_HeC_

broken RL-i :(

not to impressed right now lol

Photo1285.jpg

Photo1284.jpg

still works but sounds HORRIBLE, the 1 on the left is a few months old and the other is like 7-8months old...anyone know if Mike would do anything for warrenty? im hoping the guy i bought them from has a receipt or im probably SOL :(

also anyone find it odd that only 1 sub is screwed? there wired together @1ohm so you would think both would look the same

Edited by _HeC_

Was that supposed to be a pun? But Mike is very good at taking care of his customers, so I would not be too stressed. :)

I take it the sub on the right is supposed to have a concave cone like the sub on the left? lol.

^u are correct lol should look like the 1 on the left..well except for teh different color as the 1 on the left is the newer one and im guessing they changed teh cone design abit, im told the glue let go on the one, cone seperated from the ,formers(spiders)

im talking to the previous owner and hes going to try and find the receipt for me

Edited by _HeC_

^u are correct lol should look like the 1 on the left..well except for teh different color as the 1 on the left is the newer one and im guessing they changed teh cone design abit, im told the glue let go on the one, cone seperated from the ,formers(spiders)

im talking to the previous owner and hes going to try and find the receipt for me

yea, I bet it sounds like ass now...

Since basically the former is beating on the cone.

ya i didnt turn it up loud, one my way to work i started to turn it up and noticed it didnt sound right so i pulled over and saw teh crack :( lol had the volume at like 5 to hear and i jsut cringed at teh noise it made, turned the subs off on my deck and went to work sad haha

It almost looks like the coil was bottomed out.. but with the other one fine and the power you described.. that's impossible.

email mike directly

mike@soundsplinter.com

have the original buyer's name and info handy, along with pics . dunno if he'll do anything, but that's the quickest way to find out. you might include the box size and how much power was ran. i can tell you that he'll go further then most will to make sure his customer's are happy. unless blatant user error was involved, lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i emailed mike earlier, doesnt seem like it will be worth it to send it in as its gonna cost close to $200... no warrenty i guess

anyone wanna buy the one on the left? was told it was 6 months old when i got so its about 8months old now...im waiting on the original buyer to find his reciept for it... 4ohm DVC

It almost looks like the coil was bottomed out.. but with the other one fine and the power you described.. that's impossible.

I've seen a spider break on only one sub out of 2. Both were in the same box. Not soundsplinters though.

Looking carefuly at the RL-i on the left, I think I can see a small dent in the center of the cone, similar to the broken one...