meccalli

all fi bl owners

I just got my bl 18 with cooling last Tuesday and that thing is insane. It has head cracking hight that are just and insane and the lows man the lows you'll be surprised. Some people say that they don't hit lows, but man you sit 15-20 feet from a decent sized window and play some three 6 screwed or Mike Jones screwed and the damn window looks as if it were to just shatter. The Bls are insane, personally I love them and wouldn't trade mine or my buddy's 15 for anything.

got an bl 18 for your blazeR?

i got a loaded 10 bl. i love it. i had it on a t10001bd and a 20001bd. 142's t/l, car sealed. very musical. tried about 8 boxes and i reconed it once. i haven't used it much since. i have a build on here somewhere haven't been on here for a while.

Not getting lows out of your system is PROBABLY due more to the enclosure then subwoofer...

I have a BL 12 it is the best sub i have ever owned, it's cone movement is very controlled and the sq was more than what was expected, Handles what i throw at it like a champ, am very impressed

go to youtube and type in jesseadkins187 and check out my BL 18's on 2500 watts each

I have a Fi BL 12 2011 model, and this thing is insane, i have tuned to Fi's recommendation and man does it get busy , and goes very low, to me i call it the baby BTL because Nick told me it has the same suspension as the N2 or previous BTL!!! the sub is really overbuilt and super quality, and made in the USA, im just so so impressed with the sub and the whole company, Ive been in Car audio for 14yrs and i personally havent owned a driver of this caliber

Great subs..

Loved the output it had above 38hz anything below it just wouldn't hit with authority..

I loved the 15" BL I had but needless to say it lacked the low end authority that I crave for from a subwoofer...

what were the specs of the box it was in?

I have a 12 powered by an saz1500d. I love it; it sounds amazing and takes a lot of power.

Holy hell, talk about bringing back threads from the dead.

Great subs..

Loved the output it had above 38hz anything below it just wouldn't hit with authority..

I loved the 15" BL I had but needless to say it lacked the low end authority that I crave for from a subwoofer...

lol 3 years later and you ask me this.

If my memory serves me correct 4 cu ft at around 32 or 33 hz on a SAZ-1500d..

Was a nice sub indeed just didn't like it as much as my 2 12" ssds...

Great subs..

lol 3 years later and you ask me this.

If my memory serves me correct 4 cu ft at around 32 or 33 hz on a SAZ-1500d..

Was a nice sub indeed just didn't like it as much as my 2 12" ssds...

how do the lows on ur ssds compare to the bl u had

Not getting lows out of your system is PROBABLY due more to the enclosure then subwoofer...

exactly what i was going to type.

this

old thread or not i would have to say still a bad ass sub. I don't know how u couldn't get any lows out of it. mine is in 3.5@33hz firing through the rear deck in a crown vic and still can hits some 20 something hz stuff(according to the tags in Decaf's screwed zips).of course not as loud as the 30-40hz stuff but u can still feel it shake the big sedan. Comparing it to my old/blown Avalanche 15" i would say its a good deal louder and when i stuffed it in the same enclosure (3.5@30hz) the BL hit the lows deeper and had louder "high" bass, also remember ava's had a fs around 19hz. surprisingly both have/had better high bass than what my idmax had in a 2.5@30 hz box but that was kind of a big box for a 12 that likes sealed more than ported.

i have been drinking.. so im not gonna read 3 pages before i speak...

i had 2 15inch fully loaded FI BL's on a saz 3000d in 7 cubes....

subs were killer.... NOT an SQ sub.. but not the worst sub... SQ wise.. it hammered.. but also was good at fast reseponce compaired to some other subs......

they handle power like a champ. great with abuse. i think its one of the best moderate biggener subs... meaning.. its the best sub IMO... for someone trying the big jump into true high power real audio..... coming from kicker shit and what ever else these girls are running these days.. into man hood.... the reason like stated,.. they will handle abuse and clipping and heat like champs....

if you asking your self why dont i still run BL's is because i jumped to sundown nightshades.... and the shades knock harder with more athority.. and have more of a fuck you aditude.. IMO... no where near an SQ sub but god damn they sure do take care of those long low body shaking notes.. and thats what im in it for...

long story short i got love for the BL's but im in love with sundowns... and have been for long time......

Awesome Subs.

I prefer them tuned to around 30-32 HZ the lost in SQ is a fair bit towards 40Hz in my application though a fair bit louder even with a single driver. Louder to the ear not sure what the meter will say, but there is obviously less presence with just one driver.

I love my low lows.

30-32hz

IMG_1904.jpg

40HZ

25102010.jpg

i know this doesnt help you but i will be the proud owner of one soon...........if they will hurry up and ship it out already! ;)

ditto... its driving me crazy,,,, sooo anxious

I just bought 2 15" BL's fully loaded with 4 inch coils and they bump hard.as the spiders are loosening up,the lower the bass can drop and sound better.FI all the way...and ive never had a Q but I'm curious to try them.

I love my BL

Ive shown it to several Digital Design enthusiasts and they were all impressed at its ability to crush low, Fi FTMFW :slayer:

i had two 12 fully loaded 3"coiled bls...kills lows, doesn't get hott, loved them, high 140s in the trunk of a camry tuned at 34hz (slot port fired at trunk and subs firing up)

Edited by F.I.zzz-N-A.Q.zzz

I currently have 1 12in Fully loaded BL and it kills the lows, doesn't get hot, sounds great, the sound quality is outstanding, very underrated, i run 1500 CLEAN rms watts to mine daily, love it. best subwoofer Ive had, my other subs just wouldn't last long or even compare :woot:

I love my BL and I can't wait until I put my db-r SA SAX 1200D on it!!! :dancing: