meccalli

all fi bl owners

hey all bl owners...this is my first post on ssa...umm...all owners of fi bls...please state your views on the bls overall performance and your personal listening experience with them.

hey all bl owners...this is my first post on ssa...umm...all owners of fi bls...please state your views on the bls overall performance and your personal listening experience with them.

sure things BOSS....

o yeah and welcome to ssa. why dont you log in..... before you make demands,

I don't own one, but have been around a few. I am surprised with the power handling in SPL burp applications.

sure things BOSS....

o yeah and welcome to ssa. why dont you log in..... before you make demands,

welll............demands im just asking persons who own bls to give their opinion..its a request.

i know this doesnt help you but i will be the proud owner of one soon...........if they will hurry up and ship it out already! ;)

i love my bls... i have 2 15's. thay take power like a champ, thay play hard, and look sexy,

Search "lincoln" here on ssa. i have tons of vids.

i know this doesnt help you but i will be the proud owner of one soon...........if they will hurry up and ship it out already! ;)

its ok...glad for u though.. my 2 18 bls will be coming wit santa...or ups around christmas :drink40:

i love my bls... i have 2 15's. thay take power like a champ, thay play hard, and look sexy,

dude...awesome.........liking this stuff much.....thank you god for making scott=fi..woohoo fing05.gif

dude...awesome.........liking this stuff much.....thank you god for making scott=fi..woohoo fing05.gif

what do you plan to power those 18's? and what kinda auto do you have

what do you plan to power those 18's? and what kinda auto do you have

well..as of now..my dad let me have the corrolla..old model hatch..however its tricked with red candy..mags..and a customed engine..as for electrical..the alt was rebuilt and puts out a mean 300 amps...along with this i recently bought a kinetic HC2000 to help..i plan on getting the mtx ta81001(3000watt mono)or maybe 2 lower powered and strap em cuz im not lookin to beat the crap outta the subs..just comfortably loud..(im lying)lol..maybe crazy loud who knows fing05.gif

Great subs..

Loved the output it had above 38hz anything below it just wouldn't hit with authority..

I loved the 15" BL I had but needless to say it lacked the low end authority that I crave for from a subwoofer...

Great subs..

Loved the output it had above 38hz anything below it just wouldn't hit with authority..

I loved the 15" BL I had but needless to say it lacked the low end authority that I crave for from a subwoofer...

you wanna run that by me again skippy?

Great subs..

ummm...should i be concerned at this point ..cuz i am a low boy :neil: but from what ive read..these woofers kill the low end .maybe not as good as the q but ...........bl not low...u need a better enclosure.

Great subs..

Ummmmm It lacked low end authority....

Im not saying it didn't have any low end just didn't have the low end that I was looking for...

Im sure the Fi Q would have suited my tastes more..

Before the BL I had a pair of 12" SSD's with copper coils and they had awesome low end authority...

BL is a great sub that I won't take away from it just didn't appeal to my likings overall..

I own AQ HDC3s 12s to be exact and 15s but not in this install.

Contact the member "phi" here and ask him what he thought of the demo i game him off of just 1 amp wired at a potential 1,300w load being delivered to 2 HDC312s.

The Fs of these subs are set at around 40hz. They are not no where near completely broken in yet, HEAVILY underpowered right now and is devastating the lows like crazy. The funny thing is there is about to be 4,500w being delivered to them.

If you are worried about losing some low end, HDC3 subs are mind blowing in the low end.

Also, i forgot to add, I demoed this install for "phi" when the suspension is still VERY stiff. The low end is just insane. When these subs are completely loosened up, the Fs will drop to around 32hz which is even better for your low end craving.

The BL is a great sub but I jus couldn't get it to hit the low notes like it would with the upper bass freqs...

Tried like 3 different boxes and I would gain in the low end of things but just wouldn't give you that deep knock that I was after..

So I sold it as I was strapped for cash..

I wish I would have gotten a Fi Q though instead. I am almost certain that that xmax friendly sub would have made me more than happy...

Edited by Jybfan04

i dont own a Fi product at all but what frequencies did you test the sub at?

I believe, if memory is right, is to tune between 30-37hz.

Did you ever try all the way down to 30hz?

im at 33 hrz, and im low real low...... but people do tell me to try the Q im not sure why... ill have to checkem out

Great subs..

Ummmmm It lacked low end authority....

Im not saying it didn't have any low end just didn't have the low end that I was looking for...

Im sure the Fi Q would have suited my tastes more..

Before the BL I had a pair of 12" SSD's with copper coils and they had awesome low end authority...

BL is a great sub that I won't take away from it just didn't appeal to my likings overall..

ye man...glad you state what you think about it..much appreciated.

I like the sound of my bros BL 12. I think it 'gets the lows' better than the alpine type-x I have in my wifes car, which is meant to be an sq sub.

I think you'll be happy with it in the right enclosure.

i was originally running a jl13w1v2-4 in the jl box with about 200-400 watts, i really enjoyed the sq of it, it just wasnt loud enough, so i decided to go for the BL

i got mine shipped withing 5 days, im running each off of a kicker 1000.1, got them boxed up last friday

im pretty sure they may b underpowered, the box is tuned to about 34hz, and they r f'ing loud, but they dont hit on the low ends. maybe i need to break them in, but most of the music i listen to doesnt sound as great as it used to

throw it up(lil jon n pastor troy) it kinda sounds like its burping, not continuous(again, i believe lack of power from the amps)

now game over(lil flip) it bumps and its pretty good

i also dled some test tones off of jensens website, and it sounds good. I believe it may b a power issue. so as of right now, given a 2nd chance, i would have done Qs.

I'll probably come back and tell you differently once i get more juice to them, what do the rest of you guys think, do i need more power?

sp wise, yes i got more than i actaully expected

I just got my bl 18 with cooling last Tuesday and that thing is insane. It has head cracking hight that are just and insane and the lows man the lows you'll be surprised. Some people say that they don't hit lows, but man you sit 15-20 feet from a decent sized window and play some three 6 screwed or Mike Jones screwed and the damn window looks as if it were to just shatter. The Bls are insane, personally I love them and wouldn't trade mine or my buddy's 15 for anything.

By far the best subs iv ever owned, I'm running 2 of them off 2 RF t1500-1bd's @ 1 ohm and I cant get the smile off my face :) the box is about 3.4 cubes @32hz.