Sign in to follow this  
ibsmooth

Shipping Advise

Well I have two tc sound ultra lms 18" and want to ship from the states NC to Kuwait. What should I do and or who should I use to ship them if I have to? Should I separate them and ship them that way or take them back with me in two separated suit cases. I like option two my self, but what do you guys think. I leave on friday so please help me out. Thanks for your time friends

Edited by ibsmooth

Can they fit in a suitcase?. At least with shipping you don't have to worry about the airport detaining the motors thinking that they contain uranium, lol. I doubt an airline would let you place them in your luggage. A) they weigh too much and B) national security would probably think they are some sort of explosive.

Can they fit in a suitcase?. At least with shipping you don't have to worry about the airport detaining the motors thinking that they contain uranium, lol. I doubt an airline would let you place them in your luggage. A) they weigh too much and B) national security would probably think they are some sort of explosive.

Yeah I think your right about that one so what you think I should separate them and just ship them throught the mail. Each subwoof is about 80lbs. I don't know how much they are separated.

Yea I would just ship the magnets to yourself. I'm sure the baskets will be luggage (and national security) friendly.

you could always hope the guard knew what a LMS ultra was, if that was the case i bet upgrades to first class would be issued. On a serious note, is their anyway you can even get the 80 pound drivers on the plane due to weight. Also im assuming you could ask someone if they are able to be cleared ??...

you could always hope the guard knew what a LMS ultra was, if that was the case i bet upgrades to first class would be issued. On a serious note, is their anyway you can even get the 80 pound drivers on the plane due to weight. Also im assuming you could ask someone if they are able to be cleared ??...

iirc the baskets only weigh like 26 lbs each... I think the motors would most definitely have to be shipped though.

iirc the baskets only weigh like 26 lbs each... I think the motors would most definitely have to be shipped though.

Thanks I think when they get here (in NC) I will just separate them and shipp them to my self in Kuwait. When I get back I will start to put my 03 yukon together. I can't wait to see and hear what it's going to sound like. two tc sound ultra lms on a ia40.1 amp. wow can't wait

Edited by ibsmooth