Aaron Clinton

~~ SSA Protoype super8 ~~

As a major portion of the driver is changing, it is effecting a number of things which in turn effect the T/S, xmax, and rms, it would only hurt us to release those specs on a driver that is not the one that is reaching production, it would cause confusion and problems. But as soon as we have the new version, specs will be up for sure.

:)

i needs one for the new system i'm putting together. Want to see if i can get away with just 1 8" instead of a 10". And i'd like to stick with SSA instead of going to SoundSplinter

:edit: Quick question. I know you can't say the price but is it going to be comparable to a RLi-8? j/w

Edited by bigtoepfer

We actually do not have a price set yet because the changes will effect our cost. Another portion it would not help if we stated it now as it would only cause problems or confusion down the road when things could easily change.

ya thats what i figured. Just wonderin

ya thats what i figured. Just wonderin

We, being such a small net based company, and so much info or data about our drivers being placed here on the forums, we have to make sure things are for set in stone before we post up anything. :)

Heh... Seems like you're a really tough guy to get infos from :P

Then how about telling us what kind of technology has been used (the one that will remain on the final product even though the basket is being remodelled)

In a similar manner than for the SI Mag:

-voice coil size

-motor topology

-mounting depth if finalized

-shorting ring or not

-cone material

-surround material

things like that. Sorry to sound impatient but I have been willing to change my sub since September 2007.

Thank you,

Kelvin

Voice coil will be a 2" coil

no shorting ring planned

same cone and surround material as the Icon

:)

i think this is the longest hard i have had.cant wait for it to come out. have you tested it out yet in the box you built. and if you did would you grace us with some vids to make my hard on harder.lol

Video's aren't revealing and are actually misleading. I am horribly opposed to them and if you are choosing anything based on them you really shouldn't. If their purpose is just to excite you I suppose it is fine, but using them to compare drivers is silly.

I am also glad that Aaron is not releasing any details on the driver. I consider it a rather bad business practice to be too specific, until things are finalized. And considering the reason that they are not finalized is in his quest for perfection to make sure that this is one bad ass 8, it would be great if everyone would support that fact and patiently wait for the prototype to be finalized and production to begin. From speaking with him personally I know this sub is going to rock and really look forward to its release and can't wait to see, hear and feel it myself!

i think this is the longest hard i have had.cant wait for it to come out. have you tested it out yet in the box you built.

Yes, it has been in the test box I pictured earlier. With and with out some polyfil to mess with approx sizing. As it did well in that box, I cannot take that performance as what will reach production because of the limitations of the basket, so the changes could effect output and clarity. Meaning the adjusted version for production might not like the box I am using, it might preform better in a smaller box for example. If we wanted to, we could move to production with the 8 as it is now, but we wanted a little more out of the driver so it would really stand out. :)

i think this is the longest hard i have had.cant wait for it to come out. have you tested it out yet in the box you built.

Yes, it has been in the test box I pictured earlier. With and with out some polyfil to mess with approx sizing. As it did well in that box, I cannot take that performance as what will reach production because of the limitations of the basket, so the changes could effect output and clarity. Meaning the adjusted version for production might not like the box I am using, it might preform better in a smaller box for example. If we wanted to, we could move to production with the 8 as it is now, but we wanted a little more out of the driver so it would really stand out. :)

I like the sound of that ;)

I like the sound of that ;)

as do i

its been a few weeks since i heard how this things are coming along.

We are still awaiting the basket improvements. As it is new tooling it takes time. I know it has frustrated some people as the excitement/interest in this sub woofer is high, but we would rather take the extra time and get it the way we want it the first time. We know that people will want to push the driver to the limits and then some, and we don't want to have any issues with the basket limiting excursion or coming in contact with the moving mass that could cause possible failure. :)

its been a few weeks since i heard how this things are coming along.

We are still awaiting the basket improvements. As it is new tooling it takes time. I know it has frustrated some people as the excitement/interest in this sub woofer is high, but we would rather take the extra time and get it the way we want it the first time. We know that people will want to push the driver to the limits and then some, and we don't want to have any issues with the basket limiting excursion or coming in contact with the moving mass that could cause possible failure. :)

thank you for the update. i am waiting the release as i need a sub the will perform well but haveing no space sucks

any update on this?

We are still awaiting the upgraded baskets. The mini-run of non-production 8's are built and should be in transit to us now. :)

any update on this?

We are still awaiting the upgraded baskets. The mini-run of non-production 8's are built and should be in transit to us now. :)

sweetness thanks for the update. and cant wait to see what these thing will do

So do you know who's gettin the first few for testing? cuz u know i don't have subs in the car atm so it would be easy to build a box for it and i have a # of amplifiers i can test it on. "wink wink"

So do you know who's gettin the first few for testing? cuz u know i don't have subs in the car atm so it would be easy to build a box for it and i have a # of amplifiers i can test it on. "wink wink"

yeah i would like to know also. lol

any update on this?

do you know when the mini-run will take place?

any update on this?

They are built, just need to go over a few details with the build house. :)

any update on this?

They are built, just need to go over a few details with the build house. :)

cool cool cant wait