were over 13v :D

well are you talking about staying at 13.6 at idle or while driving?

with the a/c on or off

with the headlights on?

heated seats... there are so many veribials.

i have one saz 3000d.... sitting at a stoplight for more then 1 mins. with the headlights on and a/c on.. no music playing at all im at 12. ur my screens heated seats and lights and s/c im near 11.

but i can RUN ALL THAT... while wangin running down the road at 13.6.

your saying you never wanna dip below 13.6... well you need a power plant... your gonna need 3 alts, 24 powermaster cells. and a big wallet

well two things one I would like for it not to drop below13.0 while sitting banging the music if possible but driving 13.5 is it possible with the set up i have or do I need to add something else?

the problem at idle is that alternators put out way less power there. Even 150 amp alts will only put out 60 at idle. So if you'd want the voltage to stay high you'd need like 4 alternators so that you can get over 200-250 amps just at idle.

As Adrian said, you'll probably have enough battery power to stay at 12+. But your alternator's voltage will quickly become overloaded at idle and you'll be down to just battery voltage. So what you'd need to do is find enough alternator(s) whose total idle amperage would be over.......200 at least I'd say.

the problem at idle is that alternators put out way less power there. Even 150 amp alts will only put out 60 at idle. So if you'd want the voltage to stay high you'd need like 4 alternators so that you can get over 200-250 amps just at idle.

As Adrian said, you'll probably have enough battery power to stay at 12+. But your alternator's voltage will quickly become overloaded at idle and you'll be down to just battery voltage. So what you'd need to do is find enough alternator(s) whose total idle amperage would be over.......200 at least I'd say.

Cool that sound like a plan I was thinking of adding another alternator maybe a 300 amp one to go with the 200 I already have. but 12+ is still not bad. Thanks for all your help friends