Sign in to follow this  
BaSs_I_LoVe_YoU

Fi Subwoofer for Home Theatre?

hey guys im sum what of a A/V junkie and i own a velodyne sub..its the VRP series..and i love the sub but i want something a bit more bassier and a bit bigger...i currently own a 15" fi bl for my car so i know what fi's can do..but how about for home theatres..i knw there subs are made for cars but is it possible for home theatres,,i was thinking a 10 or 12 ssd?

thanks

.i knw there subs are made for cars

Who said that ? What classifies a sub as "made for car" or "made for home" ?

They make dual 2's and lots of plate amps are stable at 4 ohms. No reason why you couldn't put on sub in the house.

indeed. I have two "car audio" subs in my HT and I don't know how you'd tell the difference.

subs made more for home audio usually have a lower fs I think and are made to fit in larger boxes usually since there is much more room in home than in a car. But given those, you probably couldn't tell the difference between a car sub in it's recommended 1 cube box and a home sub in it's recommended 2 cube box, or whatever.

Edited by KU40

Fi does have an IB sub I believe, but it isn't on their site.

Sorry for the nood question, but what does IB stand for? See it used all the time and always get confused.

Infinite Baffle. The sub is mounted on a baffle and the back wave is completely isolated from the front. Imagine having 2 adiacent rooms, with the sub mounted on the wall between them.

IIRC, the IB sub from FI is a Q with some modifications :shrug:

Sign in to follow this