myself I use the "My Disc" and the 2000 IASCA SQ tune up disks.

as for "Regular" music I use dire Straits Brother in Arms CD, Enya(for imaging), and any AC/DC for the in your face guitar riffs.

I am trying to see if I can get a broad sound from just one set of alpine SPX 177a comps. with modified Crossovers in my doors and using a pillar placements for the tweets---those and the Adire Audio Kodas have some of the best off axis response I have tested in a speaker.

I personally like to listen to a live disc that can be watched on DVD also like Hell freezes Over from The Eagles or Yanni Live at the Acropolis. That gives you a good idea of where the imagining should come from and you see the instruments being played so you know when and where they should come in. You can't listen and watch at the same time unless you have an in dash screen but if you know the DVD well you will know what to listen for. For setting up the imaging for pure SQ you always need pink noise and an RTA at least to get it perfect.

I personally like to listen to a live disc that can be watched on DVD also like Hell freezes Over from The Eagles or Yanni Live at the Acropolis. That gives you a good idea of where the imagining should come from and you see the instruments being played so you know when and where they should come in. You can't listen and watch at the same time unless you have an in dash screen but if you know the DVD well you will know what to listen for. For setting up the imaging for pure SQ you always need pink noise and an RTA at least to get it perfect.

RTA for RTA scoring only---i have used them--hell i have one---but I never use it---a RTA is used to see when you need to bump up a certain frequency---I will NEVER tune to a flat RTA sheet---I did once---can you say flat and boring music?As humans we love peaks and valleys in our music.

I LOVE the hell freezes over CD from the Eagles, "Hotel California" is THE BEST!Good call on that one :D

Well you need to start from flat so you know what is going on at every frequency then you tune from there. I personally tune it to how I like to hear it and I don't care what people think about it. SQ is subjective anyway.

Dire Straits

Dave Matthews Band

Pink Floyd

Joe Satriani

Seal

Sarah McLachlan

Rush

Eric Clapton

Dido

Santana

Eagles

Clair Marlo

Chic Corea

The Verve

IASCA/USACi discs as well. Etc, etc, etc.

- Steve

pink floyd is in the cd player right now.

B)