Yang

E8 took a bad fall when shipped

well i just got my e8 today and when i opened up the package, I found that it looks like the sub got smashed. where the gasket is the outside basket is dented in a good 1 inch or so...

dscf0304ac4.th.jpg

dscf0305sv7.th.jpg

dscf0306eo0.th.jpg

I was hoping to get to play with it today... but i guess that's gonna have to wait.

Yang

You can probably bend it back and it'll work fine if nothing is torn, otherwise let me know and I'll file a claim with UPS.

i'll give that a try and see how it goes.

Yang

UPS has been terrible this year. I have received more damaged goods than ever reguardless of the vender they came from.

UPS has been terrible this year. I have received more damaged goods than ever reguardless of the vender they came from.

UPS has been great to me other than the one package they lost

I receive 10 packages a week on average and many of them are pretty beat up. I have seen dented amps, busted subwoofers, broken MDF and speakers far too often in the past year. I have been in the industry since 1994 in this is the worst it has ever been.

And I have heard the same from a few of my friends who are in the industry.

You can probably bend it back and it'll work fine if nothing is torn, otherwise let me know and I'll file a claim with UPS.

Hey guys I just got both of my tc sound 18 lms today and one of mine had a crank in top of the frame also it will play fine I think, but I think I may have a problem with the mounting and sealing of the sub. I will post pictures of it later. I think I might be able to work with it. We will see.

Edited by ibsmooth

I have seen that happen many times.......really chaps my ass when i see it!

I mean seriously......how hard is it to pick up a box and NOT throw it 20 ft across the room :(

I mean seriously......how hard is it to pick up a box and NOT throw it 20 ft across the room :(

You'd be surprised what your packages go throuh before they get to you.

I work in a wharehouse for a big name retail store and it's amazing more things don't get broken.

It's not exactly the same system UPS and other shipping companies use, but very similar.

You'd be surprised what your packages go throuh before they get to you.

I work in a wharehouse for a big name retail store and it's amazing more things don't get broken.

It's not exactly the same system UPS and other shipping companies use, but very similar.

ya I know I work in the recieving area of a large discount store and you would be suprised how rough we are with stuff at the warehouse they pack the truck to the roof and to get to some of the boxes you have to knock them overhell just last night we had alot of boxes covered in pancake syrup and kitty litter and there wasnt a single box of sqrup on the damn truck

Sad stories. Maybe we should remind our sender to pack the goods the best way possible to protect the goods.

Sad stories. Maybe we should remind our sender to pack the goods the best way possible to protect the goods.

Jacob dose a very good job packing stuff but theres only so much you can do shipping and recieving departments are very rough areas for a package

I am really surprised to see an E8 frame bent that way. They are packed pretty tightly.

Any pics of the shipping cartons ?

I've also had a lot of bad experiences with UPS. One of the worst was when I ordered a 2-pack of RAM, and the box came open, with the internal clam pack open, and the one remaining stick of ram flying about in the box. I don't think RAM sticks just jump out of their clam packs, and rip the tape off the box. >.> Most of my other UPS packages come with various corners dented in, or holes in the side. I try to go FedEx or even USPS if I must.

the funny thing is the shipping box looks perfectly fine... except for the ding on the corner but i don't think that could of cause the basket to bend by that much

dscf0308jv3.th.jpg

dscf0309bb3.th.jpg

Edited by Yang

Jacob dose a very good job packing stuff but theres only so much you can do shipping and recieving departments are very rough areas for a package

yeah Jacob does pack the goods very well. It's really surprising how UPS poorly handled the sub.

Yang,

It must have fallen square on that corner from a substantial height, thats all I can imagine!

I'm not sure what I can do to protect against that... perhaps I'll make the box 1" wider both ways to give more room for crushing.

I need to post up pictures at some point of what customs did to a large number of Mach5 drivers that were shipped to my house. :(

I need to post up pictures at some point of what customs did to a large number of Mach5 drivers that were shipped to my house. :(

Poor drivers.

I work for the postal service..yes the good old snail mail, and they actually do throw your packages. The new machinery does help a little but people sorting manually don't care. They are just given instructions to move as much as possible as quickly as they can. I have even heard another employee say "If they cared they would insure it". Doesn't help the O.P. but gives everyone a little insight.

BTW--I'm not one of those people who throw...LOL!! ;)

i can testify that ups doesnt give a chit as well. I used to work in a shipping department for a gun warehouse and around christmas time they would just run over anything in the way with what ever they are driving. Had a few extremely high dollar Browning shot guns ran over by fork lifts that broke them into several pieces. nothing like getting a $5000 shotgun back in 4 or 5 pieces....

Hey attaboy. If you find a better packaging job done by a car audio company, for products in jacob's price target, let us know. Until than keep your mouth shut and stop trying to raise you post count with garbage spewing. Jacob's packaging is the best I have ever seen and I have yet to see a single product come to me that has been damaged from "poor packaging".