Qckrun

Alien Ware Computers

Does anyone have an Alien Ware computer or know someone who has one? I'm thinking about getting one, but I was wondering what everyones take on Alien Ware is. I've heard if you want a gaming computer this is the way to go. What is everyones thought on this?

I'll post the computer im looking at soon.... Still deciding on what I want included in the computer.

If you know how to build it yourself, then thats usually the cheapest ways to do it.

If not I'd compare it against the XPS by Dell. Probably the most you'd want out of the two is the warranty.

I own three alienware systems along with a few homebuilt. It can be cheaper to purchase everything yourself and put one together, but you do not get the same support and warranty as you do if you purchase a pre-built system. Alienware is definately worth it if you are going to buy one and can afford it, but make sure your pocket book can handle it.

You could build the same computer for half the cost of an alienware computer..... but those alienware's are one of the best pre-built computers you can buy.

You could build the same computer for half the cost of an alienware computer..... but those alienware's are one of the best pre-built computers you can buy.

ok you go out and piece together and alienware system, then price out all of the exact same components and prove to me you can do it for half the cost. Include in there the software that you would normally receive, or just windows. You can't...you will save a few hundred (maybe a thousand or so if you have a MASSIVE system like mine) but you will never find it for half the cost.

Like you guys said, it would definately be cheaper to do it yourself. But if you bought a PC from Alienware, the hardware and software would be set-up real good. It would probably be a little faster.