95Honda

Just for FI....

What is the most efficient subwoofer you guys build in your standard lines?

Please, only someone from FI on this one....

-Mike Edgar

I am not with Fi, but I was on the phone with Scott when you posted this, so I asked him. . .BTL

edit - Posted at the same time as Nick. . .

Edited by BKOLFO4

I am not with Fi, but I was on the phone with Scott when you posted this, so I asked him. . .BTL

Sweet.

I hope everyone on here reads this thread.....

Sweet.

I hope everyone on here reads this thread.....

wtf just happend here

HAHAHAHA

Man I say it time and time again. I love the way the BTL sounds, and you don't have to have 3000+ watts to run one!

Brian

I'm kind of confused why this is good or what you can mean by most efficient subwoofer??

is this based off of pure W/m rating?

edit: lol, i just saw your post bigjon and kinda wondered the same thing

Edited by hayes55987

Why?

Because I'm kind of new here, but one thing I have noticed, pretty much daily are quotes like this-

"BTL will need more power which means more electrical upgrades which means blah blah blah"

About 10-20 young guys (and girls) really interested in audio who really want to learn get a little dumber every time something like this is posted...

Why?

Because I'm kind of new here, but one thing I have noticed, pretty much daily are quotes like this-

"BTL will need more power which means more electrical upgrades which means blah blah blah"

About 10-20 young guys (and girls) really interested in audio who really want to learn get a little dumber every time something like this is posted...

lol ok... well throw 500 watts at a btl and then see how you like it.

I'm confused...the BTL does need power...I mean you can run it at 500 watts but I don't see why you'd buy the BTL then

and the reason people keep saying that is because a lot of people still buy a huge Crunch amp or the 3000D, put it on their stock electrical system, throw a BTL in there, something breaks and they don't know why.

I'm confused...the BTL does need power...I mean you can run it at 500 watts but I don't see why you'd buy the BTL then

and the reason people keep saying that is because a lot of people still buy a huge Crunch amp or the 3000D, put it on their stock electrical system, throw a BTL in there, something breaks and they don't know why.

watch out now.. if you ask the man that puts 6k to his btl's he will tell you it sounds better with 200 watts....

and then if you talk about system vs system some people will say OF COURSE ITS LOUDER IT HAS MORE POWER...

You guys realize that with 500 watts, the BTL is the loudest sub you will get from FI, right?

And yes, it will be louder with 3000 watts..... But, it will still be the loudest with 500 watts.... I think this is where the disconnect is....

Would you like to eat baby food at the age of lets say 20?

I dont think a BTL would like to take in 500 watts of power when it can handle so much more

so pretty much i have learned here that people say what ever thay wanna say depeneding on how every thay feel that day....

and the people that say the same thing everyday are blasted for doing so...... aka making people stupid.

Wait, what?

i fixed it im not even sure it made sence to me,

but all to offten i see mods contradict them selfs

Would you like to eat baby food at the age of lets say 20?

I dont think a BTL would like to take in 500 watts of power when it can handle so much more

I think you just made my point.....

I would love to know who and where.

with 500 watts I would not run a BTL...I would run an SSD

Thats why they have different RMS ratings. I would even venture so far as to say with 500 watts the SSD would get louder then the BTL due to the way the sub woofers are intended to be used.

I would love to know who and where.

none of that matters. its just the point,

and its not just mods,

what im sayin is, it happeds.. its hard to make a point when you have people DOING one thing and SAYING another.

Thats why they have different RMS ratings. I would even venture so far as to say with 500 watts the SSD would get louder then the BTL due to the way the sub woofers are intended to be used.

Ding, nailed it again.... :)

thats what i thought... but it seems i have been mis lead my whole life. you have too hayes im sorry....

funny tho.. i have yet to hear anyone that owns a btl that DOES NOT FEED IT OVER 2k....

or any big sub like that.

On a 1w basis the BTL is the most 'efficient'

But you must take into account that speakers in general are very very very inefficient...

This is why we rate products given RMS standards...if you have x amount of power then look at this series of woofers..

I see his point. It's not as shallow as "why run 500 when it can handle 3000."

It's more of the fact that truely the BTL would get loudest with the same power.

Not really practical though because the BTL is so much more expensive.

If money was not a factor to you and you had only 500 watts to run this would be a different story.

Ding, nailed it again.... :)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE,..... HE JUST SAID THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF YOU AND YOU SAID HE MADE YOUR POINT

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE,..... HE JUST SAID THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF YOU AND YOU SAID HE MADE YOUR POINT

Why?