Yang

E8 took a bad fall when shipped

I straighten back the dent on the basket and mounted it up on a small sealed enclosure and the seal seems to be pretty good. Powered it up on the home stereo to see how it sounds and i'm liking it.

I'll be getting 2 more for the old lady soon.

Yang

it looks like someone using a forklift lowered it down next to that box by accident and smashed corner and quickly raised it back up to prevent the corner of the box from permanently being smashed.

Maybe it's just the facilities in your guys area.

I work for a warehouse and out of the 3 yrs so far, we've only had 1 package come in that was busted but it was kinda hard to prevent.

It was a 6ft long box full of fluorescent bulbs with little packaging...

Other than that, all the ups\fedex\dhl delivery trucks that come to drop stuff off, they handle everything perfectly fine. Nothing has ever been damaged.

Hell, even when i got all my lights and batts for my car. I was actually up in the ups truck with the guy gettin the batts off and everything in there was situated very neatly and locked in place, not physically locked but wouldnt fall or get slanged around.

Sad stories. Maybe we should remind our sender to pack the goods the best way possible to protect the goods.

Hey attaboy. If you find a better packaging job done by a car audio company, for products in jacob's price target, let us know. Until than keep your mouth shut and stop trying to raise you post count with garbage spewing. Jacob's packaging is the best I have ever seen and I have yet to see a single product come to me that has been damaged from "poor packaging".

I wasn't spoiling Jacobs packaging. Im talking about a general "sender" whom we might deal with in the future and then sendin 'em at UPS. I myself knows how Jacob packs the products properly and it's excellent no doubt about it. peace :D

I straighten back the dent on the basket and mounted it up on a small sealed enclosure and the seal seems to be pretty good. Powered it up on the home stereo to see how it sounds and i'm liking it.

I'll be getting 2 more for the old lady soon.

Yang

Great! I'm glad it worked out for you :)

To be honest, the frame needs foam around it to absorb impact. The cardboard is too strong and the frame bends a little too easy.

Other than that, Most of the speakers I got were perfectly fine, 1 was slightly bent, but that was an easy fix.

I have a friend who works for a metal fab company, and they do A LOT of business with UPS here in Houston. The problem is not the box handlers, it's the damn conveyors. They have these conveyors that are 20 feet plus in the air. Packages ride across them, and FALL OFF! My friend says he has personally seen people get knocked smooth out by a box falling off the conveyor and hitting them. Big boxes are the most likely to fall off. The small boxes ride well. Kinda backwards you would think but true. Many people ship me amps every day as you all know. The ones that come into my shop damaged the most are the ones who put their 1 x 8 x 12 amp in a 30 x 30 x 30 box. LOL The bigger box they use the more likely it is to fall off the conveyor, the more likely their precious amp is to get damaged... This sub probably got smooshed by a forklift fork going down, but could also have fallen off a conveyor.