Sign in to follow this  
NofearX18

1 ohm?

i bought a fully loaded Fi BTL 18", dual 1 ohm

I have a 1ohm stable amp. Hifonics Bx1605d for the moment until i buy my sundown 3000.

How do i wire the sub at 1 ohm?

:suicide-santa:

probably a newb question, i know and im sorry but i searched a while and couldnt find anything.

sorry i am just confused and dont have anyone near me who can do it or tell me with out charging. i am new-ish to the car audio thing but i know how to do most of it. Only 17.

please give me some pointers or a link to somewhere to give me a hand or something to make sure i do this rite.

Thanks in advance!!!

Nofear.

you can't

2 ohms or .5.

wiring the sub in parallel will give it a .5 ohm load (half what the coil is rated at) and in series will be a 2 ohm load (double what the coil is rated at). you can wire a pair of D1 voice coil subs @ 1 ohm...but not one. however if you get the sundown amp...it'll be able to run at .5 ohms. but for now you'll have to run it at 2 ohms

wiring the sub in parallel will give it a .5 ohm load (half what the coil is rated at) and in series will be a 2 ohm load (double what the coil is rated at). you can wire a pair of D1 voice coil subs @ 1 ohm...but not one. however if you get the sundown amp...it'll be able to run at .5 ohms. but for now you'll have to run it at 2 ohms

so what you are saying is that it isnt safe to run the sub on this amp?

Not if you wire it at .5 ohms. You can wire it at 2 ohms and be fine.

Although, that amp, even at 1 ohm is hardly a right fit for the BTL. 2 ohms will just be laughable.

Although, that amp, even at 1 ohm is hardly a right fit for the BTL.

x2. Seems like a lot of power for a single BTL.

Why don't you guys ask for an advice before buying ? It would save you some trouble.

Not if you wire it at .5 ohms. You can wire it at 2 ohms and be fine.

Although, that amp, even at 1 ohm is hardly a right fit for the BTL. 2 ohms will just be laughable.

yea its not going to be what i was expecting but i hpe its enough to get me by for alteast a month or 2... the amp will be sold and then the sundown will be installed.

basshead has givin me some great help and i guess i am stuck with the 2 ohm... now to figure out how to make this box... lol

Why don't you guys ask for an advice before buying ? It would save you some trouble.

i made a thread on here that was completely ignored... i talked to a couple people on youtube who told me if i was going to be getting a sundown that i should get the D1 option. so that being my only refference i went with them...

what do you mean "a lot of power for a single BTL" its a Hifonics Bx1605d which is like 1300rms at 1 ohm from what i have been told so at 2 its like what? 800?

i made a thread on here that was completely ignored... i talked to a couple people on youtube who told me if i was going to be getting a sundown that i should get the D1 option. so that being my only refference i went with them...

what do you mean "a lot of power for a single BTL" its a Hifonics Bx1605d which is like 1300rms at 1 ohm from what i have been told so at 2 its like what? 800?

Most of the users here think that if one is going to get himself into such a system, the person should know that a 1 ohm stable amp will need a dual 2 sub :shrug:

Sorry, I did not notice the thread.

I was talking about the 3000D when I said it's too much power. You can set the gains lower and you shouldn't have any trouble :D

What electrical upgrades do you have in mind ?

Probably be better off amp wise with a pair of SAE 1000ds either strapped or one wired to each coil. Cheaper, too.

Probably be better off amp wise with a pair of SAE 1000ds either strapped or one wired to each coil. Cheaper, too.

Hate to bump an old thread.....

I saw in his sig that he wants a SAZ-3000D, which would only work at 2 ohms or 0.5 ohms (running at 0.5 ohms removes warranty, sure you probably knew that though).

Pair of SAE-1000D's or a pair of SAZ-1500D's strapped at 2 ohms would do nicely.

Whichever works best for his budget.

The SAE-1000D's would be easier on his electrical too.

I saw in his sig that he wants a SAZ-3000D, which would only work at 2 ohms or 0.5 ohms (running at 0.5 ohms removes warranty, sure you probably knew that though).

Pair of SAE-1000D's or a pair of SAZ-1500D's strapped at 2 ohms would do nicely.

Hey,

Turns out I got a hold of Scott at Fi and he switched my BTL from D1 to D2 on the build slip. He said he did it himself but he left the shipping information as a D1 so im not sure how i can find out for sure except to take his word for it and wire it up at 1 ohm

Which means i can now use a 1 ohm setup. I still want to stick with my Sundown idea but i may got a different route if needed. I am worried about spending a ton since i have other priorities to deal with lately. but i have some things to sell aswell ;)

I learned how to wire it from a web page. great page too. heres the link:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_c...sp?Q=1&I=22

they have tons of good info there.

Sorry for the newbish questions. cant wait to wire my sub up and see what it sounds like.

Thanks for the help

Edited by NofearX18

Hey,

Turns out I got a hold of Scott at Fi and he switched my BTL from D1 to D2 on the build slip. He said he did it himself but he left the shipping information as a D1 so im not sure how i can find out for sure except to take his word for it and wire it up at 1 ohm

Which means i can now use a 1 ohm setup. I still want to stick with my Sundown idea but i may got a different route if needed. I am worried about spending a ton since i have other priorities to deal with lately. but i have some things to sell aswell ;)

Sorry for the newbish questions. cant wait to wire my sub up and see what it sounds like.

Thanks for the help

Nice, when you get the sub, you'll be able to use a DMM to check the ohm readings of each coil if ya want, just to be sure.

Hey,

Thanks for the help

Nice, when you get the sub, you'll be able to use a DMM to check the ohm readings of each coil if ya want, just to be sure.

I have the sub. its sitting rite next to me now lol.

A DMM? i will probably need to take the sub somewhere to do that, and from the looks of things i am pretty sure the place around here will charge me an arm an a leg just to do that for me. They tried charging me $75 for a Raptor 4 gauge amp kit... found it on ebay for $35... dont like going to the place.