Loudon22

RL-S enclosure and power?

I am going to be getting an rl-s 12 ... and i need to get an enclosure for it ... i was previously running a rd alpha 15 and im switching over to the rl-s ...

i have an 01 focus hatchback and i was thinking a 4 cubed box upfiring

now ... amplifier is the issue ... the single 3 ohm limits the amplifier selection so what are most of the people running to it?

thanks guys

Mike

Nice choice on switching to the SoundSplinter. Are you going ported or sealed?

I am going to be getting an rl-s 12 ... and i need to get an enclosure for it ... i was previously running a rd alpha 15 and im switching over to the rl-s ...

i have an 01 focus hatchback and i was thinking a 4 cubed box upfiring

now ... amplifier is the issue ... the single 3 ohm limits the amplifier selection so what are most of the people running to it?

thanks guys

Mike

large 4ohm two channel....large regulated amp (jl slash, pg xenon iirc, alpine has one) or really, really big 1 or 2ohm mono block and run it at lesser power. 1-2k is plenty. i ran the proto 12 on an orion 2500d,stable to 1ohm(2500wrms @1),ran at 3 ohm for ~1200wrms, and off a factory h/u did a 139.9. in a small box! (2.5cubes @ 28hz w/32in^2 of port) too be honest, if you can find the older orion 2500d, it's perfect for the rl-s IMO. won't strain your electrical @ 3ohm (with box rise, definitely closer to 4) and if you add a second rl-s, you won't need to change amps.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: