snb778

RL-s... not popular???

what you don't think any of my current options will get as loud??

It's not the loud part that's infeasible, it's the "sounding better" part.

and yea that 18" avalanch is a good one to throw in the mix.... please comment

what do you want to know? the ava is a crazy low end sub, more designed for home audio but will work in car. only needs around 1200 to reach max, thermally it can take a little more but mechnically 1200 is around its limit. put it in a sealed box and you'll have a low end beast which almost nothing will mess with atleast not just a single woofer. output wise it'll be loud but i woudldn't expect 150 from it probally a mid 140 would be a good guess score wise. sq well everyone views will be different but it is xbl^2 so that should say a lot, although i have heared that it falls off above the 60hz range but your mid bass should be taking over by then.

what you don't think any of my current options will get as loud??

It's not the loud part that's infeasible, it's the "sounding better" part.

I got ya...I bet it will sound better... Aight, ive decided im going 18"... Now its Q w/BP 18" Avalanche (if I can find one...if anyone knows, please let me know) or the RL-p

anyone else.. any input before I go to bed?

ttt

There is an RL-p 18 for sale here on the forums. ;)

alrighty... did a little more research...saw the RL-p was only rated at 500-1000RMS.... anybody know if most people give it more than that?? cause that kinda turned me off. Lookin like im going to go with that 18" Q w/BP option.

alrighty... did a little more research...saw the RL-p was only rated at 500-1000RMS.... anybody know if most people give it more than that?? cause that kinda turned me off. Lookin like im going to go with that 18" Q w/BP option.

....but still ... Q doesnt take much more than 1.4kW .... i would GO with the Havoc ...IMO :drink40:

Edited by SEBASTO

why would that turn you off???

From what your stated goals have been - getting louder and sounding better than a 15" Type R plus utilizing your amps power range - I would personally go with two 12" RL-p's. It would match your power better than any of the 18s your looking at. And you'd only sacrifice a very small amount of cone area to double your power handling capabilities.

single 3 ohm....ouchhh...why even design it like that?

what is the new SSA driver coming out?

at the time the rl-s came out, it's coil technology could only be done in single 3 ohm. it's the first production LMS driver available.

you'll have to check out the SSA forum here. it's an 18, but i dunno what they are going to call it or if they are going to include it in the ICON line.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think the rlps will only be getting better