Twitch

Who has one of these subs?

what are you using to push it? wattage?

any spl numbers?

comparable to jl or re?

i'm considering a pair of these the premiums

but i'm not sold... all the product sites are telling me they are a great product... i want to hear from the consumer..

right now i'm leaning toward the re-se, or the magnum-d2

but someone mentioned this company to me.

i'm in no rush i'm just trying to do some research and get a good deal for my money

anyone owned both or all 3?

i can tell ya this man, i havent heard any of em but wit soundsplinter, you pay a lil more than the se but you get like twice the quality, and youd need the same rms for either one

just a thought...

Tom

i'm currently running an rl-p12 in a 1.25ft^3 sealed enclosure off a hifonics nemesis nx750d. it is an awesome sub!

it gets loud, it gets low and it sounds great! the price helps as well, as it's competitive with anything out there.

if ur wanting all out spl, these might not be the sub u want, and the power u've hinted at is a touch morre then mike would recommend in a vented enclosure. not that they couldn't handle it,i believe they would, mike would suggest that for the life of the sub, that wouldn't be a good choice.

about 750 wrms is pretty close to max he'd recommend a piece in a vented enclosure. however, with that much power, they would indeed get ungodly loud!

but since ur in no big hurry, around summer, fall of 2005, mike has hinted to a UC woofer, capable of handleing 2500-3000 wrms with ease!

email mike@soundsplinter.com tell him what ur after, he'll get back to ya quick with an honest answer...he won't just say what u want to hear in order to sell his product!

hope that helped..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

what are you using to push it? wattage?

any spl numbers?

comparable to jl or re?

i'm considering a pair of these the premiums

but i'm not sold... all the product sites are telling me they are a great product... i want to hear from the consumer..

right now i'm leaning toward the re-se, or the magnum-d2

but someone mentioned this company to me.

i'm in no rush i'm just trying to do some research and get a good deal for my money

anyone owned both or all 3?

Well I'm not going to tell you that my subs are any better than the Re's or Magnum's, because it doesn't matter what I think anyway.. everyone will have a different preferance. I personally think they are a much better value however, and though Kent is right that I'm not one to advocate massive amounts of power, those amps you listed will work fine as long as you listen responsibly. Just realize that burned voicecoils and such fall under what I like to call customer negligence and will not be covered under warranty! I'm currently playing around with two of the RL-i drivers and a 3,000 watts, so it's not impossible to let the juice flow freely, you just have to use good judgement and caution when you do.

Hit me up with an email (if you haven't already, just walked in the door and haven't ran through my messages yet today) and we can discuss more.

I'm currently playing around with two of the RL-i drivers and a 3,000 watts,

3000wrms on a pair of subs rated for 300 a piece?? :wacko:

i guess i'll just shut my mouth for now on.. :ph34r: about how much power these things will take :lol:

hmmmmmm, maybe i can get scott to loan me that mojo for the prix?? hehehahahehehaha

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

in about a week i think i'm gonna order 2 15s.

and a power acoustik 2500 mono block

i want to start on the box... but i have no idea how to make it..

i'll check the other threads unless someone wants to throw me some free instructions

in about a week i think i'm gonna order 2 15s.

and a power acoustik 2500 mono block

i want to start on the box... but i have no idea how to make it..

i'll check the other threads unless someone wants to throw me some free instructions

with mdf silly!! :lol:

but for real, i need u to give me the max measurements where u are going to put this box. if it is a trunk, make sure that the max measurements allow u to put the box into the trunk, or u'll have to build a new box or build in the trunk.

u'll also need to assemble a few items....

1:a jigsaw (or router with a circle cutiing jig) to cut out the mounting spots for the subs

2: a router, for the above, and to route out ur port

3: a table saw or circular saw..to make ur pieces for the box....u can also have home depot/lowes make the cuts for u, u just take them the measurements

4: a cordless drill for screwing the box together..of course a brad gun and brads will also work.

5: screws..#6 drywall screws 1 1/2" long..or #16 brads 1 1/2" long (1 1/4" will also work)

6: liquid nails (wood glue will work) to glue the pieces together

7: various drill bits...one to drill the hole so u can route out the port and cut out ur sub mounts...one to pre-drill for ur screws

that's the basics......after u give me (or anyone else who wants to help..hehe) ur max measurments, i'll give u the basic layout for u r box.

and it starts...hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

my problem is i'm getting a new car in spring... but i can't go that long without bass

i'm getting a 97-99 gsx... its a hatchback... but i can't find measurements anywhere

I have never used a router in making boxes before...

All you need is a table saw/circle saw, jigsaw, and drill.

Or if you can find somebody to hook you up at home depot, you could get it done with just a jigsaw and a drill. just have everything ready when you go over there.

hmmm...

anyone on here make boxes?

heh... i dont' have all those tools

:lol: a lot of us make boxes, but shipping them is $$$$..

gnomeaudio foums is just about that, that's what they are in business for....i believe u can get a price quote at www.gnomeaudio.com

97droptopz...never used a router in building ur box? wow....i always round off my corners and route out the ports..they look so much better...

but, they aren't necessary...

good luck in ur quest Twitch

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the box could always be pre cut and shipped in pieces so he would just have to drill it togethor ;)

the box could always be pre cut and shipped in pieces so he would just have to drill it togethor ;)

that is true....

so what u hint'n at?? :lol: :ph34r:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

noone is too willing to help me get the measurements i need...

any suggestions on how to get the measurements of a car you don't have?

nah i'm not competing..

i was told 41hz was a good place to for sl

below was mostly sq and above 45hz was for sl

but... i don't know to much.

i'm really learning right now

41 seems a little high, but I may be wrong, Mike is the man ont his one

41 is a little high for a mix of sq/spl for most subs. I think 30-40 are great numbers for street beaters.

ur doing just one 15" rl-p?

okay..i think u want to tune lower as well...maybe 34hz at the highest...

i'll throw some numbers together...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I would recomend having someone in your area make one for you or order one from something like gnomeaudio. I just built my first box and i spent a month planning and researching before i did it and realized i still wasnt ready. it sounds great and looks good but i would recomend reasearch first...