bose301s

Vote for SAZ-1000D!

Should Jake turn SAE-1000D into SAZ-1000D and shakeup lines?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jake turn SAE-1000D into SAZ-1000D and change amp lines?

• Yes
    • No

Jacob

Any chance us SAE-1000D owners would be able to purchase the new heatsink? I love the performance of the amp right now and can't really justify buying a brand new one purely for cosmetic reasons, but I definitely would like it to match the SAX-100.4

Jacob

Any chance us SAE-1000D owners would be able to purchase the new heatsink? I love the performance of the amp right now and can't really justify buying a brand new one purely for cosmetic reasons, but I definitely would like it to match the SAX-100.4

Not likely - swapping the heat-sink would involve completely removing the board and leaves room for user error, that would create warranty concerns.

Would also create confusion in that the SAZ-1000D version WILL have board modifications done - so it would be hard to tell which amp you really had when buying / selling.

i voted no but was under the impression the change would just be in name and not internal as well. I'm all for it if the internals match the name.

and a yes from me as well.

I had voted before and said yes also....

A vote to have Jacob arrange his lines as such.

Top end: Nightshade NS-4000D

High end: SAZ-1000D, SAZ-2000D, SAZ-3000D

"Entry" line: SAE-800D, SAE-1200D

Vote yes if you like the idea, no if you don't :)

I like the SAZ-1000D idea, but my opinion on the others is:

(1) Turn the SAZ-3000D into an SAZ-4000D and drop the nightshade NS-4000D idea.

(2) Instead of the SAE-800D, downsize the internals,heatsink,etc. and label it an SAE-500D for the plug & play crowd

(2) Instead of the SAE-800D, downsize the internals,heatsink,etc. and label it an SAE-500D for the plug & play crowd

nah keep the Nightshade amp line if it works out like Im thinking its supposed to it will be a very nice amp

The NS-4000D is a totally different amp from the rest of the line and requires it's own separate line. Regulated power supply, totally different topology, heat-sink will have to be taller to accommodate all the huge parts, etc, etc.

I'm not the biggest fan of anything over 3kw built in the same factory as the SAZ / SAX lines. They are good amps but service is a huge pain on them, and I don't like the idea of having a big, expensive, paper-weight left over if something happens to the amp. Besides, the NS-4000D is simply a superior design - plain and simple.

I think the SAE line still needs an in between mode... 500D, 800D, and 1200D is the plan.

The NS-4000D is a totally different amp from the rest of the line and requires it's own separate line. Regulated power supply, totally different topology, heat-sink will have to be taller to accommodate all the huge parts, etc, etc.

I'm not the biggest fan of anything over 3kw built in the same factory as the SAZ / SAX lines. They are good amps but service is a huge pain on them, and I don't like the idea of having a big, expensive, paper-weight left over if something happens to the amp. Besides, the NS-4000D is simply a superior design - plain and simple.

I think the SAE line still needs an in between mode... 500D, 800D, and 1200D is the plan.

I like the SAE500D idea and maybe a 1000 or 1200 but I dont see a reason for a 800D. An 800D would only mean 1.5db's in theory over the 500D and most people wouldnt be able to notice the difference. Of course I am speaking for a SPL stand point.

but the sae's are meant for daily systems the saz's are for the spl crowd

but the sae's are meant for daily systems the saz's are for the spl crowd

not really the SAZ is just a stronger design

I like some of the options

I agree with all of it but the 1000d and 2000d. Scratch those and just stick with the 1500d and 3000d for the saz line up . The SAE line up looks good.

I like some of the options

I agree with all of it but the 1000d and 2000d. Scratch those and just stick with the 1500d and 3000d for the saz line up . The SAE line up looks good.

He is already done with the 1500D, once the current stock and next shipment sell off the 2000D starts, its a done deal. I like the line up suggested, it's perfect.

"Entry" line: SAE 500D, SAE-800D, SAE-1200D

It's going to happen - I like the idea and so do most customers so far :)

Probably around the end of the year.

Will be looking at converting to the SAZ-1000D towards October to November as more of the current SAE-1000D are coming in August along with the 3000Ds. Once those are gone the conversion will be made to the SAZ-1000D.

I don't know if i missed it somewhere, but other than the heatsink how is the SAE different from the SAZ? I've read that the SAZ is a stronger design...I'm not sure how exactly, but this change is bringing about a lot of buzz...bottom line, if I ordered an SAE-1000d this month would I regret not waiting on the SAZ?

Will be looking at converting to the SAZ-1000D towards October to November as more of the current SAE-1000D are coming in August along with the 3000Ds. Once those are gone the conversion will be made to the SAZ-1000D.

I don't know if i missed it somewhere, but other than the heatsink how is the SAE different from the SAZ? I've read that the SAZ is a stronger design...I'm not sure how exactly, but this change is bringing about a lot of buzz...bottom line, if I ordered an SAE-1000d this month would I regret not waiting on the SAZ?

You won't regret it.

Changes are being made to the design to increase stability to loads under 1 ohm and voltages over 14.4 volts - so it will be a real SAZ amp. But, for most people running them at 1 ohm the difference will be negligible besides the cosmetic difference.

"Entry" line: SAE-500D, SAE-800D, SAE-1200D

Sounds like a perfect line-up to me. Can't wait.

Now just needs some pimp more 2/4 channels. :)

I believe the SAE-50.4/75.2 are in the pipeline.

I believe the SAE-50.4/75.2 are in the pipeline.

Yep, that is correct - as well as the SAX-50.4 (same crossovers as SAX-100.4 but smaller).

The SAE multi-channels are moving to the new build house along with the SAE-1200D so I have to start over testing prototypes.

i really like the ideas of a saz 2000d and a sax 50.4!!!!!

Oh yah - I know its coming - there are no ETAs yet on the SAX-50.4 or the SAE multi-channels.

Seriously, there isn't an ETA - sending a PM won't get you an ETA. No, really, seriously :)

*laughs*

... no really, don't PM about it :)