Aaron Clinton

~~ SSA Protoype super8 ~~

Update: The super8 testing is going pretty well, it is doing fine now, but the one major limiting factor is the basket. We are going to have to move to an upgraded basket to really let this driver do what we really want it to do. The current one is limiting its capabilities and we really want this driver to stand out, and to reach that goal we have to switch baskets, along with a few other little tweaks.

Bad news: Adjustments pushes production back a while, and it raises our cost some.

Good news: Adjustments will show a noticeable improvement in performance across the board, end cost will stay the same and not be effected by the changes.

Side note: we will probably do a mini-run of these 8's, which will be identical to the prototype I am testing now that a few SSA members can grab to try out. But with the understanding that there are limitations to the current version and there will be upgrades to it.

Update: The super8 testing is going pretty well, it is doing fine now, but the one major limiting factor is the basket. We are going to have to move to an upgraded basket to really let this driver do what we really want it to do. The current one is limiting its capabilities and we really want this driver to stand out, and to reach that goal we have to switch baskets, along with a few other little tweaks.

Bad news: Adjustments pushes production back a while, and it raises our cost some.

Good news: Adjustments will show a noticeable improvement in performance across the board, end cost will stay the same and not be effected by the changes.

Side note: we will probably do a mini-run of these 8's, which will be identical to the prototype I am testing now that a few SSA members can grab to try out. But with the understanding that there are limitations to the current version and there will be upgrades to it.

:phatyo:

i'll bite..

how much? and how many?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yea, I could always play with a couple of them myself.

My sad update is that the jeep patriot will not be seeing a dedicated subwoofer with the fronts I picked out (besides my front speakers will reach down to 20 hz.)

i'll bite..

how much? and how many?

We don't want to give a price until we are positive. And less then 7.

i'll bite..

how much? and how many?

oh really?

pm me with details please, if i'm on the short list.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

^^^ ditto here Aaron... send me a pm too!

I'd like to be added to the list of potentials for the first 7 run. I can't wait for this. I'm trying to get away with just doing an 8" woofer for substage. And now i'm looking at the RLi-8 but i really want to wait till these come out. PM me with the details. puhlease

i'll bite..

how much? and how many?

oh really?

pm me with details please, if i'm on the short list.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Seeing as how I am more on the SPL side of the spectrum most times, if my name gets thrown in the hat to get one or two to play with, I am all about it. Just let me know and I would be MORE than happy to do a test and review.

J

When I am able to get a hold of our build house and get the mini run going I will get the list together for the SSA members who want one.

But in the mean time, here is a pair of pictures of the interior of the box so you can see there are no tricks. I can take a shot of the driver in its box here soon, just need time with day light and no rain, and for me to have both at the same time is very rare.

med_gallery_3_2_153122.jpg

med_gallery_3_2_70643.jpg

thats a helluva port. Can't wait to see what that thing does

i would also like to be a lucky one on the list of testers. and that box is sexy. cant wait to see it with a sub in it.

Keep me on the PM list as well.

heh, look what i started, lol.

nifty looking lil cube! can't wait for combo pics!

and this sub will go great with my rl-i8. i gots to get one, lol.

one of them will end up in the cooper!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Looks good Aaron. Cant wait to see it all finished, and hear how it sounds.

What are the specs on the box?

Looks good Aaron. Cant wait to see it all finished, and hear how it sounds.

What are the specs on the box?

It is actually finished, just needed to post interior shots for a few doubters. Thanks for the postive words, means more coming from a professional builder. I have been telling everyone it is a .5 @ 33hz because it is nice round numbers, but it is really .55 -.57 @ 32hz. It has been a while that I have sanded this much and used zero screws. The sad thing is I have to do a ton of sanding because at our current house, in the above pictures you are looking at the entire extent of my work shop. :P

When I have some extra time I will go back and pour in the resin corner curves.

I'll just beat up the fat kid and take his. No need to PM me.

:D

Why would u wanna do that? And how did u know i was fat anyway?

you are welcome to try. You will loose though :)

you are welcome to try. You will loose though :)

look over there is cake-------------------------->

LOL.....cupcakes work better....... fing05.gif

Still no spec for the mighty 8"?

All I need to know is sensitivity, xmax (due to sealed box) and RMS rating...

Could you be kind to realease a quick hint just to have people drooling over their keyboard?