_HeC_

ported box for 2 10" RL-i's

so what do people recommend for a ported box for 2 10" RL-i's?? im looking more for something to shake the chit out of u when ur in the car lol

specs say 0.3 - 1.2 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 22 - 36 Hz but its pretty vague IMO... any help would be appreciated as i need more output then what im getting now

Edited by _HeC_

What kinda car/truck is it going into? What kinda power are you sending to them? I personally would say 1.5-2 cubes ported (after displacement) for both. :neil:

going into a 96 lumina(car, not the van) right now im running a MA audio amp that is supposed to do 1200rms but im guessing it does more around 1000rms.... im hoping to fix my hifonics BX1500D and using that in the near future

as u can see LOTS of room in the turnk :P

stereo054.jpg

what should i tune it to? i was thinking around 30?

Edited by _HeC_

I would blame the amp at first...it doesn't look too strong on the inside...certainly not 1.2kw

For more output you could try tuning a little higher...32-33 maybe ?

ya i have a feeling the amp is playing a part in it aswell, i got it for cheap when my hifonics went to chit so i grabbed it as i needed some bass

A nice "daily" tuning is around 34-36hz. That'll give you some pretty good output. I like the low end stuff, so I have mine ported to 30hz. A good 600-800rms (true power) and those subs should get pretty loud and sound good doing it. :neil:

i agree with ox...

1.5-2 cubes net, tuned 30-34hz depending upon your musical tastes. want the low, lows? 2ft^3@30, want numbers on a meter? 1.5@36 or higher. want a nice blend? 1.6-1.75 @ 34hz. my personal tastes (mostly metal mixed with some hip hop and boom) would lend itself to the last setup.

also, the 600-800wrms would be perfect. so if you think the current amp is around 1k, your set.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i probably wont go above 36hz, my last setup was tuned to 39hz and it got fairly loud and read decent on the termlab but i wanna try tuning lower to see how the lows will hit... i listen to mostly hiphop

has anyone used the box making program on the RE site? if so is it accurate?

how does this look?

soundsplinter-32hz.jpg

Hip hop doesn't really have lows....

I would blame the amp at first...it doesn't look too strong on the inside...certainly not 1.2kw

taking care of this problem.... MA amp is now sold, picking up my new amp in about a hours time fing05.gif might kill my stock electrical system though as it has 2 70 amp fuses on it, well almost stock i have the BIG 3 done lol

Edited by _HeC_

Hip hop doesn't really have lows....

how do u figure??

the new amp, chitty cell phone pic

Photo1278.jpg