Sign in to follow this  
jimbo

Signal processing options

I have a Denon DCT-A100 HU and I have been looking for some good external signal processors since the Denon has absolutely nothing as far as processing goes. I'm basically looking for at least a 30 band EQ that has all your basic features, time alignment, etc. What are my options? My setup is as follows:

2 Fi Q 12's (possibly upgrading to 18's in the future) running in an IB

Sundown SAZ-1500 on the subs

And what's coming soon:

Hybrid Technologies Legatia 3-way set (8" woofer, 4" midrange, 1" tweeter)

Sundown SAX-100.4 on the mids and woofers

Sundown SAX-100.2 on the tweets

Forgot to mention I'm looking for all out SQ. I want whatever will allow me to get everything tuned perfectly, and won't degrade the signal.

Are there any other methods of controlling that unit?

Edited by jimbo

Any Alpine deck that offers Ai-Net control can accurately tune it.

I've got the W205.

Pioneer P9 combo would also work.

The Behringer 2496 with a 12v mod will do what you need as well.

Pioneer P9 combo would also work.

The Behringer 2496 with a 12v mod will do what you need as well.

Audison Bit one is coming soon. I have a Denon DCT1000R and am waiting patiently fing05.gif

I'm thinking the Behringer 2496 is my best choice so far. That's exactly what I was looking for. Can ayone give me some info on how to do the 12v mod, and does it have RCA outputs? What do I need to get it working in my truck?

You need to buy a 12v power supply from someone. Perhaps someone reading this can link you to a thread where that is possible, at the moment I would have to search a bunch but could later if no one else does.

My vote would be for the dbx Driverack, personally :)

You need to buy a 12v power supply from someone. Perhaps someone reading this can link you to a thread where that is possible, at the moment I would have to search a bunch but could later if no one else does.

What kind of power supply do I need? DC-AC, DC-DC or what? Whar kind of converter do I need to go from XLR to RCA?

The DriveRack looks nice, but I like how the Behringer has the RTA processor along with the other meters. That was another thing that I was looking for, and that eliminates another piece of equipment.

That Behringer is REALLY hissy..

I wouldn't recommend it. Not to mention you have to change the balanced outputs and inputs it has to unbalanced.

The RTA inside of it doesn't work well at all.

That Behringer is REALLY hissy..

I wouldn't recommend it. Not to mention you have to change the balanced outputs and inputs it has to unbalanced.

The RTA inside of it doesn't work well at all.

Ah. I really just don't want to buy the separate controller and clutter up my dash with it. Not to mention it costs more than twice as much as my other options. Are there any other good plug and play options?

What do I have to do to convert the balanced i/o to unbalanced i/o?

And to JimJ: Which model of the DriveRack would you reccomend?

Edited by jimbo

That link would be it. I only brought up the 2496 since I have seen one modded, the driverack I have not.

I would also consider that RTA useless.

As for the rux for the H701 put it in your glovebox, not your dash. Problem solved. Also by the time you mod the Behringer and get a pc you will have WAY more money into it than the H701/C701

I didn't even realize that I need to have a pc to use the Behringer. I guess I'm going for the Alpine then.

RF 3sixty? PPI 730 (if you can find one)?

The RUX doesn't have to be connected all the time. You can set up the H701 and disconnect it.

All the settings stay.

Should I just get rid of the Denon and get a DEX/DEQ-P9 for $890? That would be by far my least expensive option.

I would. Not sure why the Denon in the first place. Love the P9 idea.

I would. Not sure why the Denon in the first place. Love the P9 idea.

It was mostly an impulse buy. Didn't think it all the way through. The p9 would definately be the easiest too.